It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, The RNC Was Clearly a SHAM, What's Next for Liberty?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As we all know by now, the RNC was a sham. The RNC has created new rules that have completely destroyed any chances of the grassroots level movements succeeding in the GOP in 2016 and beyond. The liberty movement is now stuck with some interesting choices.

Due to the blatant corruption displayed over the past year by the GOP, the liberty movement is in no way interested in voting for Romney regardless of how Newt Gingrich and the media try to spin it. This RNC was quite simply the icing on the cake.

Rand Paul has not totally earned the respect of the liberty movement due to his endorsement of Romney before his father was even out of the race. This has left a bad taste in the mouths of those who have supported Dr. Paul.

So what's next? There are three options being thrown around at the moment:

#1 Write in Ron Paul

#2 Vote in Gary Johnson

#3 Infiltrate the GOP while voting Gary Johnson 2012. (he's the only 3rd party candidate on the ballot in 50 states)

Personally, I think the entire liberty movement should push hard for a Johnson/Paul ticket. It may be hard to coax Paul into this since he seems pretty commited to infiltrating the GOP, however his supporters also have the ability to influence him.

From a Johnson/Paul ticket I could forsee a lot of new supporters. The libertarians and Paul supporters would join forces. Many on the left would switch to 3rd party and vote for this ticket. The GOP has already destroyed itself so the only REAL competition would be Obama. This would be the dream ticket IMO.

If you aren't familiar with Gary Johnson, take a look at this video:

Thoughts?
edit on 31-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There we go, finally got video to work. Sorry about the content delay there, my keyboard went nuts on me for some reason.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

RNC SHAM 2012!

Posted a thread. the vids (and the posts following it) shows how its all a sham!

some people are waking up to it more. the blowback from this is going to cause a rip in the republican party. some are saying this is going to cause a political civil war.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I saw that video, thanks for the thread! The RNC is exposed, clearly. What do you think is the next step in all this for the liberty movement? (My thoughts in the OP )

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have a feeling those who got seats (like me as a committeeman in my city for my ward/district) will keep them and try to influence them.... but ultimately I think this is leading a 3rd party revolt... if not this year then by 2016... I see a new party rising soon IMO...

if the rnc tightened their rules like this.... then... the options are to try and overturn/change them or build a new party with the disenfranchised republicans. I also see indy's and dems joining this party too. but thats my prediction.
edit on 8/31/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

A new party would be very interesting, not mention quite exciting. I do hope there are serious considerations for a 3rd party ticket or at least the libertarian ticket. The GOP deserves no more respect IMO, I think it's time to say goodbye to them. I understand the intent behind trying to rebuild it, but it seems too little too late IMO. Thanks for your thoughts!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Its already too late to rebuild them in my opinion. I think this is going to be done to appease the people who think you can change it. once they see that its not going to work then the support will build for a new party.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Sounds good to me, I just hope it doesn't take too long or else we won't have a country to stand up for anymore...Building a new party would take quite some time, I think we might as well utilize the libertarian ticket at this moment in time. (Of course, we all know "they" would pull the same dirty tricks until "they" no longer have the power to do so)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Conservative movement is never going to move forward or succeed because
the movement is dishonest to itself.

Conservative politicians regularly use government in the same manner as liberals.

The difference is that liberals don't claim to be against the practice of using government.

That is a very important dynamic that makes for a completely unrealistic ideology and
policy.

The sadder and more nefarious truth is that the GOP uses it's own failure as a way to
pave their future path.

The more the GOP wrecks the country, the more appealing their rhetoric sounds.
They can literally design the failure and campaign against the same failure they
design by calling it a "failure of government".

This is the truth, as true as it gets

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't think there is any chance of anyone other than Obama/Romney winning.

We can write in, or vote differently than the two, but will it make a difference? No. I wish it did, but it won't. Frankly, we are way, way, far out too gone to make any real change in the system we created, then allowed to run amuck.

