It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I dont know about that...lol I hate the fact of killing, but it is necessary and surprisingly easy

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
"Why did you stab your wife with a carving knife?" I felt a spoon would be ineffective your honor.

I've nearly finished writing my book about finding the perfect way to stab someone. All it needs is a surprise twist at the end.
edit on 31-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: How many knives does it take to change a lightbulb? C'mon, just take a stab in the dark.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have an image in my head of acmpnsfal sticking his fingers in his ears and sqeezing his eyes shut tight
and yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"!!!!!!

This is the equivelant of what he is doing.

acmpnsfal, your argement/s have beed completely and utterly BLOWN out of the water by everyone here.
Take this opportunity to gracefuuly bow out or.......even better, let go of your fear based ignorance and come over to our side. The water's warm. It's not so bad over here.

You can admit you're wrong, it's OK.
Just............let it out.
It flows right off the tongue.
Try it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In the United States.....even in each coastal gun controlled areas, if you are perforating a human being ,with a sharp object, repeatedly, you are committing felony assault with a deadly weapon,you have also become legally expendable.
You should be killed and very quickly.
Where ever you are from,where tasers actually stop people all the time it may be wrong I too believe in gun control I always qualified as an expert.
There is sanctity of human life, watch the lady die and you're next for being a witness.
Then there are the horrible monsters(like me) who can and will go for a headshot. Provided I have a clear shooting area so the bullet won't hit anyone else.In that case it would be a torso shot,but rest assured there would be a shot if the person perforating the lady didn't cease immediately.
This is normal thinking.
edit on 31-8-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: mispell

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Screwed

If someone is getting stabbed and the perp doesnt go for a major damage point you can assume he/she either isnt intending to kill or doesnt know what they are doing. Either way its not likely the victim will be killed. So you dont have to use lethal force.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Once again, astounding logic you are using there.
I really have no interest in picking it apart because at this point you are so obviously living in some sort of alternate reality/dimension that somehow criss crosses with our own enough to keep you locked in with us in physical form yet mentally you are somewhere else.

Again, I thank you for what I believe are actually honest answers. (after all, who could make this # up, right)
It takes alot of courage to do what you are doing.

Please, keep going.
Tell us more.

edit:

Can you all see what sort of logic and reasoning we're dealing with here?
This is how they think people.
You just have never seen it get THIS rediculous before because none of them ever have the courage to give direct answers to direct questions. Get one of them to do THAT and you get what we have here.
A fabulous insight into the mind of an antigunner.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Ive been reading this thread and this guy has got to be messing with us...i mean, there's just no way...right?
edit on 31-8-2012 by xGuitarPlayerx because: sp..

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
No these people actually really are that way,I know a few.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xGuitarPlayerx

RIGHT!
That's what I'm thinking too.
I've also noticed that no other anti-gunners are showing their face in this thread.
I wonder why that is.
I mean, they are ALL OVER threads that support their anti gun stance.
Yet, only this ONE lone _________ can be found. (i didn't want to be mean, fill it in yourself)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have actually heard and unnamed individual say he would rather die from a murderer than kill the murderer and survive with the guilt.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've been reading along as well. I have went through all 7 pages of this thread already.
A few facts I have gathered along the way....acmpnsfal is either trolling or completely ignorant and lacks knowledge on anything he/she is speaking of. That is just the fact of the matter! It is plain to see.
I will not directly respond to this person because it is a waste of time (7 pages of arguing up and down with him/her, trying to inject some logic into his/her life proves that)

Also....acmpnsfal is not in America (a quick glance at his/her profile and a few comments in other threads proves that) so maybe he/she isn't actually trolling but is just ignorant (ignorant is not stupid btw...it is lack of knowledge that I refer to here....there is a thin line between the two...he/she is sitting on that line, but I will reserve judgement as I don't know this person)
Given some of his/her comments I am also going to guess (not assume) that this person is very young...

