It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Image of Baphomet: Upsetting Folks Since 1855.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

I would refer you first and foremost to The Constitution of the United States of America. Then, any writings by Geo. Washington, including his personal letters. That the war hero general and first POTUS considered America as a nation under God is abundantly supported.

The MSM and TPTB would sure prefer us to think he didn't. But you'll find it in nearly anything with real historical value, as in anything that's facsimile or cited to facsimile.

BTW, I am not claiming Washington ever coined or said the exact phrase "Nation Under God," but rather that he strongly believed that God had a strong hand in helping him win the war (he reportedly had visions and saw that angel) and that the only way for true Liberty to exist is when the State views its citizens as endowed with inalienable rights endowed upon them by the Creator God. Because without God providing the citizens these inalienable rights, the only other option is for the State to provide them, which creates the mechanisms of tyranny.
edit on 2-9-2012 by twoandthree because: Not saying Geo. Washington invented the slogan "Nation Under God"

As we erase the memory and history of God in this country AND increase the size of the Nanny State, we are authoring the end of our own Liberty, as well as that of the rest of the world and the generations to come. To this day, America is the beacon of freedom (though not perfect) for the world. It is still an experiment that is being tested.
edit on 2-9-2012 by twoandthree because: One more paragraph because Liberty is worth writing more about.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone mentioned this,,.,.

but to me,, the image,, represents mans place in the cosmos,,, as part beast ( animal ) and part divine ( maybe equalling intellect or intelligence,, since that is where our grace and finer qualities come from.. not that other animals do not possess these traits to degrees,, its just that man has come from animal beings, to wanting to reach for the light of knowledge of "the gods")

his black wings to me represent the story of fallen angels,.,.,. mankind was kicked out o the divine realm,, perhaps to teach a lesson.... god - " if you think you can do better on your own,,, go on then,, make your heaven"

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The fact is that you don't personally know this guy. What was said in the media/news is merely a by-product of what they need the populace to believe. The fact is, many Satanist and the Illuminati, as well as many musicians use this because of the real truth. That it is Satanically rooted and has a greater meaning than that of just selling books as a cute cartoon. Despite your obvious attempt to subvert the odious evil that this image represents, it nonetheless represents a great deal of abhorrent rituals which have resulted in the deaths of many. How cute. The photo itself, although creepy in nature, is not dangerous...but those who believe it what it means are VERY dangerous. The image is nothing more than a representation of the evil intent, of what spiritual paradigm a person is dabbling in. True, don't fear the picture...it's just a picture.......fear the person who adheres to the underlying principle of which the image represents. Like Bush (both of them), Cheney, Obama and Hillary Clinton.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I am sincerely appreciative of your candid post. You have hinted at a lot. Would you be willing to fill in the blanks?

I have, on purpose, let the composite symbol, or Sphinx, that is Levi's Baphomet, go undeciphered, by myself (like I am qualified, or something), or by way of citation from Levi's writing.

Please; have at it.

X.

P.S.

The fact is that you don't personally know this guy.

Which guy? Levi?
edit on 2-9-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
also i forgot to mention,,, but where the snakes near his crotch,,, there is a dark expansive area behind it,..,,. i think this and the snakes represent the raw energy of creation,, which drives the living being,, its lusts and instincts and lower root chakra type ideas..... and this is met with from above his head,, is spewing out, or obtaining some kind of fire or light ( lucifer, prometheus, intelligence).,.,. heavy play of, up are the finer subtle details,,, down is the base and heavy,.,.,.,. carries over to archaic ideas of heaven being someplace up,,,, hell being below.,.,.,,.. totally human thought since we observed the body dissolve into the earth after death,, and elements returned,, imaging the ethereal spirit traveling through the airs,.,. i say in human ideas,, for in the universe i dont think there is an up and down,.,.,.at least im not sure,.,,.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Hey man,

his black wings to me represent the story of fallen angels,

You have a poet's heart.

Anyhow, since you mention it, a person that found it important to know might tell you that the wings on the Baphomet represent volatility in Alchemy, and I bet that was what Levi was trying to get across.

