It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush comment on Osama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
In the debates tonight there was a comment made by John Kerry about how the Bush administration allowed Bin Laden to escape. Bush replied that the statement was ridiculous that of course he cared where Bin Laden was and every asset was being used to find him. I don't doubt that. It was astonishing to see after the debate footage of the President saying in a press conference and I quote the President about Osama Bin Laden,

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. . . . I truly am not that concerned about him." President George Bush

And yet this was the mastermind behind 911. Read it again America. Mr. President on Osama Bin Laden, '....I truly am not that concerned about him.'

I wonder how the families of those slain in New York and the Pentagon and flight 93 would feel about the President's statement. Offense is an understatement.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by vincere7]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
In the debates tonight there was a comment made by John Kerry about how the Bush administration allowed Bin Laden to escape. Bush replied that the statement was ridiculous that of course he cared where Bin Laden was and every asset was being used to find him. I don't doubt that. It was astonishing to see after the debate footage of the President saying in a press conference and I quote the President about Osama Bin Laden,

"So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. . . . I truly am not that concerned about him." President George Bush

And yet this was the mastermind behind 911. Read it again America. Mr. President on Osama Bin Laden, '....I truly am not that concerned about him.'

I wonder how the families of those slain in New York and the Pentagon and flight 93 would feel about the President's statement. Offense is an understatement.

and there was the man his so called war on terror was based
what a laugh

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

ohhh man.. can you gove me a link to that quote?

wraith

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I heard that one go past last night (I was driving home from school and caught it) and did a double-take on it. I think it's certainly fair to accuse Bush of neglecting Osama, and focusing on the relatively inept Saddam.

It's as though he felt threatened and decided on a less challenging target than Osama. If memory serves, wasn't he coming under some flak for not capturing Osama after invading Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

to be honest with you.

This is a statment made by people who lie. It is a fact.
N.L.P. Neuro-Linguistic programming Is used by everyone everyday. The body and mind see and hear things more diffrently than you can know, well some know, not many.

Here is am example, When you tell someone," dont forget" Your mind does not hear the negative(dont), so it does what it is told, forget. It is much better to tell someone, "please remember".

Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) studies the structure of how humans think and experience the world. Obviously, the structure of something so subjective does not lend itself to precise, statistical formulae but instead leads to models of how these things work. From these models, techniques for quickly and effectively changing thoughts, behaviors and beliefs that limit you have been developed.
www.nlpinfo.com...

NLP, or Neuro-Linguistic Programming, is the science of how the brain codes learning and experience. This coding affects all communication and behavior. It affects how you learn and how you experience the world around you. It is a key to reaching goals and achieving excellence.

nlpco.com...

[edit on 14-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

[edit on 14-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

wraith

Since Vincere is offline right now, here a link to the quote:

Whitehouse.gov March 13, 2002

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

wraith

Straight from the horses mouth... he must have really meant it because he said it twice (see below--emphasis added...)

www.whitehouse.gov...

White House Press Conference, March 13, 2002

Q����Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden.��Why is that?��Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive?��Final part��--��deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of��--

THE PRESIDENT:��Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all.��Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time.��And the idea of focusing on one person is --��really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person.��And he's just��--��he's a person who's now been marginalized.��His network, his host government has been destroyed.��He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match.��He is��--��as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide��--��if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is.��You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you.��I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan.��There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly.��We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy.��We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Q����But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT:��Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him.��And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure.��And, again, I don't know where he is.��I��--��I'll repeat what I said.�I truly am not that concerned about him.��I know he is on the run.��I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country.��I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
sorry for the dupe--must've been quoting at the same time

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
simply taken out of context as usual !!!!!!!!!!

President Bush is not saying that Osama is not an important topic, he's saying that he believes that Osama is not a big a threat to anyone anymore...

therefore, President Bush is focusing on other pressing matters at hand... Iraq and our troops.... etc....

that wasn't hard to figure out !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is a difficult one to analyze. If anyone's been keeping abreast of the 'terror tapes' that have been surfacing recently, bin Laden is nowhere to be found.

On top of that, this whole al-Qaeda thing is kind of a hydra (the mythical, multi-headed beast). Even if we did get Osama, the next guy in line to succeed him will just pop up and do so.

Keep in mind that if such a transition of power were to take place, the new al-Qaeda leader will want to make his power and control known and would likely order some pretty stellar attacks to demonstrate his ability to spread fear.

Do I think that Osama was 'the big one that got away'? Oh yeah. Would it have mattered to al-Qaeda operationally had we nabbed him? Not much. Has Bush's inability to capture him made al-Qaeda a greater threat? Who knows?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's a lose-lose situation. If the American army were to capture and kill Osama, he would become a martyr and therefore an inspiration to future terrorists. If the American army lets him loose, it will be seen as a sign of weakness. The best solution for Bush IMHO would be to capture him, get him to trial in front of an international war crimes court and in jail.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The reason why Bush is not concerned with the "mastermind" behind 9/11, Osama, is because Osama, along with Al-Qaeda is a manufactured Intelligence Front. Plain and simple.

