It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama (said he) will cut deficit in half in his 1st term !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He said it.

But he sure didn't do it now did he ?

The video has him talking about how bad it was before he took office.

Actually this was one of his better speeches.

Not any stuttering or stammering.

Whether he was talking about the total National Debt or just year by year spending deficits, he failed miserably on both fronts !!!

and he hasn't done too good on unemployment either !!

(YouTube Caption)

Uploaded Feb 15, 2011

Obama talks about how he will cut the deficit in half during his first term - and why it's so important. Really? The 2008 budget deficit was 458 billion. Obama's proposed new budget for this year has a deficit of 1.1 TRILLION. For God's sake - WTF???

Obama will cut deficit in half FEB 2009

WHO will YOU trust this election ?

(YouTube Caption)

Uploaded Jun 15, 2011

In an interview with Matt Lauer in the beginning of his presidency, Barack Obama said he should only serve one term if he could not fix the economy.

Obama said he should serve only one term

The National Debt is ready to hit $16 Trillion any day now !!!
$15.96 Trillion and Counting (UP)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He meant he would double it.... easy mistake to make. Just a mental slip on his part.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Read my lips, no new taxes."
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
"I don't think our troops oughta be used in what's called nation-building"

Oh look, a President lied.

edit on 11-8-2012 by DaTroof because: misquoted W

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh! I really needed a good joke today.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How about Romney flip flopping.
Let me be clear that I'm no Obama supporter. It just goes to show that it's all a charade of lies and deceit. Still with concrete proof of all the lies for all these years, people still eat up all the political jargon.I don't trust any of them. When someone steps in and starts to really piss people off then you'll know you have someone to support. Unfortunately, they will be demonized through the media and you'll never know you had someone there who had the peoples best interests in mind because everyone will buy what the media says at face value.
edit on 11-8-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

ANSWER: SURELY NOT PHONEY-ROMNEY.

Anyone who "trusts" a character like Romney is a GRADE-A FOOL

edit on 11-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

ANSWER: SURELY NOT PHONEY-ROMNEY.

Anyone who "trusts" a character like Romney is a GRADE-A FOOL

Ya but Obama IS THE President !!

All the losses are for Keeps

"Trust" Obama again and what do you think will happen ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

"Trust" Obama again and what do you think will happen ?
Same ole, same ole.Obama will tow the line or he will suffer the consequences. Do you think Obama will risk his or his families well being for your benefit?We're going to have to get away from this fantasy of a perfect candidate if we're going to begin to enact real change. None of this good old American family man as president is going to work. You're dealing with sociopaths, and they'll use whatever means necessary to achieve their goals. Even if it means threatening or killing family members.It's a sad truth, but we're going to have to rethink what we look for in leaders, and put ideal traditions aside. But we won't. We'll just keep spinning our wheels until we bury ourselves.ETA: You can interchange Romney for Obama in this post if you like as well. Garbage in, garbage out.
edit on 11-8-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Obama and Romney are not, and will not, get the national government`s house in order. They might want to do that, but I do not feel that have a leadership skills or backbone to stand up to the massive bureaucratic machine in D.C. We need someone who is willing to push a plan budget plan which will ease the ever growing debt burden and over a number of years get the overall national debt down to something we can manage. Obama has clearly been unable to do it and considering Romney`s background in the field of business, he will not be able to get it as well due to his love of money and power.

A common man, or women, is needed who comes from a working class background. Someone who knows exactly effect government policy has on the average person. Someone who cannot be bought off or scared into doing what the ruling capitalist class wants.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Barack Obama said that he would quit smoking also....maybe he was smoking weed when he said it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Who will I trust this election? Ron Paul. I am writing his name on the ballot.

new topics

top topics

join