But what makes your post interesting is that it is the volatility in the spirit of man that connects him or her to the creative force that comes as a gift from God. It makes me think that we are like angels in that sense; moved by God to be creative and express his will and glory as we do.

Happy Sunday ImaFungi, always good to see your avy.

X.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Happy sunday to you as well!,, always good to see you around and your well crafted threads on well interesting topics... quantity and quality since your first.,.,,.

I was also going to say,..,. the star of david over what could be baphomets pineal.... to me represents mans ability to use his imagination.. 3rd eye,,, or pineal gland,..,., to comprehend the complexities of realities nature.,,.,. geometry, math,,color, physics, harmonies, ethics, law,.,,. it is this inner vision and understanding of the information and meaning and implication which make up this reality we inhabit,, that sets us apart from some of the more vicious beasts of nature.,.,. we value this informational aspect, and the potential of our highest functioning being, over eternal pillage and plight,..,,.

by mulling over inside our minds,, carving patterns of pathways in our brains,, we create order, meaning, structure, rule, reason, out of the raw elements of our nature ( perhaps turning grey matter, into something more precious then gold) ,, this i think represents that crisscrossed star,,, we do that inner work in our minds,,, and are able to view and experience ourselves as if we were the creator of the complex multi faceted reality we inhabit,.,.. doing this allows us to become creators of our complex multi faceted reality.,. once again,, we are the beast,, or we are the divine..
edit on 2-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

I am sincerely appreciative of your candid post. You have hinted at a lot. Would you be willing to fill in the blanks?

I have, on purpose, let the composite symbol, or Sphinx, that is Levi's Baphomet, go undeciphered, by myself (like I am qualified, or something), or by way of citation from Levi's writing.

Please; have at it.

X.

I can appreciate your respect for my candor however, knowing what this image represents, I personally don't believe in this junk. I believe it empowers a person to do what they do... albeit evil. I believe in Jesus and cannot, and will not let an image of any evil entity, abrogate my faith by breaking down the intricate parts and describing them, so that others may become interested in it's many esoteric components, by somehow relating to the descriptions. Some things are better left unknown. This would be "dabbling" and the bible specifically says...

Leviticus 19:31

"Don't dabble in the occult or traffic with mediums; you'll pollute your souls. I am God, your God. "

Yes, you don't personally know Levi or his intent, nor do I. Thus we can ascertain, that neither of us know his true intention, having made this image. It could be benign (despite the macabre introspection that it exudes), or it could be a symbol placed in plain sight, that will deliver a myriad of symbolic gestures that will surpass the human consciousness and indulge the primal position or reptilian part of our brains. Imagery surpasses the intellectual part of our brains, and can effectively epitaph a message or an idea, that can be attractively applied to the human experience and engrained into a person's consciousness, effectively compromising a person's morality and ethics.This would be a subversion of their will, by means of peer pressure or social association. In short, although a mere picture, it represents evil because it simply gives off the vibe. The occult symbolical inference, although dense in nature, naturally fails in the attempt to control the minds of people, as most have no clue what those meanings are anyway.

The symbology as you drive down an everyday street or watch a commercial...this seems to work though, as most sheeple are driven by the lust for material items, which may increase their stature and prestige...at least on an illusory level. Most fall for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Geez Phenomium,

Thank you very much for that.

I hope that everyone on this thread reads your very well written and cogent post.

Here is the deal.

After essentially telling everyone that there was nothing to worry about concerning the Baphomet image, I seem to have created a vacuum for some interesting, rather Satanic (i suppose) thought to enter in to this thread.

Having had noticed that, I sort of tried to work some of my own kind of gonzo Christian mysticism in to the mix hoping to counteract the presence and influence.

Anyway, so I was thinking of a post, much like yours, to support the people that had a reaction to the ad on ATS, Christian and otherwise. Because I do also recognize their sensitivity and I respect it.

Even though these folks may not be able to explain themselves as well as you have, they are experiencing what you have described and they are trying to warn others.

