It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is large ammunition becoming hard to come by?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A friend of mine mentioned that a friend of a friend who lives in Illinois (don't know wherabouts but I am trying to find out) went to buy large ammo about 3 weeks ago and couldn’t find any…ANYWHERE. Evidently, he was told that the National Guard had come and purchased all the large ammo in the area. The only ammo available was for small firearms. I don’t know if the ammo status has changed or if anyone can spread further light on the subject but it would be appreciated.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Certain calipers are becoming harder and harder to come by. I noticed that certain brands are becoming hard to come by and if you just settle for the cheap russian stuff that has also gone up in price lately.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Simple! he should go online to buy ammo, I get mine from Cheaper than dirt .com. There is no nation wide shortage.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My second thought was, why was the National Guard buying up the ammo, in such sweeping quantities? Don't they get their ammo via shipments? Why buy retail stock? It's got me wondering.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Simple! he should go online to buy ammo, I get mine from Cheaper than dirt .com. There is no nation wide shortage.

Right, although even cheaperthandirt has been running out of the russian stuff occasionally but it isn't long until they are restocked. I think with them it is just that their buisness has gone up so they are selling their products faster. I also use this site because you will not find ammo cheaper anywhere else unless you are loading it yourself. I have not had a problem in any of the local stores either.

OP, it may just be your area, If you or your friends want bulk ammo I suggest checking th net before any stores.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If you need ammo e-mail me.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What do you exactly mean by “large ammunition”
25 ACP?
9MM ?
45 ACP?
223?
7.62X38?
308?
30-06
300WM?
50BMG?
155MM howitzer?

There has been no shortage of 30-06, 308, and 300WM around Indiana. Some of the local stores were having a sale on federal 30-06 150G soft point for $16 just to get it off the shelves.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You also have to take into account that the fall hunting seasons are about to begin, and hunters all across the country are preparing by shooting and zeroing their weapons. I live in a shotgun only zone so the stores sell out of slugs all the time around here this time of year. That could account for your friend not finding ammo anywhere in his area. I would check the dates for the local firearm seasons if he really wants an answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes it is becoming hard to come by because DHS is buying it all up

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
My second thought was, why was the National Guard buying up the ammo, in such sweeping quantities? Don't they get their ammo via shipments? Why buy retail stock? It's got me wondering.

This is an interesting question, if the story you heard was true.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
50-cal is usually around $12 bucks a shot, and usually purchased at only specialty shops, private sellers or internet sales.

Your best bet is to buy the reloading equipment and make them yourself. That way, you only have to find casings, which can be re-used, and are much cheaper.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm having no problem purchasing 308 and 300 WINMAG. Other than with my pocket book.

Buy online and have it delivered. THats my advice.

I have a idea about why all the govt branches are buying up ammo from civilian sources. Maybe some threats that were credible were sent around the govt. that their bullets supplied from XXXX manufacturer have been tampered with in small quantities to be faulty when fired. So they are getting rid of all the old stuff they stocked up on and are buying fresh stock from civilian sources that weren't effected by said terrorist threat. It's a possibility. We used to do the same thing with the viet cong so they wouldn't trust their weapon caches.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
50-cal is usually around $12 bucks a shot

Negatory. The price for 50BMG is running around 3 to 5 dollars a round depending on the projectile.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
44 mag....email me....I'm in north Texas

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
*buys 10,000 rounds of ammo*

*gets off 3 shots then gets themselves killed.*

Yup, seems, like that is how it'd work out for all of you 'survival' types out there.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
*buys 10,000 rounds of ammo*

*gets off 3 shots then gets themselves killed.*

Yup, seems, like that is how it'd work out for all of you 'survival' types out there.

Excellent point.... people think the amount of ammo they have = survival time in a firefight..... good luck against tanks, rpg's, grenades, chemical agents, mortars, flamethrower tanks (waco anybody?) aircraft, drones, etc etc with your 10k rounds of 7.62x39 hahaha. not to mention fighting a superior force that will surround you and have you suppressed even with just small arms so fast you will # yourself.

If you want to survive ww3, if it ever happens, you'd have a better chance by staying mobile with something like a high powered bolt action rifle then you would sitting in some bunker trapped with endless supplies that you can't carry on you, and some crap "assault rifle" lol.

Oh I forgot, that would take skill, just stay in your bunkers and spray.

edit on 16-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

Dude, I assume that you're are American. So let me say this... when you say "A superior force" I think you mean OUR GUYS. Now, I hope I'm wrong and you realize that, if anything, we'd be invaded and would be fighting for our lives. You do understand that right?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

I'm open to all possibilities, but was thinking more along the lines of martial law.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

we'd be so lucky. Why do you think vertical flight is so important? There won't be any infrastructure left. No infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Originally posted by SymbolicLogic

There won't be any infrastructure left. No infrastructure.

One can only hope. It better be a solar flare then that sets it all off because they will still have satellites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join