It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop, and take time to think, the world is not so bad after all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
We live in a society where we are fed with negative news and energy almost every day.
But sometimes I do believe that we need to stop and think about all the good things that we actually have around us.
This does not mean that we should stop being aware of all the things which needs to be changed and improved, but I would merely like to point out that there are also allot of good things to see, feel, hear and appreciate.

In many ways, humans now have a better way of life than ever before.

Take your time to watch this video (it is very short).
Perhaps it does nothing for you, and then again, perhaps if even just for a brief moment, it will give you some hope. After all, is that not a chance well worth taking?

We all need a boost of positive energy once in a while.

I love each and every one of you and I wish love and a prosperous life upon you all.
edit on 19-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Good point.

I would say the universe exists in a state of balance between the opposing forces.
It is really quite harmonious in the grand scheme of things.

edit on 19-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I propose a media outlet that gives the positive news from around the world. It is sickening how mainstream media is so distorted from reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
People who live on the internet and specifically sites like ATS so so much of the bad, crazy, sick side of life that it overwhelms people.

Turn off the computer & the TV and go outside.

Interact with REAL people and with nature.

There is so much more good out there than bad if you just look for it........actually you don't have to look for the good. Just stop looking for the bad!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

It'd be wrong to turn a blind eye to the evil in the world. People who dare look at whats is wrong in the world are the same people who dare change it and that is a positive thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I often tend to think that our surrounding environment and universe in general are a projection of the energy we all send out.
More bad influence would lead to us producing more bad/depressed thoughts and thus effecting our surroundings in a bad way.
It is necessary that we sometimes stop and try to focus on all which is good.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GareyGaia

This is an absolute brilliant idea.
Perhaps start with ATS setting up a new forum for only positive news and things in general.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Check out this thread.
The Lighter side of ATS

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

it's not for everyone but there's two books I found at Hallmark in the cards section: Bedside Blessings by Charles R Swindoll and God's Shelter For Your Storm by Sheila Walsh. Reading just a page or two in the morning instead of turning on CNN has made me a lot happier and made a lot of the insanity in our world more bearable.

Their just short little positive meditations, takes only a few minutes to read. I grab one of these books and my cup of morning coffee and take the dogs out in our fenced in back yard. Sit up on a lawn chair on our deck and read a page or two............really starts my day out on a positive note.

If you are reading this, you have access to a computer, you're very lucky.

You are also lucky if you:

Had a meal today.
Have a bed and a room with a lock on the door and a roof over your head.
Clothes on your back and shoes on your feet.
Someone that has told you "I love you" or smiled at you (you're very blessed) - If you don't and can afford it, adopt a shelter dog. Yes money can buy unconditional love but it's a responsibility just like having a little child entails.
You can afford medicine.

Today between 28,000-48,000 people will die from lack of food and clean water alone.

If you can breath in and out - you made it another day, you are lucky...............not everyone will see tomorrow's sunrise.

Life is precious.

From Bedside Blessings by Chareles R. Swindoll page 210 July 13th

We must admit that we spend more of our time concentrating and fretting over the things that can't be changed - than we do giving attention to the cone that we can change, our choice of attitude. Stop and think about some of the things that suck up our attention and energy, all of them inescapable: the weather, the wind, people's action and criticisms, who won or lost the gam, delays at airports.

Quit wasting energy fighting the inescapable and turn your energy to keeping the right attitude..

O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; nor do I involve myself in great matters. Psalm 131:1

new topics

top topics

join