It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw a shadow person feb 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
hello everyone im new here and wanted to share my shadow person experience with you all so here goes.........it was feb 2012, not sure what day but was 6pm i had the microwave on in the kitchen and was looking out of my window in the livingroom, now the window is in the middle of the room and reflects the hallway in it, as i was looking out something happened that i could not of expected, the shadow i was looking at that i thought was just me turned its head and dread filled my heart, as i realised something was in my hallway, the hallway light wasnt on so seeing clearly was a problem but defanatly without any doubt someone was watching me, i was looking at the reflection of someone in my hallway via the window and it was in the hallway looking back at me via the window......making sense so far? this staring lasted only a few moments then it ran towards my front door and was gone, i can remember clearly seeing arms and legs it looked to be very humanoid looking couldnt see eyes or detail on the face but i knew it was watching me and i saw its arms and legs move as it ran away. So that was that or so i thought, two weeks ago i was sitting up in bed and i saw a shadow walk past my bedroom door expecting to see my otherhalf come in but nothing happened, if she was walking about her shadow would not have been seen......tested this just to prove it to myself lol, the shadow either didnt see me ot didnt care as it walked passed me while i was staring at it, strange thing happened tho, my other half did come in maybe 30 mins after this had happened and she asked me wehere i had gone, confused i looked at her and said iv been in bed the whole time iv been gone, she then explained that she heard keys and the front door shut, i smiled as it validated what i saw but now im wondering just what that was, from what iv read on here shadow people dont need keys or need to open doors, thanks for reading any input would be great

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by melvin2012

At first I thought that the reflection in the window was just yourself being superimposed over top of the hallway, or maybe the light was shining in and you were just looking at your own shadow, but then it turned its head and ran away, that would freak me out.

how tall was it? was it really skinny or a normal sized person?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Aaaand.. its a big wall of letters. Even in my head I hear a hasty, urgent voice reading the words.. A not very pleasant experience.

For the content: install some webcams with motion detection. Go ahead, be the first to prove something like that. I personally would love to see that the earth STILL does have its secrets.
In fact, I doubt it. I would guess for a shadow of your spouse or maybe some optical illusion, e.g. from looking at a highlighted page in a book or a website or something like that.

Nice story, anyway. S&F. But please, next time try some text breaks.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012
from what iv read on here shadow people dont need keys or need to open doors,

Of course not because it's all in your head.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Hello Melvin. I like reading these shadow people stories. As to their reality, the only explanation I can come up with is other dimensional entities. Then, on the logical side of my brain, since both times the shadow headed out the front door, once with keys in hand, my logical side says....you wife has a lover....

Des

edit on 5-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hi Melvin

Not that I'm an expert on this, but it appears to me to be more of a ghostly apparition or possibly a residual haunting. From my limited personal experience with what I would classify as shadow figures, they basically linger in the background and not actively moving around and being in your face, so to speak. I think sometimes people mistake ghosts for true shadow beings. To me, shadow beings are not usually popping in and out unless there is some extreme negativity drawing them in, such as deep depression, extreme anger, tragedy,drug use, etc....

Are you in a new house? Maybe you can check out the history of who lived there previously. Possibly the date that it occured was an anniversary of something meaningful to the entity in which it appeared.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
thanks for the replies to awnser all the questions so far, id say the size of this lets call it a being, was around 6ft skinny, the place im living is my otherhalfs place she has been here 10yrs and not noticed anything, iv been here 3yrs now and this febs the 1st time iv seen anything here. Im curious as possibility of this being a ghost rather than a shadow person, as a few yrs ago i did lose someone important to me, from what i saw and the descriptions given of a shadow being that does fit what i saw

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Well I have seen them too. The funny thing is that a lot of people see them during psychedelic and spiritual experiences, so they do seem to exist in some realm.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's pretty interesting to me. I've been quite curious about all things paranormal since having some pretty weird and unexplainable experiences myself. So, I kind of follow these stories and try to see if there is some type of pattern that emerges that makes sense.

What is interesting here is that in the last month or so I've heard of a lot of shadow people who have shown up very recently. I'm a moderator on a paranormal site (I must tell you I'm also a skeptic first, and try to encourage people to debunk and look first for normal explanations to things). A cluster has appeared there. One happened to someone on the site I have known for a couple of years whose veracity I trust.

But what really got my attention is TWO people in my family have seen them. My daughter three by her bed one evening, and my sister saw one behind her, reflected in the car window as she was getting in to go to work. She turned to say good morning to her neighbor, and nothing was there. Then she turned to get in again, and it happened again! It was a dark shadow figure, moving fast behind her. Shaped like a person, but indistinct. She didn't know about my daughter's experience because she hadn't talked about it to anyone but me, and i certainly didn't tell anyone.