The only real change we can make is to buy guns, ammo, invest our dollars into "real" currency(silver, gold, etc), learn to grow/raise food, become self sufficient. Live for ourselves, live without them controlling our lives.

I feel that we are being led into something...being a paul supporter myself, I wonder if we collectively are being led into some kind of forced political/social war amongst ourselves, using him, using that thought pattern. I have a feeling that, while we have grown as a country, and seemingly become smarter about how big government/politics/MSM works, perhaps that is a tool that "they" are using against us, or rather to shape a change they envision into some sort of new civil war.

It's obvious that the whole system is a sham to those who are enlightened enough to realize such, correct?

Is there not indeed the possibility that this sham as we see it is exactly what they want us to see? That it's building a social boiler to some great event?!

I know i'm rambling a bit, but I find it difficult to believe, in all their power, in all their tools, that they would allow this great new awakening, but rather would instill and force this great awakening. After all, I think some can agree that what is predetermined is predetermined, and votes count for nothing. With the ebb and flow of media control...I just don't see the last two-three years of this quick rise for freedom lovers, whatever you want to call it, a pure movement. It's been tainted by the powers that be. What does that mean? What comes of that?

Again, excuse my rant, continue on.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

You do bring up some good points. I have thought similar things myself. Afterall, is the GOP really this stupid? They had to have known their actions would piss off the liberty movement and divide their own party. I mean that is what they seemingly have been trying to do.

With that said, it's never a bad idea to prepare. In the mean time though, we can't simply give up and stop working with the very little resources we have left. I honestly believe there is only a tiny window left.

Good post, thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The solution is really really simple.

but it will never happen.

Vote third party, refuse to vote for the DEMS or the REPS.

Problem solved, but noooooo that will never happen, Americans buy into the MSM far to much.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by FrostForests

In the mean time though, we can't simply give up and stop working with the very little resources we have left. I honestly believe there is only a tiny window left.

Good post, thanks!

No, I certainly hope and know that we won't, nor can't stop working on enlightening the masses about what may well in fact be going on in reality, even if it is fantasy and kookiness as far as they see it. And even if we fail, we tried, and continue to try.

I just want to reiterate the point that this new movement, while seemingly true, right and just, one that I adhere to and respect as it bares to myself more sense and validity than any other, may well be a...another brick in the wall so to speak in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The Republican party just sealed there fate. They will lose money and lots of it. Whoever thought this would be a good idea is a little nuts.

They need to be reorganized from the ground up and if that does not work they need to go into the scrap heap of history. They are controlled at this point by money not by the people.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Cold and hard.
Succinctly put prez.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
The solution is really really simple.

but it will never happen.

Vote third party, refuse to vote for the DEMS or the REPS.

Problem solved, but noooooo that will never happen, Americans buy into the MSM far to much.

Amen to that. I don't think I could ever bring myself to vote republican ever again after this... And the democratic party is so far gone into social and cultural issues that it has left them so far out of touch from reality, I won't ever bring my self to vote dem either. (and on top of that, what they did to Ralph Nader)

It's nothing but 3rd party from here on out for me too.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

To be truthful, I'm all for infiltrating.

Ya have to change them from within.

Setting yourself up as a adversary just make you a target.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

A new party would be very interesting, not mention quite exciting. I do hope there are serious considerations for a 3rd party ticket or at least the libertarian ticket. The GOP deserves no more respect IMO, I think it's time to say goodbye to them. I understand the intent behind trying to rebuild it, but it seems too little too late IMO. Thanks for your thoughts!

I'd like to run with Americanists... Let me know, if you're up for throwing a party!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I wonder why all this is getting so much attention.
A person who does not belong in a specific party does not belong in a specific party.
If the politics of that party does not attract you, you vote for another party.

It's that easy.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Yeah, well I'd say pretty much all of the politicians currently in the Republican party don't belong there. None of them represent what the party should be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join