It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closet lurker finally coming out :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi all!

I've spent many countless hours on ATS over the years yet there's always something new and fascinating to read. Just today, I read a post here about being 'alone' in one's perception of the world and not having like-minded people to talk with. I could relate 100% and wanted to write back so I decided to take the plunge and sign up.

A little about me...My dad raised me from a young age to see how not everything is always as it seems.I still remember walking to school during the beginning days of the Gulf war and trying to explain to my friends that it was about the oil...they wouldn't even hear of it. It was that moment in time when I realized that I was alone in my thinking. Going through school as the pretty girl with 'weird' ideas didn't win me any popularity contests so I learned to keep my mouth shut. Even though we are no longer children, we are still the same kind of people. Those friends have grown to be adults preoccupied with the latest mobile phone, brand-name clothing, and what's on 'reality tv' while I'm lurking on ATS where my kind of converstions take place!

My interests are varied... politics, science, survival/prep, bioenergy healing, homeopathy, etc... I love watching thought-provoking shows like Ancient Aliens and wish there was more quality programing on tv. I believe that 9/11 was the point of no return. Since then, the PTB have been so obvious in the implementation of thier agenda, yet most people don't seem to notice/question things. I've been seeing 11:11 for many years now and sense that we are on the verge of something, but I don't know what that 'something' is. All I do know is that it is a great time to be alive and a witness to it all!

In no way am I an expert on anything, but I certainly hope to contribute here and there from time to time.

Thanks and take care!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cibalia

Welcome home!

Nice intro. I love the part about 11:11. I see number combos all the time usually repeating like 11:11, 3:33, 25.25 etc. I started a thread here about it but got very few replies. Maybe I was in the wrong forum or I guess if it doesn't happen to you it's either hard to believe or not very interesting.

This is a great site and it sounds like you'll fit in just fine.

A bit of advice though take a break every once in awhile.

Hope to talk with you soon.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, Cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome Cibalia

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Thank you for the welcome!

I did a search on the meaning of the 11:11 phenomenon and there is some very interesting information out there.
It seems that not too many people experience it, so the lack of interest is not surprising, even for ATS.

Talk soon!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and I very much look forward to reading the thoughts you wish to share with us.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the welcome wagon and valuable guidelines! I'm very happy to be here!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Thank you! This is the first forum I've joined and I hope to share my thoughts as soon as I get over the stage fright. Most posts are so eloquent that it can be a little intimidating, but I'll definitely give it a try.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibalia
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Thank you! This is the first forum I've joined and I hope to share my thoughts as soon as I get over the stage fright. Most posts are so eloquent that it can be a little intimidating, but I'll definitely give it a try.

meh..not all are eloquent, and sometimes basic straight forward is best .

Sharing your thoughts is what is important.
..so don't fret on the delivery too much.
edit on 13-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join