I will say, however, I have got a lot of good laughs out of this thread tonight...and I guess that is why I bothered reading 7 full pages here....some of the responses are just hilarious (sad that they have to be though) and the comments made by acmpnsfal and whatever that other illogical person's name was......absolutely priceless! (in a sad way)

One direct comment to acmpnsfal.....given you said that IF an attacker was trying to kill a person they would try to hit an artery or go for an area where that would be the case....you do realize the guy was stabbing this woman IN THE FACE AND NECK!! Right? Yeah, probably not...I doubt you even read the article...just the headline....typical

And of course, those with knowledge of how easy it is to kill a human being gave you FACTS....you don't listen.
Those with knowledge of tasers gave you FACTS about their failures...you call them lies...

But hey, thanks for playing! You have been fun...and I mean that, very sincerely!

Enough about that...don't even know why I felt the need to say it...it is obvious..all the above. Just figured if I spent all this time reading all that I would say something about it

Oh, and this guy from the story....the HERO..............YES! More like him, less like the "trolls" or the "ignorant" (whichever they may be) in our world PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I would be more prone to thinking that this person (and the other one) was just trolling if someone I know on a personal level hadn't told me that EXACT same thing, nearly verbatim, one time during a conversation regarding taking the life of an attacker if necessary...
It blew my mind! I can definitely vouch for the fact that this mindset does exist in "the real world" though.

I just hope that I never become the victim and those are the only ones around to help me....though, that is what protecting ones self is all about......but you never know. Someone might just get the drop on any of us one day. The best we can do is minimize their chances of success. I plan to keep carrying to do just that!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

and to that I would have to say.....as harsh as it may be ( and I pride myself on being a very compassionate person) That person will get no sympathy from me if such a thing should occur.

It is not a right or wrong choice btw.
If you CHOOSE to let someone take your life because you don't want to take theirs, there isn't a thing in the world wrong with that. Buhhh bye.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are people who will kill you for looking at them wrong.
BOTH ends of the spectrum are INSANE!!!!!

Hopefully, most sane people fall somewhere in between.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Reply to post by JayFlores

Serving as a Marine makes you an expert on the human body? Lol. Okay. The human body is can be fragile, it does have weaknesses, but for the most part if you attack someone with something like a knife, you have to know what you are doing to kill quickly.

I think you have been playing too many video games and movies. Your ignorant about a great many thing, but in this instance your most apparent ignorance is of a little thing called reality. Nobody in this thread has to guess about what they are talking about, humans throughout history have always been violent and incredibly violent things have been documented millions upon millions of times. REAL things. You seem to be basing your opinions and perspectives on a movie you've seen or a video game you played.

It sounds like you have about zero life experience, are probably very young, and live an incredibly sheltered life. "Normal" people would never say that a person who is repeatedly stabbing someone else obviously isn't trying to kill them because if he really was he would use some special forces tactics. That's a completely ridiculous statement which is proven false not only by simple logic, but by real-world fact and history. That's only something that someone would say if they think life is a video game and are completely ignorant of the real world. "Normal" people would never say that when coming across someone stabbing someone else over and over again the appropriate thing to do is to simply talk with them and listen to their feelings.

Like the OP said, I commend you for actually taking part in this thread because most people like you are extremely cowardly and only get involved with threads that support their illogical viewpoints. At least you're able to walk into the dragon's den as it were and be honest about your views. That's assuming that you are being honest and serious, and not trolling, which I still don't know, but I do know there are many man people who believe this same kind of thing, so it's hard to tell either way.

I, like others in this thread, are not a bunch of hate filled guys who attack you to feel better about themselves and get joy out of being a jerk. I personally keep responding to you in hopes that you'll come to your senses and realize how your views are not only illogical, but also incredibly DANGEROUS. They are dangerous to you, and dangerous to your fellow citizens.

This fantasy you have about how this stuff works is just that, a fantasy. And if anything ever happens where you have to put your money where your mouth is, odds are it won't end well for you, or whoever else is in danger.

