It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have 222$ TRILLION dollars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
U.S. Debt Just Grew by $11 Trillion

The U.S. fiscal gap, calculated (by us) using the Congressional Budget Office’s realistic long-term budget forecast -- the Alternative Fiscal Scenario -- is now $222 trillion. Last year, it was $211 trillion. The $11 trillion difference -- this year’s true federal deficit -- is 10 times larger than the official deficit and roughly as large as the entire stock of official debt in public hands.

www.bloomberg.com...

If one started to repay the debt at 1 billion dollars a day, you and your kids and grand-kids would be long gone before even half it was paid off.

SIMPLE CHART:

• U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
• Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
• New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
• National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
• Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000

Now let's remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget.

• Annual family income: $21,700
• Money the family spent: $38,200
• New debt on the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Total budget cuts: $385
edit on 11-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What baffles me is why aren't we up in arms?
The FED and bankers have raped the majority of the people systematically for de decades.

The ammount of money and debt is mindblowing, or should i say numbing?
Becausr still a lot of people are numb to this or have the 'as long as i get by' mentality.

I could upload a picture of the size of the de the us is in but i'm not going to because im on my iphone.
For the three letter organisations: yes i called for a viilent rebellion against the monster that was created.
Since i feel you left us no other choice:
- voting doesn't help since elections are righed and/or bought
- peaceful demonstrations and cries of outrage get smashed down with an iron fist

So i say hello to all the new watchlists im on, appreciate it

But it needs to be said: # needs to change and fast.

Peope are getting fed up, pissed off and evermore aware.
You have caused enough harm.

So much so that you left millions homepess, impoverished and in debt.
Future generations will feel the burden of your sick practices and ponsyschemes.

It's about time you guys started paying off YOUR debt to the people!

/end of a emotional driven rant

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So the official debt is bull, or what? Wtf? How can this keep goin on like this?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Like demonstrated in this video here....with the exact same numbers?

lol

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Anyone have 222$ TRILLION dollars?,

The Federal Reserve?
China, for the purchase of the US?
HERE is a visual perspective for ONE trillion dolars. Now multiply that times 222!!!

Anyone else get a doom feeling? I cannot fathom a solution, even if we cut all programs and defense spending we would still be in debt. So, now what?
edit on 11-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's not for the rushed or those without Excel. However....if one would like to see how accurate the OP is (He's dead on) and see how much worse it really IS...

Actual U.S. Federal Budget Numbers w/o spin

In particular, under Fiscal Year 2013 -> Historical Tables, load and go over the XLS files in section 13 -> 16. Those are the absolute dollar sheets for what comes IN, what goes OUT and broken down to great detail. Sickening detail. Line item levels.

If anyone's been wondering why I don't seem to have much better to do these past several days than be on and off here almost all day and night...(I do sleep a little)... That link is where my larger monitor has been for the better part of 3 days..or more specifically, the spread sheets linked from that page.

It's enough to ruin the day of an eternal optimist, but those sheets have it all. Black and white..and down to individual federal accounts that hold how much for which program and to the pennies. They even run all tose numbers BACK for decades (which is why I first latched on...a thread I'm still making for ATS) Hope that helps support the numbers!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
What baffles me is why aren't we up in arms?
The FED and bankers have raped the majority of the people systematically for de decades.

As long as the internet speed is fast.

As long as the Pizza guy takes less than half an hour.

As long as my neighbor's house looks worse than yours.

All is Good.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Looking forward to the thread, and now with your informed perspective may I ask if you think we can get out of this, and if so how? It seems futile and if it is, and people begin realizing it, this may be a tipping point for attitudes across the country. I wonder if people and prospective business adventurers will just give up and throw in the towel? I do not have children but can imagine what so many parents may think. It must be heart breaking and disturbing to find this out and try to ponder a future with anything significantly positive.

