It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-mail Accounts Here....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I got some invites this morning I have 6 in total but I'm giving away 4. First 4 people to reply here will get one.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am up for trying Gmail if you don't mind. Thanks for the offer! u2u me for whatever you need to know.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi please send me an invitation, I have been looking for an invitation to gmail for about a month now. Thanks a lot and it would be greatly appreciated.

my email is: [email protected]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
2 accounts down, 2 left.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
'Ar go on, ill try one out, U2U me anythin you'll need to know

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'll give it a try. AZLS1[remove this part]@hotmail.com

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry but no more. I have two more invites but they are for friends if I have any more I'll let you know.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've got it and man it's so great. Good luck for whoever wants it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have 6 to give away but when I click on the invite button nothing happens. This happens in every browser I've tried. If anyone can solve this problem I'll give them out...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The invite window in Gmail is a pop up. If you have service pack 2 installed you will have to hold down "ctrl" to let IE open the invite window.

Or ANY pop up blocker will kill the window unless you give google
pop up rights in the manager of your blocker.

Also, the link will be red if you really have any invitations to give.

Ref: Forum Gmail Help and Review

Let me know if this did not help. I will gladly do more research to get an invite! U2U me when you are ready for my contact info.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've turned off my Norton add blocker and opened it up in IE, using the control as you said, but still nothing. I use Firefox as a rule and it doesn't work in that either, I put google in the not block list I'm sure but still nothing.

Any further info would be great.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You have provided more information for me to follow up on, so here goes.

First the easy stuff (doubtful, but we must start somewhere right?):

1. I have noticed that sometimes in XP SP2 that IE will include a yellow banner just under the toolbars which says it has blocked the popup, and if you want the pop up to open, click here. (doubt if you overlooked this, but...)

2. Just use a workaround for the moment, like using a friend or family members pc to access your gmail, and invite others from it. (kinda sucks but...)

3. "The pop-up blocker in Mozilla Firefox doesnt stop it from opening and I havent givent it permission. It just works." Ref: GMAIL help forum (Therefore it is probably not a foxfire issue).

4. http:// to --> https:// solved the problem! Ref: Forum GMAIL issues(Also doubtful)

5. JavaScript and cookies must be enabled on all browsers. Ref: Google GMAIL FAQ (doubtful because if you had these off, you probably would not get to GMAIL in the first place)

Now the hard stuff (most likely or you would have fixed it yourself by now).

1. "If you got Norton internet security, 2001/2002/2003 or 2004 and possibly other versions as well, you can't open pop-ups in gmail like 'contacts or the 'invites'. Symantec/Norton creators are aware of this, and are working on a solution. A simple solution would be for it to be automatically off at GMail." Ref: Same as above

Some sites claim as above that you need to turn off the ad blocker, as you said that you did, AND IN ADDITION, set a rule within Norton to turn the ad blocker off for that site. This is an issue with more sites than the gmail link from what I see.

Apparently Norton acknowledges this issue, and refers complaints about this problem to the following instructions: Creating a rule to override Ad Blocking Ref: not happy with norton. It stops our site even though we have no ad's

Here are the instructions:

Norton Internet Security 2001/2002/2003/2004

To create the rule Open Norton Internet Security. Open the list of Web sites:

Norton Internet Security 2003: Click Options. An options or properties dialog box appears. It has a tab titled "Web Content."

Norton Internet Security 2002: Click Options, then click Internet Security, then click Advanced Options. An options or properties dialog box appears. It has a tab titled "Web."

Norton Internet Security 2001: Click Options, then click Advanced Options. An options or properties dialog box appears. It has a tab titled "Web."
Click the Web (or Web Content) tab. You see the Advanced Options dialog box:

Click Add Site. The "New Site/Domain" dialog box appears:
Type the site or domain name for the Web page that you want to create the rule for, then click OK. When you click OK, the new site appears highlighted in the site list in the left column.

Norton Internet Security 2004 Open Norton Internet Security.
In the Norton Internet Security System Status window, double-click Ad Blocking. Click Advanced. Click Add Site. The "New Site/Domain" dialog box appears: In the "New Site/Domain" window, type the site or domain name for the Web page that you want to create the rule for, then click OK. When you click OK, the new site appears highlighted in the site list on the left.

Note: If Norton Internet Security does not accept the site name, type the entire URL except for http:// and the ending slash '/'. For example, for the URL www.symantec.com... type www.symantec.com

In the right frame, click Add. In the Add HTML string window, type the HTML string that you want allowed, and select Permit.

Whew, I hope the mod's allow this long post. Good Luck to you!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Anyone who has an invite they are willing to give to me.. I'd certainly be greatful

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yo John!

If you get it working, as per makeitso's post, I'll be delighted to have one of your Gmail invites....

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Iv got 18 or so if anybody wants them just U2U me.

Should say that Im out now...

[Edited on 8-11-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I still have a couple of so.

Feel free to ask me.

Surf

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hey awesome! may I can I? send a u2u to you..that doesnt mean that I have a gmail account than, isn�t it?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would like one u2u me or ill u2u you heh ill try one out sounds good

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey mates, who wants a gmail account? got 1 to offer..u2u me

greetings

dc

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
okay gmail invite offer is taken already! sorry

regards