I suppose that I have created a bit of an ambush here, but what to do?. It seems the ''Diable" is out of the "cartable", so to speak.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is a couple of 'less' scary images of the same concept formula. Because when you get down to it, that's what it is, a formula.

Levi sure raised a ruckus with his billy goat.

reply to post by GreatOwl

Have you by chance read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot?

Great read!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

...or it could be a symbol placed in plain sight, that will deliver a myriad of symbolic gestures that will surpass the human consciousness and indulge the primal position or reptilian part of our brains. Imagery surpasses the intellectual part of our brains, and can effectively epitaph a message or an idea, that can be attractively applied to the human experience and engrained into a person's consciousness,

I think that you might find this to be edifying...

Anterior Cingulate Cortex

Amygdala

Thank you again for being here.

X.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the information about this image Xoanon, now maybe the members upset about it being on ATS can unclench their sphincter a little and relax hehe it's a shame individuals are so quick to threaten to jump ship about something they don't bother to research for themselves and it definitely puts the question their loyalty. thanks again Xoanon.

someone earlier posted that if something like this bothers them he wondered how they actually made it through their day haha and i definitely agree with that remark.

for you guy's freaking out about this image i'm not trying to offend you but relax it's only a graven image to anyone who worships satan and if anyone should be freaking out is them really.. making their god a symbol of commercial marketing hehe so don't worry God still has His thumb on him.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

...or it could be a symbol placed in plain sight, that will deliver a myriad of symbolic gestures that will surpass the human consciousness and indulge the primal position or reptilian part of our brains. Imagery surpasses the intellectual part of our brains, and can effectively epitaph a message or an idea, that can be attractively applied to the human experience and engrained into a person's consciousness,

I think that you might find this to be edifying...

Anterior Cingulate Cortex

Amygdala

Thank you again for being here.

X.

I'm sorry, but what I read on the sites you provided, only supported my claims. I'll have to be honest, I didn't fully comprehend your post back there, and am not entirely sure if you agree with me, or are in opposition to my possible indifference. The scientific wiki model provided, really has nothing to do with the consciousness/subconscious. Rather, it references the physical, almond shaped part of the human bio-machine that is frequently ignored, and for good reason. You might want to refer me to a page that references hypnotists or psychologists, as the aforementioned conversation invokes their particular vocational skills. The Amygdyla is a critical set of subcortical nuclei that deals with the emotional and affective behaviors of the limbic system, and does indeed, control the primal seat of the behavior in question, but I fail to see the need for you to educate me on it.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The Amygdyla is a critical set of subcortical nuclei that deals with the emotional and affective behaviors of the limbic system, and does indeed, control the primal seat of the behavior in question, but I fail to see the need for you to educate me on it.

I only meant to support your argument by linking to the Wiki posts on those regions of the brain. My only motivation was to entertain and maybe share something with you that would be new.

Yes, I agree with you, had been wanting to address the issue, and was grateful for your post which draws attention to the issue, as the subject is, in my opinion, a viable and interesting one.

Grouchy pants.

X.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Great thread Xoanon

You might find this article interesting if you haven't already read it.
Secret Arcana - Who is Baphomet?

There are some great pictures of past deities that Levi may well have based 'his' Baphomet on. (Alas, I can't use the pic uploads at the moment otherwise I would post them.)

First thing I think of when I see the Baphomet image is its symbolism alluding to Kundalini power.

In Levi’s depiction, Baphomet embodies the culmination of the alchemical process – the union of opposing forces to create Astral Light – the basis of magic and, ultimately, enlightenment ...
Baphomet is therefore symbolic of the alchemical Great Work where separate and opposing forces are united in perfect equilibrium to generate Astral Light.

So I for one will continue to see this image as merely a symbolic representation of this alchemy - and ultimately, spiritual enlightenment. It's a shame it's been hijacked by those that now use it for malevolent intent.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The Amygdyla is a critical set of subcortical nuclei that deals with the emotional and affective behaviors of the limbic system, and does indeed, control the primal seat of the behavior in question, but I fail to see the need for you to educate me on it.