We could fight, but fight what? We could organize but to what extent? Is it too late? Don't mean to be a drama downer but it is getting hard for me to see clear anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I read an article this morning on this very thing, funny thing is I assumed I read 22 Trillion and thought to myself well that could be worse.
So I moved on in my morning news fix, obviously I need new glasses here........My god this is really bad.
Good luck to my American neighbours on this one and I mean that.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 11-8-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Very clever and practical way to break down the numbers....for many of us to understand, lol....ok, I admit it, not great with math to begin with, but, throw in interest rates, dividends, how the stock market actually works, and every other "trick".....it's very difficult to articulate and understand.....I appreciate your thread, and found it enlightening.......

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's not for the rushed or those without Excel. However....if one would like to see how accurate the OP is (He's dead on) and see how much worse it really IS...

Actual U.S. Federal Budget Numbers w/o spin

In particular, under Fiscal Year 2013 -> Historical Tables, load and go over the XLS files in section 13 -> 16. Those are the absolute dollar sheets for what comes IN, what goes OUT and broken down to great detail. Sickening detail. Line item levels.

If anyone's been wondering why I don't seem to have much better to do these past several days than be on and off here almost all day and night...(I do sleep a little)... That link is where my larger monitor has been for the better part of 3 days..or more specifically, the spread sheets linked from that page.

It's enough to ruin the day of an eternal optimist, but those sheets have it all. Black and white..and down to individual federal accounts that hold how much for which program and to the pennies. They even run all tose numbers BACK for decades (which is why I first latched on...a thread I'm still making for ATS) Hope that helps support the numbers!

I would never get through all the stuff in your link, it would be over my head but I just posted to say thank you for the major addition here.
Star and Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

In a word, No. No, there isn't a way out. That's the simple answer...and the basis, without burning all I'm working to put together...is that the numbers vs. the reality of value and tangible goods simply don't exist on the same planet anymore. Even the M-3/4 numbers (they show total money out in circulation in different ways) don't work right. It's nuts.

It's not even any one man's fault. Bush and Obama..all of them..they guide and those that form the machine below act along the lines of the guidance. There is simply no way either man had the time to even read all that is there, let alone make so much as an opinion statement on each. There is too much.and it's too big. Heck... Catch my thread for the details! (shameless plug). lol.. It's actually 2. The one I started with days ago and the one the research during it showed I really had to make in related follow-up. I don't know when (day/time) I'll have them done, but it'll be soon...I have too much time in not to.

To topic though..I just wanted to toss my cents into the pond for the fact the numbers I'm real fresh with right now support the OP entirely, even when the numbers are so far out into space...it's hard to see them anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The debt is a political talking point that works at getting people into a rage. As a manipulation tool it is nearly unequaled in its effectiveness for getting a knee jerk reaction, The other big reaction getter being terrorism.

Just in my own real life experience, namely divorce... I can assure you. If you find the right accountant you make numbers add up any way you want them to - whatever benefits your argument. This is true of the politicization of the deficit, IMO.

Clinton came into office with a deficit and got it under control without having to starve anybody or kill off social programs.

It's all just a way to make people afraid. Frightened people are much more submissive and prone to following instruction.

~Heff
edit on 8/11/12 by Hefficide because: because typing r hard

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey friend, glad to see you on the boards again man

Clinton came into office with a deficit and got it under control without having to starve anybody or kill of social programs

That debt was miniscule by comparison to this one though even with slightly skewed numbers.

It's all just a way to make people afraid. Frightened people are much more submissive and prone to following instruction.

That little ditty certainly does play a part, and I too have heard the debt is just numbers used for whatever purpose and some say it is not real, but I don't know man. I would like to simply ignore this national debt aspect as I have done up to now, but listening to so many economists gives me concern. I hope you are right, and this is being overhyped and may be an indirect issue.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
here's a link to a "debt clock".

it seems pretty accurate and updates all the time.

the U.S. debt is ready to hit $16 trillion any day now !!!

debt clock time bomb

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As a reply to the OP's title. Give me a minute run down to Office Depot would you?

But the reality is that this situation that we are in is unsustainable.

top topics

join