It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew Alphabet is based on the Star of David..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhamBam

There are many pages it was featured on...In different forms as well. I have a better chart saved in my folder. I might upload it if you ask nicely.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I found it; I'm interested in a very broad range of subjects.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I figured, just wanted to ask. Some people get rather picky over links if it doesn't say 'Illuminati-Owned' on it.

Thanks for the good addition.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I notice in your avatar VeritasAequitas, that you have an ankh in the middle of the Star of David. Can you explain that in terms of its meaning and significance to you? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That is biased opinion mixed with fact. None of that debunks my post. You don't accept it because it wasn't included in the Holy Bible as approved by the Council of Nicea, correct?

The books of the Bible were never discussed at Nicaea. That council was convened to address the Arian heresy and to nail down a common date for Easter. Dan Brown sensationalised Nicaea and his book is fiction.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That is biased opinion mixed with fact. None of that debunks my post. You don't accept it because it wasn't included in the Holy Bible as approved by the Council of Nicea, correct?

The books of the Bible were never discussed at Nicaea. That council was convened to address the Arian heresy and to nail down a common date for Easter. Dan Brown sensationalised Nicaea and his book is fiction.

The Arian 'heresy' is still a thorn in the side of Christianity, and if one believes that the word of Jesus is true,, then as Arius himself quoted, I quote here via Wiki.

Arius appealed to Scripture, quoting verses such as John 14:28: "the Father is greater than I". And also Colossians 1:15: "the firstborn of all creation."

Thus, Arius insisted that the Father's Divinity was greater than the Son's, and that the Son was under God the Father, and not co-equal or co-eternal with Him.

sounds scriptural to me,, if I was of a Christian bent.
It is obvious there is a lot that the Vatican could come clean too,, if open access was given to their library.
I am sure in the future more will come out given the nature of things.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Here is another great link to a Jewish perspective of the Mystical significance of the Hebrew Letters as they might be used by Kabbalist and Mystics of the Jewish People.The Hebrew Alphabet

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Here's a little factoid about that debate

Bishop Nicholas Loses His Cool (At The Council of Nicaea)

In AD 325 Emperor Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea, the very first ecumenical council. More than 300 bishops came from all over the Christian world to debate the nature of the Holy Trinity. It was one of the early church's most intense theological questions. Arius, from Egypt, was teaching that Jesus the Son was not equal to God the Father. Arius forcefully argued his position at length. The bishops listened respectfully.
As Arius vigorously continued, Nicholas became more and more agitated. Finally, he could no longer bear what he believed was essential being attacked. The outraged Nicholas got up, crossed the room, and slapped Arius across the face! The bishops were shocked. It was unbelievable that a bishop would lose control and be so hotheaded in such a solemn assembly. They brought Nicholas to Constantine. Constantine said even though it was illegal for anyone to strike another in his presence, in this case, the bishops themselves must determine the punishment.
The bishops stripped Nicholas of his bishop's garments, chained him, and threw him into jail. That would keep Nicholas away from the meeting. When the Council ended a final decision would be made about his future.
Nicholas was ashamed and prayed for forgiveness, though he did not waver in his belief. During the night, Jesus and Mary his Mother, appeared,* asking, "Why are you in jail?" "Because of my love for you," Nicholas replied. Jesus then gave the Book of the Gospels to Nicholas. Mary gave him an omophorion, so Nicholas would again be dressed as a bishop. Now at peace, Nicholas studied the Scriptures for the rest of the night.
When the jailer came in the morning, he found the chains loose on the floor and Nicholas dressed in bishop's robes, quietly reading the Scriptures. When Constantine was told of this, the emperor asked that Nicholas be freed. Nicholas was then fully reinstated as the Bishop of Myra.
The Council of Nicaea agreed with Nicholas' views, deciding the question against Arius. The work of the Council produced the Nicene Creed which to this day many Christians repeat weekly when they stand to say what they believe.

www.stnicholascenter.org...

I myself have determined, through a process of vigorous research, that the following is more true than Arius' argument and that indeed since God is love (for love to be love there must always be two or more), the son was always with the father and will remain with the father forever.

The Humbled and Exalted Christ

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~ Philippians 2:5-11
(Italics as it is written here)
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 10-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Eternal life rests at the center of balance between the yin/yang, light/dark, masculine/feminine, and so forth.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

Firstborn in Hebraisms means "chief" or "greatest born". David was also referred to as "firstborn" yet he was the youngest son of Jesse. Mr. Arius was not familiar with that particular Hebraism. But this really isn't about Arius' doctrine other than to point out that was the reason for the council. The books of the Bible had nothing to do with it.

edit on 10-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Did you get that from Wikipedia?

/E: Then again, of course they wouldn't want/let you know that they convened to determine what was or was not appropriate to be included in the Bible. That would make it obvious they were hiding something...
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The Arian 'heresy' is still a thorn in the side of Christianity, and if one believes that the word of Jesus is true,, then as Arius himself quoted, I quote here via Wiki.

Arius appealed to Scripture, quoting verses such as John 14:28: "the Father is greater than I". And also Colossians 1:15: "the firstborn of all creation."

Thus, Arius insisted that the Father's Divinity was greater than the Son's, and that the Son was under God the Father, and not co-equal or co-eternal with Him.

sounds scriptural to me,, if I was of a Christian bent.
It is obvious there is a lot that the Vatican could come clean too,, if open access was given to their library.
I am sure in the future more will come out given the nature of things.