The two members of my family live 5 hours apart, so this wasn't the same location. My sister saw hers last week, and my daughter saw hers last month. Weird, huh?

From what I understand, looking it up online, they tend to be watchers and not the kind of entity that throws stuff around or makes noise. They are also allegedly associated with negativity. I say "allegedly" because I don't necessarily swallow the conventional explanations you get online. Most of them are suspect. But what is interesting is the pattern. When do these things appear? What, if anything, is amiss or different in a person's life who experiences them?

In my sister's case, she had just had a huge health scare (turned out okay), and she has a stressful job.

In my daughter's case, their house has been torn up because they have been remodeling the whole downstairs. At the time of the sighting, the bedroom was stacked with boxes because they had torn out the kitchen to remodel it. She was sleeping and woke up with a start, sitting up in bed. They were at the foot of the bed. She screamed for her husband. He came running, not knowing what was going on. She knows she was awake and not dreaming because she saw both her husband and these entities at the same time. They vanished as he came stumbling into the room. He did not see them, but she was shocked, and she isn't easily spooked.

OP, in your particular case, the sound of the keys jingling does sort of point away from a typical shadow person event. Another poster suggested it might just be a ghost. I'm not sure of the difference because we tend to give names to unseen things that fit our understanding. I'm not certain what difference there is between a ghost, a shadow figure, a light anomaly, an apparition, etc.

If I were you, I'd keep watch. If it bugs you, sometimes people have had some luck with yelling at spirits and telling them they need to go. Shadow people are reputed to be a little tougher to convince, if you believe the stories. My own feeling is that when you get the chaos under control and bring peace into your life, these sorts of things settle down and go way on their own.

Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah... admitting this on ATS is probably going to haunt me - as I am not a fixture in the occult/UFO/fringe stuff forums. But...

When I was younger I had a shadow that followed me around. I rarely saw it. But my friends, acquaintances, and people in the same room as me often did. It was very common for them to say something about strange shadows walking by when nobody was there. I'd laugh and say "It's just my pet wraith" - as I'd been dealing with the whole phenomenon for some time and had started calling it as such.

When I got into my early twenties it stopped. But, funny story. Two years back I was contacted by the sister of my first wife - after not hearing a word from anyone from that period of my life for nearly 20 years. She and I reconnected and I visited her for a week. During that week she told me "Remember that thing that used to follow you around? The wraith? Well I've had it since you disappeared." And then her roommates all began discussing how they'd seen it countless times and thought of it like a member of the family.

Now maybe I was young and stupid. I was into the occult when I was a kid, and was suggestible to be certain. I'm also a PTSD patient, and have been since I was 18. So I could be crazy.

But as for the 20 years later part? I have no clue.

Make of this what you will. All I can say is that it's 100% true.

~Heff
edit on 9/5/12 by Hefficide because: forgot an entire sentence.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Sorry. But unless you have looked into the vast numbers of instances of this phenomenon from all over the world, and through history, I think making the assumption that these things are all in your head is demeaning.

For this to be "all in your head," you would need to buy into a mass hallucination over time and distance that has total similarity between people who experience it. That's a weak argument.

Truly, some of these experiences might be bad dreams caused by too many scary movies. Some might be caused by natural things like a car driving by and the headlights making moving shadows, etc.

But, in the cases I have read and been told by my family and friend, they were awake, aware, and they are certain they saw what they saw. My fiend that saw them has a big yellow lab. This dog is a marshmallow. He never gets upset and goes nuts barking. He's laid back. This dog went crazy when my friend saw these things. There was no noise. But, he was barking frantically and lunging at the door like Cujo. It's not proof, but it does add some interesting additional information.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Nope, you're not crazy. You'd be surprised at how many people have paranormal experiences and just don't like to tell about them because they fear they will be seen as nutjobs.

Thanks for sharing your story. Every voice helps to de-stigmatize these experiences. People are both frightened of the event and of being seen to be mentally ill if they tell about it. So, double hit.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I too have seen a shadow person. i was 14 years old. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, turned and looked in my doorway and there stood a dark silhouette of a body. The room which had the doorway was lit very well by a window. i know what i saw, there was no mistaking it for just a shadow. It took up the whole doorway

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just posted my experience in another thread.

There were dozens standing around me as I was laying outside on the ground having a psychedelic experience.

At first I was scared but after I while I felt very peacefull like they were watching over me. This all happened after I had a remarkable vision of a colorfull sun god sorta face which exploded into all kinds of geometric shapes, coming from its mouth flowing to the back of the head like a vicious circle.

I think I had a kundalini awakening. Must´ve been like over 15 years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If I hadn't experienced it before personally I would say you were crazy or misinterpreting what you saw. I have had a few sightings of "shadow people" before, and on at least two occasions I have had other witnesses notice it too, which is a good thing I suppose (at least I wasn't left thinking I was hallucinating).

