It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more important in your eyes, "honesty" (Truth) or "compassion" (Love)?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
for me personally.. Truth can be subjective, and depends on where you see things.

How you see thing is just your perspective - your belief.

The thing that you're seeing is actual reality. If it weren't there you wouldn't see it, so how you see it is different from the actual reality.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I may not have worded it properly, but thats what I am trying to say.. We all can be guilty of "knowing".. then finding out later in life, or maybe even immediately, that we need to work out the version of truth we have bought into.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
People shouldnt wear a mask, they should be honest. People also should be respectful of eachother and show tact in the situations its needed.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If all of your actions came from a place of love then there would be no need for dishonesty, thus restoring the Truth. I patiently await this day but fear it will never come.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
People lie to avoid hurting others and this is accepted as 'normal'.
Hmmmm
New question:
Would you want to live in a world where you could not trust anyone?
Did they mean that or were they just trying to avoid hurting my feelings?
Hmmm.
Who would want to live in a world of liars? Even if they were loving liars?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well there would be no more betrayal, and people would be more free, but I'm sure if two people are honest there will eventually be conflict, which already happens with or without honesty.

I don't believe that to be true. I think people would end up with the correct partners or none for instance. As it is, you meet someone they pretend to be all you ever wanted in a mate, but it turns out they are not who you believed.

No one could abuse or molest or a politician be elected because he spouts things he does not even believe or back.

A simple question would get a true answer...wow would that save court costs!

As I have pictured it, total honesty alone would fix the whole of society and also protect the whole planet.

I doubt we would be using many or the products we have come to consume if we had the total truths about how they are produced and what they know they are doing to us also.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
for me personally.. Truth can be subjective, and depends on where you see things.

Thinking you know the Truth can be destructive to your life, living a life full of love and lead by love is not.

Think of all the "love" like people who marry murders, inmates. Sick love like molesters. Love like i had for my X 22 years wasted on a man who had uncountable women on the side...so many "loves" that are destructive yet the feeling is there.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Truth is much better. Without it, wouldn't all of the love just be fake? At least in a world of truth, you would be able to hang out with people who like you for who you are, and hell might even be able to find TRUE love.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
People lie to avoid hurting others and this is accepted as 'normal'.

People also lie to conceal their misdeeds and avoid punishment or other repercussions, some because they are mentally ill and can't seem to control themselves. There certainly isn't just one reason people lie.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I prefer both. I get your point though.
I am brutally honest with my opinions. I don't do that thing where I really wish I could just say this or that, I just say it and it tends to shock. Nobody expects the truth. They really cant handle it.
My kids keep telling me I must stop speaking my mind.
So I come across as not being very nice or very intimidating sometimes. That's the downfall of being too honest, but only because it's so unusual.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There can be no honesty (truth) without compassion (love), the same as there can be no compassion (love) without honesty (truth).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
If all of your actions came from a place of love then there would be no need for dishonesty, thus restoring the Truth. I patiently await this day but fear it will never come.

Actually dishonesty comes from fear.

You FEAR embarrassment of your mistakes so you tell lies...
You FEAR rejection so you tell lies...
You FEAR hurting another's feelings so you tell lies.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I don't believe that to be true.

Think about it. Even if people are not being mislead, deceived, or betrayed, they will still have to deal with conflict because what happens when a racist admits to being a racist and another people admits to being an anti-racist? Arguments will happen and maybe even physical conflict. (This is just an example).

So maybe conflict will happen either way, but at least with honesty it will cut down all of the conflict from misunderstanding and it will lessen conflict because there is a greater chance of understanding from both sides..

Originally posted by Jepic
There can be no honesty (truth) without compassion (love)

Is that true? If the cold reality is that sometimes there is injustice in the world - that is in-compassionate but that doesn't make it not true.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by arpgme

Dear arpgme,

It is such a non-question. Which is more important, living without water or living without air? That is your question. Would you rather live in a world of lies or a world with no love? The Nazis played that game, they would ask mother which of their children should be killed, neither is the answer. Both is also the answer. When presented with two equally distasteful answers, the answer is that I will not pick, you pick.

Yes this is the correct answer. Honesty without Love is just being mean, and rude, and expanding your ego everywhere.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Is water 'mean', 'evil', or 'cruel' because it will wet people who do not wish to be wet? It is not the water's fault, it is the person's fault for being in it knowing full well that they did not want to be wet at that moment.

Calling it "mean" is not an excuse to suppress people's individualities as humans. I'm not saying be intentionally disrespectful, but just speak your truth and if you can do it in a normal way, no need for false-kindness or unfriendliness but just a normal way.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Your soul knows the answers but better without the layers of programs albeit.

And water is a true neutral. ie. we are in a duality school, where we are constantly challenged, and the true negative states, in the school is only AI. such as water being a drag sometimes, or nightfall, or sickness, etc.but all souls are Light and have choices to make.

Without Love and Compassion, your limiting the size of the next world, for selfishness and selflessness have different temporal destinations so to speak.

Groundhog Day original trailer - 1993

Of course I refuse to code that there may not be a forgiveness and healing day for all, because is what I believe in, however living with integrity and compassion, and honesty, and striving to use our talents and striving for happiness for self, family and all others, is important, and its something that won't let anyone down.

edit on 26-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The example given about not wanting to play nice and fair with homosexuals for example, reminds me of this.

A mother with a 3 year old who really doesnt want to share, and likes to blurt out awful things to others and say, its the truth, its what I WANT, its what I FEEL, Me, Me, Me, and a mother who is guiding her child into growing up and being considerate of others.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by arpgme

Without Love and Compassion, your limiting the size of the next world, for selfishness and selflessness have different temporal destinations so to speak.

I'm not saying to not have love and compassion, I guess I am saying do not let that scare you from telling the truth.

Sometimes people do not say certain things because they care about another's feelings, but I think telling people the truth will help them in the long run than telling lies. A beautiful lie can only last but so long...

Originally posted by Unity_99
A mother with a 3 year old who really doesnt want to share, and likes to blurt out awful things to others and say, its the truth, its what I WANT, its what I FEEL, Me, Me, Me, and a mother who is guiding her child into growing up and being considerate of others.

By insulting others and saying awful things, you are helping them to grow stronger and to realize that the most important judgment is SELF judgment rather than what others think of you. Now, am I saying that we should just TRY to be rude and nasty to people? No, but we should be honest. Like I said before, be honest and be gentle so that you can get the message across.

"Me", "Me", "Me"; being self-sustained and abundant is very important, without a strong foundation a table can not stand.

How can the moon shine through the night if it doesn't absorb sun's light?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Hypothetically,

I'm in a relationship where there is no trust. Truth is not had.

Does love and and or compassion follow? It can't. It doesn't follow.

Only if I am blinded to the facts can love follow or stay intact.

Just my observation.

wow...just wow on that one!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join