It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men, Who Needs Them?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SleepyOwl

Me? I can't honestly imagine thinking that being a good housewife and mother is not a lofty goal... but that is me. Not everyone is the same.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 2-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

hahaha... only if you go make me a sandwich woman!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I agree. To each their own.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Coffee only or do you forget my position WOMAN... ATS Coffee and Caffeinated Beverages Czar...

Says NOTHING about Sammiches....
edit on 212014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

hahaha

and I also see that mama is still wearing that darn queen crown even after I MARRIED the Regent!

:sigh:

We so should maybe do that again someday... it was fun!

ETA. If we do, I vote for the one who lets us all keep our titles!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by vkey08

hahaha

and I also see that mama is still wearing that darn queen crown even after I MARRIED the Regent!

:sigh:

We so should maybe do that again someday... it was fun!

ETA. If we do, I vote for the one who lets us all keep our titles!

I second that
we need to be able to keep our titles... hell ATS should make specal monikers for them like the mods have.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

ohhh... too cool.... permanent monikers! I'm there!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

whitewave
sorry, double post. I think my computer is testosterone-operated. I need a guy to come fix it.

edit on 2-1-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

I can affix a baleful glare onto your computer and scare it into submission.... well, it works on MINE, anyhow!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Thank you for not stealing my wife - they're hard to come by these days, and the less expensive models are a real joy to operate!

I just got home from work - 'scuse me for a bit whilst I go make her a sammitch!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by vkey08

Thank you for not stealing my wife

Don't worry, your job is safe... your my sex god!

I just got home from work - 'scuse me for a bit whilst I go make her a sammitch!

Thank you so very much... yum!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Has a sudden urge to hunt something down, kill it, skin it and drag it home...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Protip: Don't skin it until AFTER you drag it home... keeps the little woman from complaining about all the grit dragged into the wildebeest meat. Apparently, that makes it hard to cook, and harder to chew...

It's ok to make guttural, grunting noises while cleaning it, too. They kinda expect that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Has a sudden urge to hunt something down, kill it, skin it and drag it home...

If you have no one willing to process that then instead of dragging it home just drag it this way... for half the meat I will process it...

AND make you a SAMMICH!!!

this will free up my husbands time for more of that sex god stuff!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's a hard life, this being a "kept man".

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Quit it you two

You're making the topic of this thread look bad.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Whitewave,

Aww, OT, you know I jest. Articles like the one posted in the OP are so obviously designed for propaganda that one can't possibly be expected to take them seriously.

yes Whitewave I knew that you were in jest when you stated about SHTF. And agree that this kind of stuff is propaganda.

The problem I have with it is exactly that ..it is propaganda and very believeable to people with primarily a television and movie education. The sad thing I detect about so many of them male and female today is that they are also "Voters."

And this kind of nonsense shows up obviously by the last two elections.

Some are only now figuring out that the product is not as advertised. So too will it be with this template that they are attempting to sell the public.

I see this kind of thing being eventually taught in public schools and colleges ...if not already.

They are teaching this line of thougth by silent default in so many television programs where the males are made to look bumbling and incompetant...and the only male of any potential is the one who is very feminine...or a geek.

I think this pattern of propaganda is deliberate and not accidental.

It is becoming the same in movies today. They are either to violent or very feminine..in the males.
No balance in them.

I ve only recently become aware of some of the stories behind the scenes about what kind of movies or scripts in Hollywood get promoted and what do not.

I've often thought that there should be some competition for Hollywood...movies made elsewhere so as to break this monopoly.
But if what I think is the true status of this as a social change agent...is true, the government would have a hand in shutting them down.

I on the otherhand..do not think it is genetic per se..I think it is spiritual.

My self-worth isn't determined by what men (or women for that matter) think of me.

Agree here with you Whitewave.

Also agree that nature abhors a vacuum...but by the time they get done working on this fruit unto corruption and chaos..it may be to late.

I do not see most of the females stepping up to the plate here...particularly in the high RISK jobs needed to keep the economic and social structure going. I do not see them desiring to make themselves take that much RISK and to become expendable and disposable...for others.

I don't know about being in charge Whitewave. It is not peaceful to me. It is high stress.

However I also do not want someone else making to many decisions for me that I should be able to do for myself...particularly when I know I have taken first place RISKS in earning the monies. Yes..sometimes this means being in charge or at least letting others know I have no interest in going there.
Many women I have met do not like this because they believe deep down that they should be able to make certain decisions without taking into consideration the RISKS involved (by Default)...only the needs..and many of them artifically generated...television and movies. They think this is normal. It is not.

Agree...males will always be needed...and not just for procreation. I think someone out here has spent to much monies and time on sex and sexuality. Not the other areas of importance.

There is a gender war going on out here and I believe it is being carried out by the same people or groups who are carrying on a race war...racial division..not unity. Same people who are carrying on a sexual war against the sexes too. Sexual division.
And I believe the same people or groups are being controlled by a common bunch of controllers/masters..because they seem to all have a similar operating template. "The Science of Victimization." All of them working on division and not unity.

And this piece is propaganda for continuing this division.

It may be toward the end of the current Y vs. X trend when there will be a 7:1 ratio of women to men and the women realize just what desperate straits they are in.

Yup..but as I stated ..by then it may be to late for them.

But in the meantime...there's those orange housewives!!
More propaganda.

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 3-1-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Netties Hermit
Quit it you two

You're making the topic of this thread look bad.

I'm sorry.

I apologize all over myself.

Hey! D'you want a sammich?

Please don't ask for anything more complex. I can cook - after a fashion - but OB gets all weird about the open flame in the living room. I think it was me piling up a circle of rocks in the middle of the floor that tipped her off - but you've GOT to have a windbreak, to keep the wind from blowing sparks all over the place, right? Besides, if you pick the RIGHT rocks, they hold the rusty wire rack at just the right height over the flames such that actual cooking occurs! It wasn't until I started striking the steel against the flint to catch the tinder alight that she actually stopped me...

Cooking over an acetylene torch just doesn't have the same panache...

BUT -

Bearing on the OP...

I kill spiders. Dead and quick. And centipedes. it's like an automatic response or something. I see movement out of the corner of my eye, and that's all she wrote for THAT hapless critter!

I can reach the top shelf.

I'm a whiz at opening recalcitrant jars - I have a grip that can crush coconuts. Jar lids don't have a prayer.

I can make the bed. No, I mean LITERALLY - from lumber up.

I never leave the toilet seat up.

I can open stuck windows... usually without putting a crowbar or rock to use.

Useless? Pshaw!

Just how useful do y'all think we need to be?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

Dragging him by the... COLLAR?

That woman is just too good to that fella!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Whattdya mean men are becoming a thing of the past ?!

Who the hell is going to take out the garbage and mow the lawn if that happens ?!!

... or worse yet...

Who's going to fetch me my beer ??

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join