It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jew rating' kicks up storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I read in my newspaper today that the US has passed a controversial law which sees the states rating countries based on their treatment on JEws.I think that that is a little prejudice on the US part.Wad do you guys tink?sorry im in a rush ill add more later

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, the President has to sign it before it actually becomes law, but I think that there is a good chance that he will. Here's a link to the actual story.

U.S. Congress calls for special post to track anti-Semitism
WASHINGTON - A new law passed by Congress on Monday and now awaiting the president's signature would require the State Department to appoint a special commissioner to keep track of anti-Semitism worldwide and publish an annual report on the subject.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why do we care if others dont like jews. What if we dont, do we go to jail?

Now we cant even not like others?

[edit on 14-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Does that mean that you don't really like Jews? We'll make a note of that.

State Department Log
On 14OCT2004 SpittinCobra voiced a disinterest in Jews. Kill all funding and launch military strikes against his home nation.

Well, maybe not that bad, but I wonder what they will do with the information.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I dont hate any race of people. I can careless what others do, as long as it dont bother me.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This story coming at the samie time the BBC reports this?

Israel 'worried over world image'
news.bbc.co.uk...

Funny the two bedfellows conspiring again?

Isreal worried about their image and the US is going to tell 'em exactly who it is they need to lable anti-semetic.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Isreal worried about their image and the US is going to tell 'em exactly who it is they need to lable anti-semetic.

Sharon's makin' a list
he's checking it twice
he's gonna find out whose anti-semitic or nice.

I highly doubt this will pass and if it does, I don't think we will need Israel to tell us who's anti-semitic or not.

Iran does a good enough job on their own.
France does too.

Are we going to start labelling countries because they don't like blacks, latinos, asians etc?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Sharon's makin' a list
he's checking it twice
he's gonna find out whose anti-semitic or nice.

Neat little rhyme there bud

About a list of countries not liking black, latinos etc.

The US would top that one no?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Does that mean that you don't really like Jews? We'll make a note of that.

My friend answers that question quite well (he's joking)

I hate everyone equally

Countries shouldn't be rated on how they treat a certain religion, they should be rated on how they treat their people

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I dont hate any race of people. I can careless what others do, as long as it dont bother me.

agreed.
what about muslims? and all the anti-islamic problems across the world? surely that is more important

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Countries shouldn't be rated on how they treat a certain religion, they should be rated on how they treat their people

There is in fact a democracy index to rate the freedom of the politcal systems in various countries.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

what about muslims? and all the anti-islamic problems across the world? surely that is more important

Is this a question to me, or just in general?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Is this a question to me, or just in general?

No, no,
its just in general

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

About a list of countries not liking black, latinos etc.

The US would top that one no?

that was my point. Granted, we don't openly express our dislike as some nations do with regards to Jews (or anyone else).

Iran is tops on that anti-semite list and the current activity with the Truman makes me think that we are gearing up for a quick resolution to their Nuke problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well..welll...well...

"Anti Semitism? " Well, let me see.....

Since only 10% of world Jewry are actually "Semitic" by blood (the Sephardi Jews and their genetic cognates are the only ones who are literal blood "semites" (i.e. thought to be lineal descendants of Abraham through Shem, hence "Shemitic") and 90% of world Jewy is Ashkenazi ("non Semitic" descendants of a forced conversion of pagan gentiles in Khazaria near Kiev between AD 780 and AD 980)-----this might be hard to track...

But think about this one, folks.....

By definition, ALL ARABS ARE BY LITERAL BLOOD SEMITES or "SEMITIC" ---so perhaps we should be keeping track of EVERY NATION WHO MAKES ANTI ARAB POLITICAL STANCES....making any kind of anti ARAB comment at all would be literally being ANTI SEMITIC, after all......

Which of course would include all the anti Arab racist comments made by the JDL as well as all those newscasters since 9-11 who preach to the "Heavilly Dumbed Down" voters of the good ol US of A--- whose ignorant masses wouldn't know a Sefardi from an AshkeNAZI--even if you were to read the Torah to them in unpointed paleo Hebrew...

People who bandy about words like ANTI SEMITIC should do a little research before mis-using their terms...

But then again, Americans aren't generally known for their education in such matters....their attention span isn't apparently long enough for them to go out and pick up a book like Arthur Koestler's THE THIRTEENTH TRIBE....and read it all the way through without turning on MTV....

But we all live in hope....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It seems to me that all the singling out hasn't done much. There are still crimes against women, blacks, religious groups. I would think it would be more effective to up the ante for all criminal intent. If someone Jewish gets beaten up, the perpetrator shouldn't be treated differently than if average Joe Whiteguy Christian got beaten up. I think the focus should be on the punishment for committing crime against anybody, not on who is being victimized.

I would like to see more focus on children than on any group. If they want to set up a special watch, they should set it up on children and elderly. Do it by helplessness of the victim and not color or religion.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
ok..back...here's a quote from the newspaper:

"As justification for the law, the congressmen cited the burning of the Jewish synagugue in Tuolon, France last March; the desecration of 50 Jewish gravestones in St Petersburg, Russia, in February, and the recent claim by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad that Jews "rule the world by proxy".

It sounds to me like the congressmen are pro-Semitism. Wad about the other religions?Or races?Or even human rights in the world..shouldn't this be of more concern instead of Anti-Semitism?The US congress seems biased enough to be blind about all this.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So I guess they figure it's ok to desecrate non-Jewish graves. A few years ago there was a rash of church burnings and I didn't see anything about protecting Baptists above and beyond. And lots of people think the Jews run the world, either by proxy or directly. I can see where they're coming from, especially if they see the US as a world leader and consider our spooning with Israel a problem. I think this is going to cause trouble for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Utterly moronic would be my comment on this law.

We are supposed to rate the countries on how they talk about one single minorty whos deffinition we are not even sure of (as Amadeus pointed out) ??? INSANE. Totaly insane.

A lot of european so-called "anti-semitism" is actually about criticizing the policies of extreme religious right wing politician and a convicted mass murderer Ariel Sharon. That is not anti-semitism, that is common sense.

Any minority in any country on this planet is exposed to anti- *enter label here* sooner or later. That is because evil lives everywhere.

Muslims had to face a lot of backlash in the west recently. Should we label ENTIRE NATIONS AND COUNTRIES as muslim-haters, or anti-muslim because of actions of few??
I thought this world has moved past generalizing people like that. I was wrong.

Ughhh...

Thank you, Bush & Team, for making me lose faith in humanity once again.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So, the zionists indeed rule the world by proxy?
How else do you explain this bizarre law?

Really, shouldn't we also establish indices for Ukranians
or descendants of people from Papua New Gnuinea?

Enough of pro-Israeli stance already.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Aelita]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join