The scariest one I remember was when I was very young, probably 5-6 years old. It was humanoid shape, standing in a doorway, kind of resembling black/dark grey smoke. It just stayed there not really moving until I worked up the courage and approached then it almost frantically scrambled through the wall. Still creeps me out thinking about it.
As to what they are, no clue. Maybe it's time travelers researching their genealogy and taking a peak at their ancestors lives
"And here is your great great grandfather.. Oh $%*# HE SEES US! THROUGH THE WALL QUICK!"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway
Sorry. But unless you have looked into the vast numbers of instances of this phenomenon from all over the world, and through history, I think making the assumption that these things are all in your head is demeaning.

Why is that demeaning? Out of body experiences / seeing a tunnel in near-death situations feel "real" too, but there is a scientific explanation and it can now be "artificially" created.

Probably everybody have experienced a Deja Vu. They too seem very "real", but are not. Nothing demeaning about that either.

I could list a number of experiments of different sorts that fool people thinking things that are not real.

For this to be "all in your head," you would need to buy into a mass hallucination over time and distance that has total similarity between people who experience it. That's a weak argument.

Nope, THAT argument is weak.

As stated above, the human brain works in a way that causes certain things to be common among people. It's not that strange.
However, some of these things are more localized. For example, the "abducted by aliens"-experiences, which are common in the western world, but not in the rest. However, for example in Japan, this is replaced with another experience dealing with monsters.

Truly, some of these experiences might be bad dreams caused by too many scary movies. Some might be caused by natural things like a car driving by and the headlights making moving shadows, etc.

Yes, but I believe most of these have to do with the same "Shadow People"-experience. I don't doubt that the majority are truthful. Mainly for the reason that I don't think many people would say these things (in person) to anybody unless they really thought it happened - and even then, they probably fear being ridiculed.

But, in the cases I have read and been told by my family and friend, they were awake, aware, and they are certain they saw what they saw. My fiend that saw them has a big yellow lab. This dog is a marshmallow. He never gets upset and goes nuts barking. He's laid back. This dog went crazy when my friend saw these things. There was no noise. But, he was barking frantically and lunging at the door like Cujo. It's not proof, but it does add some interesting additional information.

Yes, that is interesting. And assuming all this is accurate, and even if I probably shouldn't speculate too much about this incident, here goes:

Knowing dogs somewhat, you can ask a dog "who's at the door?" to make him/her alert by the fact that there's a potential intruder.
Also, dogs are very good at reading people, so if you honestly get scared of a potential intruder, the dog will probably pick it up. This would explain why the dog was "in it".

Sounds reasonable?

Oh, and here's some scientific stuff around Shadow People:
www.cosmosmagazine.com...

edit on 5-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Probably everybody have experienced a Deja Vu. They too seem very "real", but are not. Nothing demeaning about that either.

That fact that everybody experiences it makes it very real. How can you say a Deja Vu is not real?

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past.

Are you saying that the sensation felt is not real, even though everybody has them?

Or do you mean that we didn't really experience it before? There is no way for you to know that for sure.

Why is that demeaning? Out of body experiences / seeing a tunnel in near-death situations feel "real" too, but there is a scientific explanation and it can now be "artificially" created.

Do you have a link for that?

edit on 5-9-2012 by MarthaFocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Melvin,
I do believe what you wrote about what happened to you for I have also had a few 'shadow people' experiences. When I was younger I had one in my bedroom one night that literally walked up to the side of my bed from across the room and put its hand over my face and scared the heck out of me, I've written about it on my thread here. I did not realize so many have had experiences like ours until I came here and have read many stories just like some here on your thread. I do hope yours don't bother you again! But I also giggled at what Des said, that could always be a possibility too, hopefully not though! Hehe

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
so far iv only seen this entity in the hallway, im really hoping it stays there as shudder!! i dont want to see it in my bedroom hard enough to sleep at night now as it is lol.............im thinking of trying to film that area at night but dont want to make things more active

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarthaFocker

That fact that everybody experiences it makes it very real. How can you say a Deja Vu is not real?
[...]
Or do you mean that we didn't really experience it before?

Yes, that's what I meant.

There is no way for you to know that for sure.

Yes, there is.

Do you have a link for that?

Not right now, no. But I suggest you read more about the science behind it, if this is a subject that interests you.
I think I need to revise what I said though, I remember reading that seeing light at the end of the tunnel is also a western-thing. What makes it even more a pure dream/hallucination is that different people have reported seeing the tunnel as a subway (including tiles), as well as other types of tunnels, clearly indicating that this is a mental construct.

But as I said, it's better for you to get "first hand" information rather than me inaccurately describing scientific results that aren't at my fingertips.

<<   2  3 >>

join