Manufactured Intel Front

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Or maybe he's not that concerned because OBL could already be caught/killed, but no announcement would be made until it would create the greatest possible political impact for GWB...

Let's see if he's suddenly killed or captured before the election - it really wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
exactly, sort of, the US military does not want to kill him for fear of triggering an all out attack on US interest (but I doubt it). They want to keep the pressure on him be keeping him somewhat confined in a paticular region of the world, that way they can continue to monitor him and the people he meets with. At this point Osama network has been effectively shut down, there are however other active cells that can operate autonomusly without instruction from Osama, these are our current high level threats and these are the ones that the President is currently dealing with. Osama by himself is not a threat, he no longer has a Nation to operate within and to train effectively so his total value as a threat is next to none.

Sure we would like to capture him, but considering the amount of security forces he has and the chance that he would take himself out to become a martyr makes trying to capture him really risky.

Since ALQ has proclaimed to want to attack the US prior to the election we have just two and half weeks to wait. After the elections I am sure you will see a full on attack on Osama's position in the Mountains to either recover him or destroy him.

The President is doing his best to safeguard American interests until such time as the threat of a full on assualt is diminished.

IF the terrorists can not pull off an attack prior to the US elections they will be seen as "weak" and incapable of carrying through their threats, THE US on the other hand will push forward with a very aggressive policy of seek and destroy since they will now have the publicly acknowledged position of strength in the fact that they deterred the terrorist act prior to the elections.

In the past I have stated that OBL would be "captured" in October, but considering the new information of the Chechnyan Terrorists in Arizona I doubt the State Department is going to take any chance of setting something off prior to the elections. So they are playing a waiting game. Once the elections are over though, I beleive the "CRR#@$P" is going to hit the fan in regards to how "safe" the terrorists are.

Just look at Allawi's statement in Falluja. Give up the forgien terrorists or else. I think we will see a very well co-ordinated / multi- front assualt on all the terrorists at one time, whether its in Afgahnistan, Iraq and possibly during the news blitz, Israel might sneak some hits in on Iran at the same time.

Then there will be this unwind and assesment, Zarqawi killed or captured, Osama killed or captured, the "liberation" of Falluja etc

I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes open.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't think the families from 911 care about theories and conspiriacies. I think they care about justice. I think they have to live their lives everyday without the children they loved, without husbands who were firefighters, wives, police officers, sisters and brothers.

Osama was named without a doubt as the mastermind. I'm sure the victims families DO CARE where Osama is and hope that everything is being done to find him. I think the families would not only be insulted by the statement but deeply wounded that the president could actually smirk and laugh while he says..."I'm not that concerned about it."

It's about respect. Ther president certainly lacks the respect for those who pay the price every day.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

President Bush is not saying that Osama is not an important topic, he's saying that he believes that Osama is not a big a threat to anyone anymore...

therefore, President Bush is focusing on other pressing matters at hand... Iraq and our troops.... etc....

exactly, but who pays attention to the entire completed thought?

[edit on 14-10-2004 by fledgling666]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Has anyone of you ever thought that by the president saying "what he said" was to basically shun Osama and hurt Osamas ego itself. I know the more publicity and concern you show someone in the public the more likely they are to act out even more because now thier ego is running them. Show them no mind as if they are just a tiny little pest and they will start to make mistakes and settle down thinking we have basically given up on trying to find him when in a nutshell this is how we will catch him. Come on people even psycology works on terrorists.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

My fellow Americans, I give you our great protector...

the only true "terror" is the thought of having this man as our President for another 4 years...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

..... what part of "I am truey not that concerned about him" is taken out of context?

He said that he believes that no single man is a danger "Terror is bigger than one person." and yet all of his rantign was to git Saddam, Saddam is evil, Saddam was turned into the icon of Terrorrist supplying boogymen and yet he is willing to consider the man who funded and masterminded the 9/11 attacks.

This is nto a matter of takign somethign out of context.. this is not the manipulation of numerical figures from a biased report.. this is the president saying the number one on the americas most wanted list not that big a concern.

Wraith

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Has anyone of you ever thought that by the president saying "what he said" was to basically shun Osama and hurt Osamas ego itself. I know the more publicity and concern you show someone in the public the more likely they are to act out even more because now thier ego is running them. Show them no mind as if they are just a tiny little pest and they will start to make mistakes and settle down thinking we have basically given up on trying to find him when in a nutshell this is how we will catch him. Come on people even psycology works on terrorists.

Yes, psychology works on terrorists.. Reverse Psychology works on 8 year olds. It is obvious what level the president is cappable of working on.

wraith

Yes that was a low and blatent attack.. I am sorry

new topics

top topics

join