It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia: Is it time for NW successionism? A call to Arms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Last time I posted something like this it got moved to rants. So I'm wondering how many of you live in the NW and support successionism either through Cascadia or the NW Front (which are aryan supremacists unfortunately). With Texas getting all riled up should the Americans and Canadians in the Western Territories think about breaking away from this dead corpse we're shackled too? Let me hear your views first because when I explosed my views it got moved to rants. BTW I am not agreeing with setting up an aryan racial movement which is why I agree with Cascadia's views more than the NW Front. I am not a rascist as I care about EVERYBDOY that lives in my state/region more than the rest of the country. And remember : The rest of the country's leaders could give a Sh*t less than us; when was the last time you heard of anybody running for a candicacy stopping by here other than to fish?

Also, Any Western Canadians especially Vancouver and Victorians are welcome to post their views about "merging" into a single state.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As a lifetime resident of Washington State I would fight this tooth and claw. There is no way in hell Washington will secede from the Union. I think you are living in a dream world if you take this at all seriously.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lived in WA my whole life and would not support this in any way. Neither would anyone else around here save for the crazies. No thanks. This talk of secession is silly to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

I've always loved the idea of the Republic of Cascadia and, while I would never revolt for it, I would definitely campaign and vote for it. And who the heck are all these white supremacists you are talking about? The pacific northwest is pretty darned liberal and I don't really know of any pockets known for racism. Are you thinking of Idaho?

Anyway, here's a few links to RoC - Republic of Cascadia 1 - Active RoC Site - RoC Wiki

Anyway, we have a great tech industry, great forestry, great fishing industry, etc. We have the means to run independently. Even Thomas Jefferson and John Adams originally called this area "The Empire of Astoria" and was considered sovereign.

I'm all for decentralization of the US. We would work much better as an EU-style continent like it was originally intended to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by Domo1

What is it you get from the state that makes succession silly?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I live in Vancouver and have heard the idea floated around.
But being Canadian, recently at least has become more apparent than before when we were sort of just BC.

The US and Canada (the people who run them) would quell that quickly.
Less money for them if we became independent.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Lived in WA my whole life and would not support this in any way. Neither would anyone else around here save for the crazies. No thanks. This talk of secession is silly to me.

tell that to the Conch Republic, they did it in 1982 and enjoy dual citizenship to this day.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
As a resident of the northwest I'd say you're putting the horse before the cart slightly. The northwest is in no way capable of surviving independently. SO just doing some fact checking Washington State has some refineries but we'd still have to get the physical oil from somewhere and beyond that I'm not really sure but I think most of the pacific northwest gets more money from the feds than they actually pay in so it would be a net loss in a big way for the local economies.

The only really major card that they would have to play is the ports and even then the port of portland and Seattle could probably be shut down to all shipping outside the PNW and California could probably handle the extra volume indefinitely.

From a strategic perspective I see very little to gain and much more to lose from this proposition.

Not to mention I just don't think the people in power right now would allow something like that to happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
As a resident of the northwest I'd say you're putting the horse before the cart slightly. The northwest is in no way capable of surviving independently. SO just doing some fact checking Washington State has some refineries but we'd still have to get the physical oil from somewhere and beyond that I'm not really sure but I think most of the pacific northwest gets more money from the feds than they actually pay in so it would be a net loss in a big way for the local economies.

The only really major card that they would have to play is the ports and even then the port of portland and Seattle could probably be shut down to all shipping outside the PNW and California could probably handle the extra volume indefinitely.

From a strategic perspective I see very little to gain and much more to lose from this proposition.

Not to mention I just don't think the people in power right now would allow something like that to happen.

Washington actually generates money for the feds and Oregon barely spends any. They actually just about break even when combined. The combined industries are much more than you are giving credit for.

You say "what will you do without oil?" and I say "what will the rest of you do without Microsoft and all of the other tech unique to our area".

Besides, nobody will need oil 10 years from now. I'll bet money on that.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am a nartive North Dakotan, recently having had to return here because there is employment. I spent the previous thirteen years in Oregon. I love the northwest. This is a tongue in cheek post. Perhaps North Dakota could be included as we have lots of oil. If not, you may have to invade us at a later date to steal our resources. Or...............we could trade oil for trees.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If the NW seceded and BC joined, I'd move there in a heartbeat. A fresh chance to draft a new Constitution and restore rights combined with jaw-dropping scenery and good people.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As a lifelong resident of Oregon I'd support this!

Many people I've talked to also like the idea, although we really talk about it in more of a joking manner, so something seriously to be done.

Even though they are separated by a country's border, Americans and Canadians in the PNW are much more alike, than say, PNW Americans are compared to east coasters and midwest folks. Not really saying there is anything wrong with east coasters or midwestern folks, but regardless of country people in this area just have more in common with one another than we do with other Americans.

For the Canadians joining in, you wouldn't be "joining America" and for the Americans you wouldn't be "joining Canada" Both would just renounce their national ties and form a new country, which is neither CA or US

Doubt it would ever happen, and don't really know if it would be good/bad for the area's residents. Arguments could be made for both sides. I just know a lot of people in the PNW hate having people way over in DC deciding rules and regulations for them. It's kind of like a new version of the 13 colonies not liking how those way over in Britain were controlling their lives. We don't like those way over in DC controlling our lives either.

I suggest "NWU" for "Northwest Union" instead of the previously mentioned names in order to distance from those silly nazi groups. Although I really, really, love the way "Cascadia" sounds. The I could go around telling people I'm a Cascadian, heh.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Domo1

tell that to the Conch Republic, they did it in 1982 and enjoy dual citizenship to this day.

That was done tongue in cheek and treated as such. These people I assume are serious and not just looking at way to promote toursim.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

I suggest "NWU" for "Northwest Union" instead of the previously mentioned names in order to distance from those silly nazi groups. Although I really, really, love the way "Cascadia" sounds. The I could go around telling people I'm a Cascadian, heh.

Don't worry, we can keep Republic of Cascadia. The white supremecists are a different group that doesn't include Canada and instead grabs Idaho or something. These guys here.

Those guys aren't the same old-school movement that Republic of Cascadia is.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The Northwest Front is the white supremacist successionist movement, but Cascadia is actually a fairly independent mix of liberals and conservatives, just we don't have the militia that the white supremacists have.
That's why I'm all for Cascadia but I believe we would need to establish some kind of hardline militia/home guard. As for the oil if you read up on Cascadia, Southern Alaska would be joining in, thus we would be getting part of Alaska's resources which does include a TON of oil especially if we convince a little more that just Southern Alaska join.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The bottom line here is that if a group seriously tried to do this they would have a fight on their hands, a physical one. You would have to quell a lot of opposition that exists right here in the NW to such an idea. There would be armed opposition. So if you think you can pull this off you;d better have a well-armed army to do it.

new topics

top topics

join