It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple explanation of why Buddhism is correct.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you turn your gaze inward instead of outward and actively seek the seer it is amazing.
Speaking about the third eye is ok but it is just a story, it cannot be experience directly.
If it is not experienced directly (presence awareness) it is just a story.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The third eye is you though. It is not just a story because it is based on truth and reality. The third eye is the seer and can be experienced because it is the thing that experiences the now.

When someone opens their minds eye, they realize what we know. Those who do not still know it, but they do not realize it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I am not a third eye.
I am nothing and what is seen appears to be something and together they make this.
Only when you find you are nothing will you realize yourself as all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

When the mind is holding you a prisoner, you are trapped in the mind. When one steps outside the mind and becomes the witness of thought one is free from mind made delusion.
The thoughts will still arise but they are seen appearing and are mostly amusing.
Life the divine comedy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

You are misunderstanding me, by 'third eye' I don't literally mean a physical eye, I mean what you mean, the seer. The thing that sees, the minds eye made of nothing.

When you know yourself as the seer, that means you have opened your 'third eye' so to speak. When you open your 'third eye', you can walk through that opening and escape your mind.
edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

God indeed did create goodness. Goodness is part of everything, the same way evil is. If good and evil are not things, we wouldn't see or experience them. Likewise, if God didn't create those things, we would not see or experience them.

well I think there is some misundrestanding.I meant when we say God is merciful we are describing it. it is a description. and being merciful is not something seperate from it's nature. approximately the same that we describe eachother .

The Qur'an states very clearly good and evil both come from God. (If any good reaches them, they say, “This is from Allah,” but if any evil befalls them, they say, “This happened because of you.” Say: “All things are from Allah.” What is wrong with these people that they do not understand any word?) [An-Nisa' 78]

yes you are right I think I misunderstood you. I meant the qualities of God.
moreover the mistranslation is always a big problem. I see this translation better.
"""[4.78] Wherever you are, death will overtake you, though you are in lofty towers, and if a benefit comes to them, they say: This is from Allah(God); and if a misfortune befalls them, they say: This is from you. Say: All is from Allah(God), but what is the matter with these people that they do not make approach to understanding what is told (them)?"""
quod.lib.umich.edu...

Jesus was not killed for our sins, he died for our sins, willingly, if you would believe 3 of the 4 gospels. He was killed for blasphemy against the Jews. He willingly "blasphemed" and died to guide us back on track and forgive our sins.

thank you for your guide. it seems you are good at books.
but there are some strict diferences that made view of Quran different from view of gospels towards Jesus.
[4.157] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa(Jesus) son of Marium(Mary), the apostle of Allah(God); and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
[61.6] And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat(Bible) and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.
[2.253] We have made some of these apostles to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa(Jesus) son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.
[57.27] Then We made Our apostles to follow in their footsteps, and We sent Isa son of Marium afterwards, and We gave him the Injeel(gospel), and We put in the hearts of those who followed him kindness and mercy; and (as for) monkery, they innovated it-- We did not prescribe it to them-- only to seek Allah's pleasure, but they did not observe it with its due observance; so We gave to those of them who believed their reward, and most of them are transgressors.
[5.116] And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things
quod.lib.umich.edu...
it seems they believe that Jesus even did not died but saved alive. and is alive. """"This "raising" is understood to mean through bodily ascension. Muslims believe that Jesus will return to earth near the day of judgment to restore justice.""""
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I know what you are saying, however the third eye cannot be experienced directly, you will never see a third eye.
You will only beable to see what is seen or look directly to see what is seeing right now.

I have read that the third eye opens but to me it is just a story.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Jesus Christ did not die. Christ is the life.
Life is present always. It is just that man cannot know life because he is full of knowledge. Knowledge of past and knowledge of future, knowledge about some bloke who may or may not have lived and died 2000 years ago. Man talks about things he does not know.
Life is all he will ever know but he does not know 'this' because it is not knowledge it 'means' nothing to him.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The third eye cannot be seen either, it is invisible. I'm just using the third eye as an allegory.

I cannot make you know what I mean, just know that by third eye I mean what you mean. When someone realizes what we realize, some call that moment the opening of their minds eye, or 'third eye'.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Yes i know what you are saying. The third eye opening is what is said to happen when one becomes enlightened,

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The third eye is always there, but for most it is half closed, clouded by the past and future. When we get rid of the preconceptions of past and future and realize the 'now', that is when it fully 'opens'.

