It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

same subject,10 different threads!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ok,this is getting a bit silly! i'm seeing more and more of this happening lately.
a new story gets posted,people reply,and some times the discussion goes on for a bit.
some times serious, other times amusing(some times down right funny!
),and other times heated.
this is all good,its the nature of the beast on ats.
but lately,the same subject will be posted several times by different members,at different times of the day!
whats up with that? maybe ya don't want to use the search function (lazy?!)
but man alive! at least check out the new topics before posting!!!! most of these posts are just a small news statement (copy and paste!!!) and no commentary! and i've found that the newer the post (on the same subject) the less info is given!!! look at the latest big foot threads posted lately!
or the ice age flower made to bloom,wasn't that posted way back in may,or june?!!!! not exactly breaking news!
for newer members,remember the folks here on ats are pretty sharp,and most have other news medias we pour over instead of relying on just the msm!!! if you think you have 'breaking news',the odds are that more than a few members of ats have already discovered it!!!
the new your shooting for example - it was posted here first that a 9 people that were wounded were in fact shot by the cops! that info was on here before it was 'officially' told to the press!
we knew about the melting arctic ice,melting ice in greenland,the norway spiral,etc....
please do us all a favor and do a quick search on what you would like to post.if you dont see it,post away then!

if you do see it posted already,just add your 2 cents to the thread. its that easy!
peace

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I would not even attempt to count the number of times that I have seen a thread exactly like this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well I don't understand the staff..

They allow 30 earthquake threads, 150 Holmes Batman threads, 35 Olypics threads etc etc...

But I post a real GEM that was posted ONCE before, and went unnoticed, it gets closed for being repetative...

The TnCs are designed in such a way, they can do what they like, when they like..

Good job I only come here for banter aha.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I feel your pain OP.

This is just one of those things that are inevitable. I posted a rant about this a few months ago, we even came up with a few workable solutions.

But nothing has changed, and I don't think it will.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Well I don't understand the staff..

They allow 30 earthquake threads, 150 Holmes Batman threads, 35 Olypics threads etc etc...

But I post a real GEM that was posted ONCE before, and went unnoticed, it gets closed for being repetative...

The TnCs are designed in such a way, they can do what they like, when they like..

Good job I only come here for banter aha.

Same subjects but different content. Many people post recycled content which there is no need for. I like people who re-visit threads and put their own twist on it with new information and bring somethign new to the table. I understand there are some gems out there which we're posted back in ealry 2000's which more people need to take notice of, but nobody is stopping you from bringing that information here, again.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

ya,i agree! ( i do follow your posts by the way!
)
i think that the demographic here lately,is pretty young,and a lot of these people just post for their 15 min. of fame!!!

a little while ago i went on one of my rants about stupid,one line replies (swam gas,pics or it didn't happen...)
and another member told me school will be back in soon,so those replies wont happen that often.
well, lets hope so!
by the way,i enjoyed your story about your ufo sighting out your window while having a smoke!!!
i enjoy your writing style!

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

yes,i agree with you. there are many older posts that should be re-visited,perhaps with new info.
a lot of posts dont get a lot of interest so they get swept away rather quickly!
but a story that is only 8 hours old is posted to death with no new info at all!
its all just copy and paste stuff! why not just add to the existing thread!
i just posted on one of the 'older' (?) bigfoot threads,and i thought i made a few valid points!
now that thread has been removed to the 'archives' while the newer ones remain!
the newer ones have actually less info on them!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I appreciate your comment, but I concur, the staff have stopped me, from posting stuff from 03/06/08

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

ya ya ya,cute! using my own thread against me!
i know this topic has been covered before,but i keeps happening!!!
the mods don't do anything. maybe if enough members complain,results will follow!
having said that,i can see the mods 'removing' this thread just for example's sake!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Sorry for this one liner, but that's appreciated
thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Its normal for people to assume and want to be the "First" one to post the news, but not everyone will win.

What can you do to help the issue?

if all the threads are still in there early pages 1-2, try to link the original(first, accrding to time stamp) thread posted on other copy thread, so it would be re-directed. An exception would be if a copy thread has higher page and discussion, then it would be better to continue on that, even tho it would not be fair for the original thread.

Also authors of the copy thread can put a link to the main thread on their OP.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Some threads are similar but have a different focus. I posted one about the incoming hurricane that discussed a possible miasma washing ashore with the hurricane a'coming. Someone posted one about the sinkhole and the hurricane.

Same basic thrust, but a different direction.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Problem is....It's more fun discussing topics live rather than reading through a billion old pages. As what usually happens is vital new information changes many of the main points of discussion, by which time the thread has gone cold.Give me duplicates any day. peace homes

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Originally posted by watchitburn

I posted a rant about this a few months ago, we even came up with a few workable solutions.

But nothing has changed, and I don't think it will.
I don't know what those possible solutions were, but this one just came to me so I felt like sharing it.

[color=B8E7FF]There should be a separate Forum specifically for revisiting/updating older topics with new information. Could even keep those threads off of the 'New Topics' Lists.

That wouldn't exactly solve the main problem, which is often some sort of 'Breaking News' that gets posted 20 times in one day, but that could still be useful for other topics.

edit on 8/28/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by reficul

I would not even attempt to count the number of times that I have seen a thread exactly like this one.

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Haha!I'm 30, and I still say "poidh". Just don't use it as a catch-phrase.

new topics

top topics

join