It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top College Basketball Recruit Collapses In Court After 3 Year Sentence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So Tony Farmer was a highly recruited six-foot-seven 220 pound Ohio basketball stud. He kidnapped his girlfriend and received three years after pleading guilty to kidnapping, felonious assault, and other crimes.

Three years was the absolute minimum sentence, being found guilty of all offenses, to be served concurrently in federal prison.

In my opinion it is better he learns his lesson early in life rather than later. If he wasn't sent away I'm sure he would have gotten himself into trouble in college and the NBA if he made it that far. So this way, he will have a lot of time to himself to think about how he hurt other people and himself, and possibly his entire future.

edit on 22-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson...

In addition, his time in the slammer should smoothly as long as he shows the boys in Cell Block D how to play a 2-3 zone...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Just my take on this. I didn't see any remorse all I seen was a guy in shock that they actually found him guilty.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The amazing part is that he and his family were suprised. You pled guilty, they have the whole thing on tape. What did you think was going to happen? In all reality he should have gotten much longer. I hope they play this tape in every highschool and college locker room. People need to know that actions have consequences. Being a star does not excuse you from them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

High. Profile athletes always get everything handed to them, and are rarely held accountable for even the most serious of offenses. I see him acting the same, absolutely certain that his athletic skill buys him a pass on any misconduct.

Lol@him, hopefully he will learn a valuable lesson from this.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

2-3 zone? No, I think they will be playing man to man....lol

2nd

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Felony assault and kidnapping? the guy got off lucky for only doing 3 years. who cares if hes a b-ball player. They have courts in the slammer.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
NVM I read wrong

www.nydailynews.com... e-1.1142057?localLinksEnabled=false

edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

link   
The harsh realities of life just caught up with someone who has been pampered for some time because of his skill with a basketball.

I do hope that he learns from this little adventure of his.

link   

Originally posted by David134
The amazing part is that he and his family were suprised. You pled guilty, they have the whole thing on tape. What did you think was going to happen? In all reality he should have gotten much longer. I hope they play this tape in every highschool and college locker room. People need to know that actions have consequences. Being a star does not excuse you from them.

If his girlfriend didn't want him in prison and she still thinks he is a good person than who is anybody else to say that he deserves to be in prison.. He had a hell of a lot more going for him than the people hatin on him will in their lifetime.... They could have gave him house arrest and community service. And they wonder y prisons overcrowded...

link   
From watching the video (I know nothing about the case), it looks like he's serving 7 years, not 3.

3+2+2 on different counts.

His lawyer probably told him he'd get some leniency... hence the shock.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

The judge made the sentences be served at all the same time, this video is cut off.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhh court not court. I'm having a derpy day.

Hopefully this will be a learning experience. I actually almost felt bad for him. Almost.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ah... lousy youtube vid.

He thought he was serving 7 years when he was prepared for 3, so he freaked out.

"I haven't finished yet," Barker said from the bench, as a court officer struggled to hoist the handcuffed Farmer to his feet.
"Tony, come on Tony," Dubyak said. "It's not as bad as you think it is."

After Farmer stood up, Barker announced the terms would be served concurrently and that Farmer would spend three years in prison.

I think I would freak out too.

Source

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Hopefully he learns a valuable lesson...

In addition, his time in the slammer should smoothly as long as he shows the boys in Cell Block D how to play a 2-3 zone...

Yes, he will be promising lots of season tickets i think.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry about the video. I didn't know how to post a non utube or google video.

About his reaction in court,

I just think he didn't know what "concurrently" meant, or was too excited to wait until she finished.

The judge absolutely did him a favor. Three years for kidnapping is a huge favor.
edit on 22-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is bogus,,,,, does anyone know what actually happened with his girlfriend,,,, it was probably such a minor thing,, like an argument,,, and he locked the door to talk to her,,,, and she using her kniving B - word powers threatened to call the cops on him,,,, so it was a little semi serious standoff,,,, and then she actually did it,, and went through with it to show that she meant business,, and now she ruined this kids life,,,,
this is my guess on what happened,,,, does anyone know for real,..,,.
the felony assault he probably tapped her shoulder ,,,,

never mind,, just skimmed the article,,,,,,, his act of kidnapping was dragging her out of her property...... I bet he regrets ever meeting that chick.,.,,.,. b- ball before B****es
edit on 22-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just an interesting side note to this case...

Farmer assaulted Lane, dragged her by her hair outside the building and then took her cell phone, bank card, computer and car keys, prosecutors said.

I'm not defending what he did in any way shape or form, but when I heard "kidnapping", I pictured him hauling her off somewhere and not letting her go for some period of time.

The grand jury also chose to indict Farmer on a charge of kidnapping because he “…purposely removed the victim from the place where she was found or restrained her liberty for the purpose of terrorizing or inflicting serious physical harm.”

Source

I'm guessing it would still be kidnapping if he beat her up in her house too.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

his act of kidnapping was dragging her out of her property......

don't forget the "by her hair" part in place of the "......."

Not sure if there were witnesses.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by ImaFungi

his act of kidnapping was dragging her out of her property......

don't forget the "by her hair" part in place of the "......."

Not sure if there were witnesses.

true but still,..,,. 3 years in jail...... i doubt those who have commented commending the justice system,, have ever been into a fight " ya but ya dont hit a girl"! .,.,,. im sure she is fine,,, the punishment does not fit the crime in my opinion,,, this kids life and future prospects are much more valuable then a few follicles...
edit on 22-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join