It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Exactly, and what we have turned this planet into is hell. Earth is hell and this is the lake of fire the bible is talking about, in my opinion at least.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's all in how you look at it. We know this, and that's why we've crafted a giant illusion to disguise the whole burning mess. Despite the smoke, we've convinced ourselves that the world isn't on fire.

One of our greatest gifts: the ability to lie to ourselves, and believe it.
edit on 25-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Great way to put it.

Luckily there are still people like us who desire truth over lies. We prefer the hard truths over the comfortable lies. We may be the minority for now, but I have a feeling it won't be that way for long. Once everyone sees the hard truth, we can begin rebuilding and making this a much better place, but until then books like the bible and Quran will continue to dominate our world.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not so fast! It's more than just a state of mind, it's what our world has turned into as a result of that state of mind. People wanting more power and control and keeping the narrow-minded state of 'ME ME ME' has turned Earth into the cesspit it is now.

Earth is the closest thing to a hell that exists, and it's all because of greed.

This is what I find to be true as well. The STATE of MIND CREATES an Effect.

Cause and effect comes into play.

The want and or need for control is a desire manifested.

The desires of man can be manifested two ways.... We see this....

Two choices are had.

1. The desires for the tree of knowledge where we know good desires from bad desires. It's a split of the whole.... A division.

2. The desires for the tree of life. Balance and Harmony for eternity.

Which do we choose life after life whereas we choose daily and the effects it has on our space with friends, family and God? We are essentially effecting the whole every day! We see this!

Ultimately we are all either fallen or helping while incarnated right this very second.

I see myself as a light giver and always seeking. I also have faults from the flesh and choose to continue my journey looking outside of myself all the while seeking within my own heart where my spirit lies and awaits for me to remember why I'm here.

Remembrance comes and goes for me that why I'm always seeking. If weren't for the flesh, I could remember. The veil can be lifted if we ask though. God shows you his reflection all day, everyday.

Hell is all in the mind, but it's manifested in our daily lives as well because we made it so. When we leave this existence it's important to go to the light with a knowing that we are children of God.... We are beautiful in the light. The darkness cannot overcome the light.... Ever!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Great way to put it.

Luckily there are still people like us who desire truth over lies. We prefer the hard truths over the comfortable lies. We may be the minority for now, but I have a feeling it won't be that way for long. Once everyone sees the hard truth, we can begin rebuilding and making this a much better place, but until then books like the bible and Quran will continue to dominate our world.

The Spiritual books have not been taught to you by you.... That's the error.

I'm asking you this for truth....

How many times have you read the Bible or the Quran?

Let's say you have no desire to read it, but you want another mans view to teach you. Who do you ask? Do you ask a man that's read it over and over and knows it like the back of his hand or do you ask someone who has never read it.... Only been taught by another? Do you ask someone who has read it sooo many times to a specific number? What are the qualifications in a teacher you desire if it's not you?

My teachers are very few. Besides the four times I've read it like a book, I choose people in my life at different stages of my life to teach me what they know. They have to know it like I do though... If they don't believe in reincarnation or Jesus, I'm out. I know that much so why would I take need into another's Knowledge when they are not up to speed where I'm at.

Edgar Cayce read it 67 times and went to church on Wed and Sunday and eventually on Tues..

He taught Sunday school and the last four yrs taught Sunday school with his reading material. People of all ages and walks of life can read his teachings FROM the BIBLE and come away with a different pov from the scriptures. He was not the only one to be amazed at how his readings compiled with the word of God were spot on, but one would HAVE to get into a different frame of mind to understand his pov because it's different than we are TAUGHT from the mainstream Christian teacher and the same with the rest of the religions and their Holy books. They are ALL the inspired word of God!

Get into the minds..... See what they say about the Bible and what it means.... Take truth and leave the rest.

Here is another way to view the Bible.

archange.tripod.com...

Each time a book is read the meaning from the book becomes more clear. If you have not read it front to back then you have no authority to say what it is or isn't.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I haven't read it from cover to cover and am no expert on it but I was brought up by it. I have never read the quran so I am assuming their.

What I meant to say was religion and the interpretation it puts on the bible. I agree there is truth in it but I also know there is a lot of corruption in it also.

Here lately I have been reading little snippets here and there from the bible and have been interpreting what it means on my own terms and have come to the conclusions with nobody elses input. I have learned to learn it by myself instead of being told by someone else what it means. I agree with you that that is the error most make, they don't read it themselves but take someone elses interpretation as fact.
edit on 25-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The skeptics, scoffers, and cynics will be put to shame for their lack of understanding and unbelief.

Pics or it isn't true.

You'd better go back to the lobby and get a large popcorn & coke. I think the pics may be on the next reel.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
[
You are looking at this through your human eyes.

What does your spirit tell you?

Mine tells me to look at it like this....

Thanks for showing us what Christianity has done to your morals.

A mother who would allow her child to die needlessly. How sad for you.

Thanks for showing your lack of morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's all in how you look at it. We know this, and that's why we've crafted a giant illusion to disguise the whole burning mess. Despite the smoke, we've convinced ourselves that the world isn't on fire.