Not only that, but your views are dangerous to your fellow citizens because you (I'm assuming) can vote, and influence policy in your country. Considering what you've proposed over and over in this thread, you'll use your influence to help criminals and hurt victims. All in the name of a fallacy of a world-view.

If you lived in the USA honestly I'd view you as a huge threat to my personal safety for that reason alone. No, you aren't a criminal, you aren't going to stab me, shoot me, or steal from me. But other people might, and through your vote you could basically neuter my ability to defend myself, or after I do defend myself your vote could cause me to go to prison for exercising my "god" given right to defend my own life.

I can (and would) shoot someone who is posing an immediate threat to my life, or the life of someone around me. That makes that person a manageable threat. But I can't shoot some ignorant anti-gun nut who seeks to remove my ability to defend the lives of me and my family, or to punish me once I do so. The only way to attempt to manage the threat such people pose to society is to try my best to educate and enlighten them to the truth about the matter. Which is why I'm trying to get you to understand, because you are a threat to the safety of others, and the only way to remove that threat is to educate you.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Reply to post by James1982

Eh, to say someone is killing someone else you have to know that their intent is to kill, correct? Thats all im saying. You cannot look at someone who is being attacked and assume the attacker is trying to kill them.

Pretty much every single comment from you in this thread has been based on FAULTY LOGIC.

NO, you do NOT need to know his intent to say he is killing someone. If some little old lady who is half blind was driving around and hit a pedestrian, and then unknowingly continued to drag the person's body underneath her car, she is in fact in the process of killing that person. Her intent was simply to drive to the Bingo parlor. But by accident she initiated the process of killing another human being. Killing someone is a process, not a single act. It can be extremely slow or extremely quick, but it's still a process. The second you begin that process, by cutting someone, bashing their head in, crushing them, etc you begin killing them.

Intent means NOTHING and it not important or relevant to this discussion at ALL. Really use your mind here while reading this next sentence: This man was forcing a sharp object into the body of another human being over and over again, causing great damage to her body. His intent is irrelevant. If his intent was to make a unique piece of art by cutting on a live human being, but had no intent to kill her, and no ill will whatsoever, that doesn't matter. ACTIONS are what's important, NOT intent.

The second your actions begin to cause immediate and severe damage to another person's body, that is the very second that you forfeit your own right to life, and everyone around you has the responsibility to take you down in ANY way possible, and the smart people will chose to do this in the quickest, most efficient way possible.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The second your actions begin to cause immediate and severe damage to another person's body, that is the very second that you forfeit your own right to life, and everyone around you has the responsibility to take you down in ANY way possible, and the smart people will chose to do this in the quickest, most efficient way possible.

so if you shoot the attacker then everybody else has a right to shoot you to? I think intent is important in certain scenario's, otherwise you would end up with chain shootings.

how would a passer by know you didn't shoot the bloodied stab victim to? until it was to late because they reacted to what they saw using lethal force, only to find out after the fact they misread the situation.

I am not against guns, just against shoot first ask questions later type of mentality, if it is possible to use none lethal ways to stop an attack they should always be used first.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

He *may* have become violent but he did not. She did not try anything else you and your wife just drew your guns like some vigilanties in the wild west.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

-_- I said it sounds like some sort of head trauma.....the brain, which houses the central nervous system, is in the head.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How can you seriously say all that and still think someone who doesnt know what they are doing could kill quickly. You learned about the weak points of the human body after being trained to fight.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by Screwed

My arguement is full proof actually you people are too stuck on fictional narratives to comprehend what im saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

*sigh* Most people who attack someone do it just to harm them not to kill. That is a fact. And again, there are other non lethal methods that can be used to stop someone other than talking. Lol. But have fun tearing apart an arguement I did not make.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If a blind person was driving a car and they accidentially killed someone, the process by which the person died would be called killing. However if the person survived do you think the court would charge the blind person with attempted murder? No. Intent is everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join