I only meant to support your argument by linking to the Wiki posts on those regions of the brain. My only motivation was to entertain and maybe share something with you that would be new.

Yes, I agree with you, had been wanting to address the issue, and was grateful for your post which draws attention to the issue, as the subject is, in my opinion, a viable and interesting one.

Grouchy pants.

X.

Well, I thank you for your inquisitiveness to my disposition regarding my proclamation in relation to this forum retort, and for the entire discussion ....except for the "grouchy pants" thing.

I do have a grouch problem, I'll admit.

It is a psychological issue that an individual with a doctorate in psychology would make a lot of money from, yet would never be able to repair.

I have demons that visit me every night, literally,....unless I am inebriated... to the point of spiritual lethargy. I mean "real" demons too, not the figurative ones...they do irritate me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Grouchy pants.

X.

Well, I thank you for your inquisitiveness to my disposition regarding my proclamation in relation to this forum retort, and for the entire discussion ....except for the "grouchy pants" thing.

It is a psychological issue that an individual with a doctorate in psychology would make a lot of money from, yet would never be able to repair.

I have demons that visit me every night, literally,....unless I am inebriated... to the point of spiritual lethargy. I mean "real" demons too, not the figurative ones...they do irritate me.

I dont want to push any wrong buttons,,, but what if those demons do not exist but are results of your thoughts or imagination? Im just wondering? have you tried to control them? peacefully and confidently demand them to leve you alone,?, smirk and laugh in their general direction? if you are so offended by "satanic" imagery, i am assuming you are one with god and goodness,,, if you are one with god and goodness how can demons effect you in any negative way? tell them to bother someone else.... or occupy themselves.... they are that needy for attention they have to pick on your when your trying to get some rest, or whenever it is they try to play?

I say if you have an once of power, strength, dignity, or value in yourself,, stand up with confidence,,, and do away with them,..,
edit on 3-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

say your a man of god,,, but praise the lord of the bottle to cast away nightly demons...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

I will go back and read the entire page later.

But just scanning through, Miss Gaga is driving it home and most have no idea what to look at. I really respect that woman. They should teach symbolism in school. Oh wait, that would disrupt the Quid pro quo. In time, In time.

Your reply was to the point.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by Phenomium

Grouchy pants.

X.

I dont want to push any wrong buttons,,, but what if those demons do not exist but are results of your thoughts or imagination? Im just wondering? have you tried to control them? peacefully and confidently demand them to leve you alone,?, smirk and laugh in their general direction? if you are so offended by "satanic" imagery, i am assuming you are one with god and goodness,,, if you are one with god and goodness how can demons effect you in any negative way? tell them to bother someone else.... or occupy themselves.... they are that needy for attention they have to pick on your when your trying to get some rest, or whenever it is they try to play?

I say if you have an once of power, strength, dignity, or value in yourself,, stand up with confidence,,, and do away with them,..,

say your a man of god,,, but praise the lord of the bottle to cast away nightly demons...

I said I was a Christian, or rather a believer in Jesus. I will respond to your comment in a few moments, as I am going out o have a smoke. As a Christian, I try to set the best example I can, but am no example to follow if you really want to know Jesus. I can walk on water........but it has to be frozen. I never proclaimed to be perfect. As for the exploit you have chosen you try to break my knee caps with....It is nothing new, and I will respond when I return.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
I dont know if anyone mentioned this,,.,.

but to me,, the image,, represents mans place in the cosmos,,, as part beast ( animal ) and part divine ( maybe equalling intellect or intelligence,, since that is where our grace and finer qualities come from.. not that other animals do not possess these traits to degrees,, its just that man has come from animal beings, to wanting to reach for the light of knowledge of "the gods")

his black wings to me represent the story of fallen angels,.,.,. mankind was kicked out o the divine realm,, perhaps to teach a lesson.... god - " if you think you can do better on your own,,, go on then,, make your heaven"

I agree with you 100% on that. Despite good & evil its all one in the same.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join