One of our greatest gifts: the ability to lie to ourselves, and believe it.
edit on 25-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Good work.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

If you read the Jesuit King James Version and all the 66Book Bibles (aka 66Stigmas aka 666) knockoffs that have covered the earth by shatan then you would have to admit that "god" is evil because the "god" in these twisted works of the scribes for there pharisee handlers are pure evil and total deception. Our true Savior and His Matith were persecuted for declaring just this!

There was no sacrifice requested or asked for by YHWH to AbraHam on the mountain that was normally used as a sacrificial site by worshipers of molech! Yet it was assumed by abraHam that this was the reason YaHuWaH called him there... Untwisted Word of YAH shows this.

There were never laws that disobedient children be beaten...

There were never practices by His people for adulterers to be stoned to death...

Practicing Homosexuals were never considered less than an adulterer to be stoned to death for their ways...

The Ten Commandments were never done away with by our Savior!

Never did YaHuWaH sanction or promote the taking of more than one wife.

There are 12 Fruits of the Spirit and not 9. The last three being Wisdom, Knowledge and Truthfulness and that there are 12 Fruits and not the twisted 9 in Gal. 5:22&23 is proof in Rev. 22:1&2 "a Fruit for every Month", Twelve Months in a year.

much more than this....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

If you read the Jesuit King James Version and all the 66Book Bibles (aka 66Stigmas aka 666) knockoffs that have covered the earth by shatan then you would have to admit that "god" is evil because the "god" in these twisted works of the scribes for there pharisee handlers are pure evil and total deception. Our true Savior and His Matith were persecuted for declaring just this!

There was no sacrifice requested or asked for by YHWH to AbraHam on the mountain that was normally used as a sacrificial site by worshipers of molech! Yet it was assumed by abraHam that this was the reason YaHuWaH called him there... Untwisted Word of YAH shows this.

There were never laws that disobedient children be beaten...

There were never practices by His people for adulterers to be stoned to death...

Practicing Homosexuals were never considered less than an adulterer to be stoned to death for their ways...

The Ten Commandments were never done away with by our Savior!

Never did YaHuWaH sanction or promote the taking of more than one wife.

There are 12 Fruits of the Spirit and not 9. The last three being Wisdom, Knowledge and Truthfulness and that there are 12 Fruits and not the twisted 9 in Gal. 5:22&23 is proof in Rev. 22:1&2 "a Fruit for every Month", Twelve Months in a year.

much more than this....

Why would man need God as our savior, ----- or any savior for that matter?
Who condemned us in the first place and has the right to forgive without having his own son murdered?

Regards
DL

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

[

Regards
DL

How do you feel saying such a thing to me?

The matter of fact is you really know nothing about compassion.

I'm NOT A CHRISTIAN! Hopefully you read that again, it sunk in, and you get it this time.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I haven't read it from cover to cover and am no expert on it but I was brought up by it. I have never read the quran so I am assuming their.

What I meant to say was religion and the interpretation it puts on the bible. I agree there is truth in it but I also know there is a lot of corruption in it also.

Here lately I have been reading little snippets here and there from the bible and have been interpreting what it means on my own terms and have come to the conclusions with nobody elses input. I have learned to learn it by myself instead of being told by someone else what it means. I agree with you that that is the error most make, they don't read it themselves but take someone elses interpretation as fact.

I've always been a deep thinker and more so with the death that I've been influenced by.

I want to share something with you that I wrote on another thread. I feel my hard work has maybe paid off when considering the whole scheme of things.

I will have to copy and paste but I hope that if nothing else, it gives you a sense of meaning and purpose to some of the questions we ask our self all the time.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Metaphyscis and the philosopy from which it derived many things tells a story.

I hear stories which are an expression that are different, yet tell the same story.

I just can't stop thinking sometimes about the order of the cosmos. The Oder of the human body, and frankly all living things. Even more so today because it seems as of last night, I've had some sort of revelation. I've had pieces of a puzzle scattered about in my mind for the last .... Well..... All of my life of almost forty years but every day devotion for the last twenty.

I've studied at LENGTH many subjects. It began when I was little. I had a love for native Americans so I read all the time the different stories and my father took me and my brother a few times to see the Cherokee reservations not far from my state of Tennessee.

I began to be interested in Einstein as he and I share a birthday. Lol I began reading and studying the ideas of time.

The Bible was always a good read, although the many churches while I was growing up never told the stories as good as I could tell them to myself not to mention the preachers never could answer my questions.

My knowledge seeking began very young as most do ASKING WHY? A child may or may not be a why asker but I was and love the age because I'm the type of parent that gives a full answer each time.

As an adult going through the many life changes including one death after another including but not limited to my sons battle and loss with cancer.

The whys have always remained with me over the years, until last night.

Before last night, the last twenty years have been educating myself all that I wanted to know.

