It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic study offers clues to history of North Africa's Jews

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

This work demonstrates a shared genetic history among the Jews of North Africa and strengthens the case for a biological basis for Jewishness," said medical geneticist Harry Ostrer of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, who led the study.

in.reuters.com...

I don't think they are just making this stuff up,

What if they are a distinct race?

Why would that be a big deal?

Some people may have to re-think their view's of the world around them .

I do not doubt the DNA evidence, but you need to do some research on "race". This is not about race, the Jews are not a distinct race, this evidence would in no way support that. They are a distinct group, and there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Evidence of the Exodus from Egypt

One of the most important discoveries that relate to the time of the Exodus is the Merneptah stele which dates to about 1210 BC. Merneptah, the king of Egypt, boasts that he has destroyed his enemies in Canaan. He states: Plundered is the Canaan with every evil; Carried off is Ashkelon; seized upon is Gezer; Yanoam is made as that which does not exist; Israel is laid waste, his seed is not; (ANET 1969, 378).The word "Israel" here is written in Egyptian with the determinative for people rather than land (ANET 1969, 378 note 18). This implies that Israel did not have a king or kingdom at this time. This would be the time of the judges. The text also implies that Israel was as strong as the other cities mentioned, and not just a small tribe. The south to north order of the three city-states may provide a general location for Israel. There is an interesting place named in Joshua 15:9 and 18:15, "well of waters of Nephtoah," that may be the Hebrew name of Merneptah.

how does this imply that the exodus happened? experts in middle eastern archaeology have found that the israelites were a tribe of canaanites that took over around that time period. this says nothing other than that the israelites existed in the 13th century bce.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

No. Habiru was likely not the Hebrews. In Hebrew the word for "Hebrew" is "Ivri". Also, despite what you've read Egyptologists get pretty generous with some of their translations

habiru is an akkandian term for outlaws and foreigners. many nonexperts trying to play fast and loose with terms to prove the bible right try to claim it's a name for the hebrews during the exodus.

no expert in egyptology or archaeology claims the habiru are the hebrews, only people pretending to be either in an attempt to prove the bible.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a pathetic effort amongst people, to try and prove they are the historic jews.

Now, it's not much of a problem wether they are or aren't. What is the problem, is that according to zionists own agenda, they are trying to prove their superiority as human beings. In effect, trying to show that they are GODS own people, and that they do not bare resemblense to the rest of us.

Proving, that they are the master race.

That kind of agenda isn't worth a look ... it's beyond "pathetic".

Historically, these claims are that Jews are distinct from the rest. Really ... now, having lived in the middle east and Europe for thousands of years, that would really mean that they are inbred. Now, that sure isn't a positive issue, is it ... saying that they're inbred lot, that would actually put "insanity" on a high list of deseases they suffer from. Now, I do not believe any such "nonsense" about Jews. As when I see them, I see they are distinctively equivalent to us here. So the DNA equivalence is self evident, and doesn't need any hokus-pokus to figure out. The European Jews are blond, blueeyed, tall, with European features of Germans, French and Brits. Saying anything different, is just racistic crap ... plain and simple. And looking at the middle eastern Jews, they show distinctively same features as their Arab brethren, dark hair, brown eyes. Same physical features, and ... even more categorically, same mental featurs. Claiming they're something else, is just racistic nonsense, and isn't worth a look at ...

Seriously.

Being Jewish is not a race feature ... it's a religious feature. Just like being Buddhist, or Christian.

edit on 13/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

what a load of new age BS.....

if they have forgotten.....let me remind them.

3,1000bc to 2,000 bc....

your a religous sect from egypt.....you chose your covenance over the pharaoh....challanged the state....then the exodus

they were never a particular RACE...it was a religous ideology......most likely started by upper egyptians, instigated by the middle east.....

i'll say it again...not a race, but a faith.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Exactly. Its this type of superior ideology that has kept the blood flowing in the middle east and surrounding areas for thousands of years. Yes every country and religion has a history of religious war, but this goes one step further. Trying to insinuate that being a Jew makes you different from every other person on earth.

We are all different in the ways that make us unique. We are all the same in that we are human and only have each other to look to in the future.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that an alien race would come here and prove that we were seeded here. Maybe that would get rid of this BS Religious ideology. Religions keep us compartmentalised as a people.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i hvaen't been able to read everything, but this reminds me of something very important, which i talked about a couple of years ago.

I wonder, if the Cochin Jews of India are related to the Cohen Jews, and i wonder if anyone has done DNA testing with them to match them up.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Cochin Jews arrived in India 2,500 years ago and settled down in Kerala as traders.

Not much is known about the prehistory of Kochi. There has been no clear evidence of Stone Age inhabitation. Quite ironically, Kochi forms the central part of the Megalithic belt of Kerala. The only trace of prehistoric life in the region is the menhir found in Tripunithura.

The history of Kochi prior to the Portuguese is not well documented. Though places north and south of Kochi are mentioned in quite detail in many accounts by ancient travellers, even a mention of Kochi is absent prior to the arrival of the Portuguese. Kochi's prominence as a trading port grew after the collapse of the port at Kodungallur in 1341 AD.

The Cochin State came into existence in 1102 AD after the breaking up of the Kulasekhara empire[7]
[edit]

So the Cochin Jews lived in the Cochin area, which later was renamed to Kochi. There is no history prior to around the 1300, but the jews that came there successfully lived there possibly from as long as 2500 years ago. It's all very interesting and raises a lot of questions.

Why was the area called Cochin? Could they be related to the Cohen Jews? Is there any way that Cochin could be a corrupt word for Cohen? Did the original jews prosper there and is their history not being told? Many questions...

And here is an article that talks about 1 of the 10 jews in this city in Kochi that died, and that they are related to what i am talking about.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

The death of an 83-year-old Jew on the Sabbath leaves only nine Jews left in the Jewish Community of Mattanchery, a tourist area located in the Kochi, India region, formerly known as Cochin...

The Cochin Jews were the first Jews to come to India and were first referred to as “black Jews.” One tradition is that moved to the Malabar coast during time that the Kingdom of Israel was split into two during the period of King Solomon.

btw 2 of the 10 are named Cohen, even though it's a popular jewish name.. who knows?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is this just another excuse for Jews to think that they are different than Muslims? Or think they are some chosen supreme race?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join