It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Do You Think Federal DHS Will Take Over From The State Police?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
For me, it's no longer a question of if, only how they can and will take over.

We know states are going bankrupt and this I believe is key.

I believe the police forces are going to be stripped during Austerity and many police will be laid off. The DHS will then start moving in to take over police responsibilities.

Here is one example of DHS taking over responsibilities:
"The Department of Homeland Security is sending out its state watchdogs to arrest drunk drivers and draw their blood over Labor Day weekend" Read More...

We also know the states have been made bankrupt so they wont be able to re-employ new police officers.

The Fed will allow the state to be bailed out only if it capitulates to certain parameters. I believe if the state agrees not to re-invest in state based security (police) and signs an agreement passing security operations over to the DHS, then they will be bailed out.

City Loses Democracy After Going Bust

This is the model I believe illustrates how the DHS will attempt take over security opperations in US states.

edit on 2-9-2012 by TheMindWar because: Edit

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
think DHS will end up more like the old KGB or Stasi rather than them directly taking over police departments... they'll probably appoint political officers to oversee police and military ....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well, at the moment..and by last count. DHS has a whopping 184,000 people in combined manpower cross such agencies as Secret Service and Coast Guard as well as it's organic elements that came into existence after 9/11. If they are looking to take over something..it's going to take someone MUCH more intelligent and capable than Aunt Janet. She can't manage her own Office without having people directly beneath her running their own sordid sex scandals right out of her wing of the building.

Now...when the next President arrives...be it Romney or who knows who in 2016...if we still have a nation by then....we might see someone with the professional ability to do more than dog paddle and stay above water. At the moment though? These idiots can play the fear card and keep us all scared of our own shadows and neighbors as well as anyone in history....but that's about all they have. There just isn't much to it after the fear is thrown in the trash and another hard look is taken.

I'd make a comment about the Emperor wearing no clothes...but..ummm.. Yeah, let's not go there with this bunch.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good thread topic. I was waiting for someone to post this one.

IMO, keep supporting your "local law enforcement." As bad as you think they are, just wait until the feds get here. Also, don't become like California with most of the nation's bankrupted municipalities.

Bottom line, SUPPORT LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Easy-peasy, lemmon-squeasy.

Knock out the utilities. Lack of pay, infrastructure collapse, whatever, then wait.

After a week of no power, people will be begging for DHS/Military to intervene.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
One last note. Whenever this "event" does take place, expect the SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) to "weigh-in" on aspects of the Patriot Act and Federal Policing Powers.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There's one major aspect of almost all major law enforcement agencies that has to be met. It's called the "delicate balance." That's where internal affairs is the counterweight. DHS must meet that requirement. It's difficult, although not impossible to see DHS policing our neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You'll know them when you see them. They'll be dressed like this

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
And let's not forget about the quasi police force (brown shirts) ominously named "Transportation Security Administration" (TSA), which operates under the umbrella of DHS. "TRANSPORTATION" covers all movement of a person (and their goods) from one place to another and that Nazi organization has total control over that movement. They have just recently made their encroachemnts into the train, bus, and public highway venues, and they have ordered thousands of "highway checkpoint booths" many of which are already in place in several states. This also means that any pedestrian can be arrested without warrant or due process to be imprisoned under suspicion of being a terrorist: for example - I am out for a walk along the railroad tracks or a superhighway taking pictures (or whatever) TSA has the rights of arrest under the "terrorism" laws now in place.

Think about it - otherwise why wasn't the agency named "AIRPORT" Security Administration?

I am not speaking here about what is to come - You already live in a Police State no different than any other dictatorship that ever existed!!!

edit on 2-9-2012 by de_Genova because: add info

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Easy-peasy, lemmon-squeasy.

Knock out the utilities. Lack of pay, infrastructure collapse, whatever, then wait.

After a week of no power, people will be begging for DHS/Military to intervene.

True, but not all people.

People in cities yes, people in the country no. That's why they want the entire population bunched up in cities, much easier to control.

It's all about conditioning -

edit on 2-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They already have with federal bribe money in the form of grants and loans to hire more officers and buy more equipment etc. In turn the state and local police enable all the alphabet thugs (DHS FBI ATS DEA IRS etc.) to enforce their tyranny on the American people. They will not assimilate them all under the DHS banner they want to preserve the illusion that the people still have their individual state and local agencies. Otherwise they risk a revolt at least for the time being, who know in a few more generations they might be able to get away with it...
edit on 2-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They won't. The DHS law enforcement agencies investigate certain types of crimes. Immigration fraud, international smuggling, counterfeiting, etc. They have no idea how to conduct policing, and most of their agents don't want to be police (or they would have joined a police force).

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To make a point...up here in Michigan....sometimes a call can get repsonses (depending on where) of a huge amount of police to it.

Say in Ann Arbor? Youll get the Mich State Police, the Ann Arbor Police, the Washtenaw County Sheriff, Dept of Homeland Security, the Border Patrol...and lastly the University of Mich Police...AT THE SAME TIME. Ive had this happen. Whereas in Dearborn, the local Police respond-with the the State Police and Border Patrol-along with DHS

**Last Night Sept 1st Detroit, Mi:
Last night they were doing just that along Mich Ave coming from Downtown Detroit and the Jazz Fest.
These departments work together teaming up like this all the time up here...and have been for a while.

And these are simple traffic stops etc...

Border Patrol has a 25 Mile radius from the borders to enforce and stop you for whatever THEY want...and they do.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

On the east coast of Florida, I've noticed a sharp increase in the number of Border Patrol and customs officers on interstate 95. They drive large white SUVs with green logos and they're usually parked under overpasses or sitting in the median. I've also been seeing black SUVs sitting with them from time to time. I'm not sure what agency owns them as they are unmarked, but they are definitely not locals or state highway patrol.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by johneffendoe

You too? I have noticed DHS here in Lee county. Funny they drive old beat up crowns, but the license plate sure says Government DHS.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

I do about 180 mile round trip on I95 5-6 days a week for work. I start in Indian River and go down to mid Palm Beach county. The last few months the BP and Customs guys have been all over the place. The black unmarked SUVs look pretty new. Maybe I'll stop and ask them for directions so I can get a look at their tags

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

With the 1st natural or man made disaster they can get their grubby little paws on. Declare marshal law in the name of public safety. Bring in the military as law enforcement, at which point, the payback begins for all the veterans that have been gunned down by police recently.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
DHS take over? Not in collective numbers. Given the arm-twisting abilities of the feds, they will incorporate the electronic capabilities of the new fusion centers as the primary go-to source for intelligence for all armed officers regardless of the colors that they wear. Those centers will be able to tell your local cop where you were five minutes ago no matter whether you have ever been a suspect of anything, but simply because they can and will keep tabs on the whole population. What cop shop would turn down that nice, helpful gift? Then eventually, they will slowly bring them up to the desired role they have in mind for them.

My belief is that Obama has been shown the blueprint for the NWO and he has seized uponthe issue because it mates exactly with many of his personal views about destroying the old American and making it the new america. --And no, I didn't forget to capitalize that last word.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Some kinda disaster or false flag then gov will declare martial law. At this point Obama will become a dictator and turn over his control to the U.N. Then the U.N. forces will come in and you know what happens from there..

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
They'll take over with bullet holes in their heads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join