Time, light, darkness, clouds, god/gods, religions, philosphy, quantum mechanics, beginnings of all of creation stories, and big bang, from the atom to the molecule, quirks, human anatomy, anything pertaining to the living whether it's a tree, fruit, forms, shapes, symbols, and so on. I mean I became an addict to reading. I've read about astral physics, psychics, near death experience, out of body experiences and so on. It's been a whirlwind, but it's like one subject leads me to another almost in a fashion of perfect sequence. I was upset one day when a preacher told me where my son was is a mystery. I told God ( whatever that was for me at the time, I didn't know) I will not read the Bible again until you show me your self without it. It's too confusing and I'm hurt. Show me the answers to my questions. I'm going to the library today, so it begins... now. This is what I said!!

Twenty years later I have put all these pieces of the puzzle together and I want to share with you what this picture looks like now that it's all pieced together.

I do not expect agreance for the knowledge I have is not the same as you, perceptions matter and each is truth in their own unique way.

In regards to the Universe ( heavens).....

I see the Universe filled with matter, energy, light, and so on. I see it as alive just as I see the Earth and the other planets alive. They, we, are all made up of the same things.

We, like the Universe are a reflection of light that is expressing itself in many ways.

The Universe seems to be an expanding expression. Literature of all kinds teach me about expression and how the living matter, not yet expounded on the non living matter, expresses it self.

All objects emit electromagnetic radiation as well.

Matter, then could also be said to be an expression of thought!

We see matter can blink in and out of existence. The nature ( key word nature) of matter is to express... To come in and out of self expressing that which it/we think.

Once the thought comes in, Our voices send off harmonic waves of the highest light forms and each vibration then manifests in the material world.

The laws that govern are governed for the good of nature whether it's seen in us, another living creature, plant, atom, Universe, and so on.

The human can be said to be of mind, body and soul. We are half material and half light, expressing in many ways.

The only " right" way of expression is our perception of how the order of nature should be.

We are matter that's a transferable energy with each expression we give to the seen world, and to the unseen world because the Universal law here is cause and effect.

For the religious Christain person it can be viewed from the Bible that creation began, before man. God was said to be void, then a thought aroused within, he spoke,he moved, and this flow continues today. God is then seen to be expressing himself through matter and or creation of the very first expression.

The Bible then becomes stories ( expressions) of mankind and the struggles man has undergone since the beginning of.... Man.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

When the term was used, " I am", it was an expression.

" I am" , The First Adam ( atom) (Jesus, joshua, what ever entity you associate him with) ... He was asked to name objects as an expression....

" Name it" you are, I am, we are...... An expression.

I'm sitting outside on my deck, typing this. I see my deck is worn out and needs to be sealed. To me, it's a way of expression through the worn out wood that it needs to be tended to. My tomatoe plants are expressing them self with the blooms, and now comes the fruitation. I see it, in all it's glory and cannot wait to taste it! When I look at the tomatoe plant though, it is expressing something to me. It's an expression all on its own, but with me being the owner/ observer I can take commune with it and know that I too see the expression it's sending.

It's going to be tasty! Right?

With that said though.... There are probabilities. It could rain, I could water it, I could water it too much, I could neglect it, it could become dis eased and so on. Even though I KNOW the nature of the plant, there are possible outcomes and many factors are at play.

What I do with the expression/ expressions indeed matters.

Expressions tend to inspire as well, hence the spiritual, philosophical ideas, science and so on.

Music soothes my soul. The expressions from the artists are like that of a beautiful painting only the sound resonates with my entire being unlike anything else.

Reading is too an inspiration and a way of expression that keeps me learning each and every second.

It's just the nature of all that is and ever will be, in my opinion. If we can see it, it can be an expression, that ultimately inspires the spirit IF it is good with the nature.

The balance is what I'm seeing is off not only with this planet but every living thing.

The balance of the splitting of not only the atom ( man and woman) but of the light and dark. Darkness is said not able to overcome the light and we see this in science. Photons cannot be trapped, as they are free!

The tipping point is where I see us all at the present time, as it appears when the light divided from the darkness in creation it's not only been expressed in tons of literature in different manners, but it's telling a story of humanity and the nature of all things and of the different possibilities.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

We all search for truth. The one person that said he had it was Jesus, or whatever you want to call him.

I am is an expression that leaves it open to call him whatever you deem as truth but the individuals truth is found from the subconscious and it's played back to him after the flesh has receded from the spirit.

This is when you are able to view your entire being as a whole from the outside lookin in. This is the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

[

Regards
DL

How do you feel saying such a thing to me?

The matter of fact is you really know nothing about compassion.

I'm NOT A CHRISTIAN! Hopefully you read that again, it sunk in, and you get it this time.

Then you have even less reason for your immoral stance.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

We all search for truth. The one person that said he had it was Jesus, or whatever you want to call him.

I am is an expression that leaves it open to call him whatever you deem as truth but the individuals truth is found from the subconscious and it's played back to him after the flesh has receded from the spirit.

This is when you are able to view your entire being as a whole from the outside lookin in. This is the truth.

No...that reveals a part of the truth, and even that is open to interpretation.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Who are you to say what is immoral? Are you 'God', that you can judge a fellow human?

Leave that to the wise and humble, neither of which is you.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You are naive and I hope you become somewhat humble when you do find intellectual knowledge from the standpoint of truth...... that lies within you my friend.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join