Either way, we both know.

edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Can not put it any better then that! We are spirtis in the material world; spirits experiencing a human life. I have bridged the east and the west, pierced the veil some would say, removed myself from the vessel through lucid dreaming, use of dmt, hours upon hours of meditation and chi-gung, and can assure you this is truth. Jesus was a yogi that found this to be the way to enlightenment, and if you study his word, and along with a good understanding of sacred geometry, Pi, Phi, buddism, kabala, or many other esoteric method, you can do the same; yes, become full of the light!

How hard can it be to understand this, especially given, even western science is revealing this through subatomic study; quatum physics etc... Random flashes of "Light"

The truth has been hidden, and a system of control (nlp) has been used to keep the masses from knowing their true being. A system used by zealots to enslave humans with their own ego. They go as far as designing a fear based system, inwhich realigion, (whereas they are Gods chosen people) is used to control and not bring one in touch with spirit or source; but to completely cut one off from spirit, leaving an empty shell or left brain locked zombie, completely and utterly a slave to fear. The mark of the beast, as it is refered to, does not have to be stamped on your body, when it is in fact, embedded in you subconcious! When you fear: Poverty, death, hunger, pain, etc... you enslave yourself! They (And most know who these mind minipulators, and pawns are) just send out the programming and the sleepers just keep ingesting.

You are the co-creator of your reality! Until you fully understand this you will continue to be a slave or cog in the wheel. And the majiority of cogs will be set fourth through three dimensional soul development for eons, while those that have achieved full conciousness will move through a fourth dimensional developement. Do your best to become altruistic, and stop lying to oneself to facilitate a belief in a system of control.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I know that no thing is what i am.
I see, i hear and i know what there is to be known and i can only do it presently. All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.
The 'things' i know are unproven.
I am but i don't know if anything else is.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I understand. All I 'know' is that I am, just as all you 'know' is that you are.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I understand. All I 'know' is that I am, just as all you 'know' is that you are.

And that is the truth.
I am (is) the way, the truth and the life.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Can i ask you, is life easy now that god has been found?
Are you one with the father?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by mkmasn

The 144,000 is not all the people that are saved. Those are those sealed to minister,

After that it says,

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

The reason a person does not come to the truth is because they don't seek it, you have to seek the truth in order to find it, if that means going out from a tribe or group because of its wickedness, case in point the Mayans. A person understands this regardless of ideals they are brought up with. A human being can understand inequity without being taught. Why is that?

So all these ancient civilizations that had advanced knowledge and technology were not aware of the things of the past, they knew well what they were doing.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The multitude don't get saved right away. They get to suffer.

Revelation 9
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

And not all of the multitude will be saved.

Matthew 7
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

edit on 13-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

The suffering is caused by believing thoughts. And by believing that you are doing those thoughts.
All you need saving from is delusional thinking.
The person cannot be liberated, to be liberated one must realize that one is not the person.

The title of this thread is Buddhism but the content is about God.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by mkmasn

God indeed did create goodness. Goodness is part of everything, the same way evil is. If good and evil are not things, we wouldn't see or experience them. Likewise, if God didn't create those things, we would not see or experience them.

well I think there is some misundrestanding.I meant when we say God is merciful we are describing it. it is a description. and being merciful is not something seperate from it's nature. approximately the same that we describe eachother .

The Qur'an states very clearly good and evil both come from God. (If any good reaches them, they say, “This is from Allah,” but if any evil befalls them, they say, “This happened because of you.” Say: “All things are from Allah.” What is wrong with these people that they do not understand any word?) [An-Nisa' 78]

yes you are right I think I misunderstood you. I meant the qualities of God.
moreover the mistranslation is always a big problem. I see this translation better.
"""[4.78] Wherever you are, death will overtake you, though you are in lofty towers, and if a benefit comes to them, they say: This is from Allah(God); and if a misfortune befalls them, they say: This is from you. Say: All is from Allah(God), but what is the matter with these people that they do not make approach to understanding what is told (them)?"""
quod.lib.umich.edu...

Jesus was not killed for our sins, he died for our sins, willingly, if you would believe 3 of the 4 gospels. He was killed for blasphemy against the Jews. He willingly "blasphemed" and died to guide us back on track and forgive our sins.

thank you for your guide. it seems you are good at books.
but there are some strict diferences that made view of Quran different from view of gospels towards Jesus.

Right, there are huge differences between the Qur'an and the Bible, there is no denying that. The main point was that they both agree God is both good and evil.

If you read the old testament, you get a very different taste of God than if you read the new testament. The God of the old testament is vengeful, just, almost merciless.

The God of the new testament is passive, merciful, loving.

Which leads me to believe the old testament and new testament are speaking of two different Gods. Further proof of this is in the many names of God, and the pagan belief systems of the surrounding cultures, plus the similar qualities of each God.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join