It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds vanish in 'Bermuda Triangle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A heads up for those living in the UK, it appears we may have our own triangle mystery.

Pidgeon fanciers are all in a flutter over a number of birds being released, but instead of homing, they are getting lost, or dissappearing !

Fanciers say they are experiencing "disastrous" and unprecedented losses in an area between North Yorkshire and Country Durham

Although small, the numbers are significant, and the article goes on to say those of us in the UK keep your eyes peeled, if you come across a pidgeon who is tagged there is a website.

www.homingpigeons.co.uk.

Probably no great mystery here, but something has got the pidgeons owners in a flap

Link to Article

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Hmmm...........and right in amongst crop circle territory too, I wonder if there is a connection?

Durham Area...

A Durham Police spokeswoman said a number of calls came in around 9.45pm from concerned members of public who had seen a "bright light or a fire in the sky"

Yorkshire area...
Yorkshire crop circles

Very interesting - I think I'll keep my eye on this one.
S&F for the heads up mate - Cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Could it not be a more simple explanation? People with air rifles, natural predators, fast moving vehicles? An uncanny combination of many much more likely factors?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
Could it not be a more simple explanation? People with air rifles, natural predators, fast moving vehicles? An uncanny combination of many much more likely factors?

I think you're reaching there...

Homing pigeons have been used for a long time, and are considered extremely reliable. If there is enough of an uptick in missing pigeons for people to make a stink about it, I'd listen.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
hi all,

they will prob find out it was Fylingdales turning up there power.

does seem odd that the `lost pidgeons` area is around that region.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

yeah i'm thinking they all ran into weather balloons while avoiding the swamp gas clouds.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
From the article:

Mr Simpson added that it was impossible to say why flocks were going AWOL, but it could be down to freak weather patterns in the area or a mystery illness.

I will always pursue a more 'realistic' line of reasoning before jumping on the fantasy bandwagon.

'Bermuda triangle' ha, come on guys. Is it a homing pigeon specific one!?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I live in the Durham area and I every now and again I see what others would call "strange lights" and I've been saying for months that theirs been some weird bird behaviour. Glad others are noticing it now

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey,you know what is close that flight path,don't you?

Menwith Hill.

Take a gander...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wasn't there a pigeon that recently ended up I Canada from the UK that they never found how it got there

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I didnt intend commenting in this thread I had another one open and thought I was responding to that thread, sorry

Anyway birds are awesome animals though weird they're dissapearing over there.

There ya go atleast I added a bit to the topic
edit on 25-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

I think its unlikey, given that they have made an article on it.

Pidgeon fancying is a way of life for some people (they love it up North), I have never heard of this before, which is why I thought it would be interesting to share.

Of course this isn't to say your point isn't valid, you may well be right.

For now anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Ooops, I should have read your reply before responding to the one above lol.

But yeah, you're right, it is unlikely, allowise the article would have come from one of preservation, rather than mystery.

But like I said to the poster above you, anything is possible at this stage, I live down South, and there has been a lot about seagulls being shot and killed because they are too noisy.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Hey,you know what is close that flight path,don't you?

Menwith Hill.

Take a gander...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Wonder if they have "birdnapped" them, and are training them to be soldier pidgeons, or spies ?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112
I didnt intend commenting in this thread I had another one open and thought I was responding to that thread, sorry

Anyway birds are awesome animals though weird they're dissapearing over there.

There ya go atleast I added a bit to the topic
edit on 25-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

Your contribution is both noted, and valid, I like birds too, although not quite so much when they poop on me (I know its meant to be lucky, but so far I have gained no reward).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread, I have been quite busy with house guests.

Should have put this in first, but was just too damn eager to reply to you all

One thing to add, about a week and a half ago, I had a pidgeon turn up outside my front door, I live in a low rise block of flats, and spent most of my day petrified to go out, I was a little worried,as there wasn't much rrom for maneuver, that the pidgeon amy become more distressed, and disorientated.

It took hours for the RSPCA to arrive, but thankfully they got the little guy out, and the woman agreed it would be difficult to move him without a net.

I felt so bad for him, hespent hours just smacking the window with his beak, for some reason he wouldn't just fly up and outthe way he came, the RSPCA woman said it was something to do with their keen eyesight.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Wonder if it has any connection to all the birds falling out of the sky.. Some kind of electromagnetic disturbance or something.. I reckon that's what the sky noise are too. There still going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I don't know why but i can imagine there is someone out there right now on their 20 acre estate thinking "what an unusual story, i was just out the other day shooting pigeons"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

I don't know why but i can imagine there is someone out there right now on their 20 acre estate thinking "what an unusual story, i was just out the other day shooting pigeons"

I think you'll find for the most ppart they are clay pidgeon shooting....no pidgeons allowed.

top topics

join