It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississipp​i - The Birthplace Of American Music. Yes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
reply to post by tanda7

Is this a band from New Orleans? You were lucky to have met him.
edit on 15-8-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

Not exactly a band, he was a fixture in my neighborhood for years. Held court in the coffee shops by daylight and the bars by night. He was born and raised in the swamps south of New Orleans and was raised by a quasi-voodoo grandmother. I've had many beers with him. One of a kind.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

reply to post by tanda7

Not exactly a band, he was a fixture in my neighborhood for years. Held court in the coffee shops by daylight and the bars by night. He was born and raised in the swamps south of New Orleans and was raised by a quasi-voodoo grandmother. I've had many beers with him. One of a kind.

Seems like New Orleans has alot to do there. I haven't been in a long time. and am truly scared to park my car anywhere, I was warned about that from a native. Only drove through when I was there. Never went out and about or experienced it. Could hear the jazz from the off streets of Canal Street though. ( Hope that's the right street?)

I have relatives in Houma, LA. Don't see them either. The swamps, the bayou and......Zydeco music. There's something to share.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

How could I forget the N MS Allstars. Thanks for reminding me how good they are, That was a great song, for some reason it reminded me of those incredible MS sunsets.
edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling

I've just only heard them. Never knew about them.

Sunsets are great here, unless it's hot like now, then "Thank God" it's gone.

The sunsets are one of MS's best kept secrets. I've traveled some and seen the sunset from several different states and I'm rarely wowed like I was almost everyday in H'burg. The thing is, the people that live there may not know how unique it is, and of course so few outsiders spend time there, they wouldn't know. I became curious and asked someone smarter than me and they said the moisture that greets the Texas winds creates the effect.

Is this just too far off topic?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

How could I forget the N MS Allstars. Thanks for reminding me how good they are, That was a great song, for some reason it reminded me of those incredible MS sunsets.
edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling

I've just only heard them. Never knew about them.

Sunsets are great here, unless it's hot like now, then "Thank God" it's gone.

The sunsets are one of MS's best kept secrets. I've traveled some and seen the sunset from several different states and I'm rarely wowed like I was almost everyday in H'burg. The thing is, the people that live there may not know how unique it is, and of course so few outsiders spend time there, they wouldn't know. I became curious and asked someone smarter than me and they said the moisture that greets the Texas winds creates the effect.

Is this just too far off topic?

It's all good. Not off topic 'cause it's still about MS. I've been to both east and west coasts and have just never payed attention to the sunsets, but I guess it's pretty good down south. I know I like the Gulf Coast beach more than California or Florida. Strange but true. It's cloudy, which I like most. And rain. No Sun.... I'm weird...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

Seems like New Orleans has alot to do there. I haven't been in a long time. and am truly scared to park my car anywhere, I was warned about that from a native. Only drove through when I was there. Never went out and about or experienced it. Could hear the jazz from the off streets of Canal Street though. ( Hope that's the right street?)

I have relatives in Houma, LA. Don't see them either. The swamps, the bayou and......Zydeco music. There's something to share.

Yeah Ya Right. Zydeco! Got to be in the mood for it but when you fall into a party down here and there is a zydeco band playing, You know you are somewhere special.
About visiting New Orleans, You must never let fear rule your decisions, of course we must be smart and step lightly until we know the territory, but normal people navigate this city and it's pearls constantly without any problems. You just have to enter the scene with a guide. I've been here for a long time and moved in many circles and sometime I go a year without anyone even being rude to me, much less try to harm or steal from me.
Unfortunately it's the bad news that travels the fastest. Don't believe the hype.
The worst thing that ever happened to me here was losing a unsecured bike. Much worse things happened to me in H'burg.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Well, this is good to know. "Don't let fear rule you." It's a good way to be.

I know crime is everywhere, so just do it, I guess should be the motto.

ETA: Zydeco seems like a party to me. I bet it's all kinda fun. Looks like it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Brandon Lay Band "Mississippi" (he's from TN)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
NSync - I Thought She Knew ( Lance Bass - from Laurel/Clinton, MS)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Brandon Lay Band "Mississippi" (he's from TN)

Not bad. If we are gonna do it that way;

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Sorry I couldn't watch it all. I tried.
Nice catch though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have no idea where these guys are from but;

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Some Texas boys know about it

edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Jon Anderson has a few really great songs, I personally don't think this is one of them but,

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

ZZTop I love. John Anderson, wa, you just took me back to a voice I haven't heard in a while.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sorry I couldn't watch it all. I tried.
Nice catch though.

As it turns out, I've come to appreciate J Timberlake for his sense of humor. His sketches on Saturday Night Live were always funny. All of it is on Youtube. Some of it is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Is Justin Timberlake from NSync? Yes, he is. I forgot.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

Is Justin Timberlake from NSync? Yes, he is. I forgot.

Yes. That is the same kid singing in the video you posted. He's the kid with the blond afro.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Oh, my goodness, how time flies. But, he looks better now though.

Age...sometimes it's a benefit.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

Oh, my goodness, how time flies. But, he looks better now though.

Age...sometimes it's a benefit.

If you like sci-fi type movies check Justin T in "In Time". He's not a bad dramatic actor. Search for a movie trialer if you are interested, it's not a bad movie
edit on 15-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
King's X - Dogman (Ty Tabor (born 1961), guitarist/songwriter/vocalist for rock band King's X, (Pearl)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join