God made it abundantly clear that only HE is to be worshipped in the Torah/Tenach.

Exodus 34:14-16

14 (for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God), 15 lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods and make sacrifice to their gods, and one of them invites you and you eat of his sacrifice, 16 and you take of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters play the harlot with their gods and make your sons play the harlot with their gods.

Elohim is very jealous with his name, neither will he share worship with another.

Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images

Yet Jesus was in fact worshipped, not as another God, for that violates the first commandment, but as the ONLY God.

Here's a list of versus where Jesus is worshipped:

John 20: 28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Hebrews 1:6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

Matthew 2:11 11 And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him

Matthew 8: 2 And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.”

Matthew 9:18 While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live.”

John 9:38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

Matthew 15:25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

The Father's Divinity is not greater than the Son's, They are equals because HE]/i] is the Holy One of Israel, that came in manflesh hidden amoungst us.

Philippians 2:5-11

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.

The Son is the holder of the Name above all names, that name is the name of Elohim and that makes him God.

Acts 12:21-23

21 So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them. 22 And the people kept shouting, “The voice of a god and not of a man!” 23 Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died.

Anyone else who takes God's glory other than he himself was struck down, as was Herod Antipas. Yet Jesus who took Glory, remained alive.
edit on 10-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In this way you will reach the fullness, the unity… How is that done? By union with each other and union within oneself…let perfect unity take the place of primitive dissociation and"division" …in other words, let the"outside" become as the"inside", the"upper" like the"lower", the male like the female; let the first become last and the last first: in short, let there be reunion of opposites…" ix “When you make the two one, you will become sons of Man and if you say: ‘Mountain, move!’, it will move."

-Taken from the Gospel of Thomas.

lol, what?

I presume that you lifted that text from here: Secrets of the Freemasons, Gothic Cathedrals, because it ain't from the Gospel of Thomas. Well, that last bit is (saying 106) but the rest of it is some random dualistic jabbering that a Gnostic might have said, but since the only place on the Internet that has the text "By union with each other and union within oneself" is your goofy Freemason page, I'm guessing not.

Sorry to pop your bubble, but Jesus never said that.

As for your OP, I've a new word for your vocabulary: Apophenia. Both script and symbols are geometric structures, so of course there is intersection. Doesn't mean that there's anything to it, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Keep looking; Jesus did in fact say that. Care to prove me wrong by providing the original Gospel of Thomas?

Since you would like to refer to that as a 'goofy freemason page', care to explain why the Author who has provided investigated and backed-up quotes, would make one up? I've checked a good majority of his quotes. They can be legitimized.

You are correct about it being similar to something a Gnostic would say; that's why all the Gnostic parts of the Bible were left out. True spirituality doesn't have a place in 'religion'.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Keep looking; Jesus did in fact say that. Care to prove me wrong by providing the original Gospel of Thomas?

Sure, knock yourself out: Gospel of Thomas. If you want the original Coptic text to translate it yourself, go here.

Since you would like to refer to that as a 'goofy freemason page', care to explain why the Author who has provided investigated and backed-up quotes, would make one up? I've checked a good majority of his quotes. They can be legitimized.

How am I supposed to know why he would do that?
I'm just telling you that he did -- that text didn't come out of Thomas.

You are correct about it being similar to something a Gnostic would say; that's why all the Gnostic parts of the Bible were left out.

They weren't "left out", they were never even considered for inclusion, because a) they were written long after the rest of the New Testament (apart from maybe 1/2 of the passages in Thomas) and b) they are representative of a different religion, so why would they be included? That makes about as much sense as incorporating books from the Koran in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

One wonders however, about what I would call the 12 emanations of the Magi, and if some of those streams might have been stamped out by a seek and destroy mission once the official cannon of the Bible was laid in stone. There was an inner INNER circle of secret wisdom teachings that Jesus initated his disciples into, where did that go?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

yeah,, but if he had really been serious about it,,

He would have Given Us ALL a Burning Bush Talking to....

I choose to not follow a Middle Eastern Doctrine mired in such Internal Turmoil.
All the Religions based there tend to be a bit too Patriarchal to my taste.

To Each his own.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Spirituality is more than mathematics.

Spirituality IS mathematics when the latter embodies the nature of God. It is the Divine mathematics of sacred geometry. Only this word is widely abused and misunderstood. People create pretty pictures (e.g., The Flower of Life) and call it "sacred geometry" without even understanding what the word 'sacred' means. It's laughable.
You will find true sacred geometry here.
It makes Stan Tenen's fantasies and speculations look like a high school kid's homework.
You all need to understand that there is a profound connection between sacred number and sacred geometry.
The linked website reveals it. The beauty of this interface is beyond your wildest dreams. Discovering it will send you into ecstacy.
If you make the effort....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
From all these arguments it is possible to deduce that the fact humanity has been instrumental in adding their own EGO to religious scriptures whether they were originally untainted words of 'God' or not, the very fact that these are tainted with human ego has inevitably brought confusion to those who believe their every word. There are many contradictory stories and so called information in the interpretation of bibles that if a person were to read every word they would be questioning the nature of some or a lot of these words due to human error.

Imagine baking a pie that was supposedly pure in ingredients made to infuse the eater of the pie with pure wisdom, though the person stirring the mix wasn't pure of thought and deed, in effect they tainted the pie. Furthermore they seen the possibility of being able to infuse wisdom as a right they didn't own nor were they qualified to do so, but their ego wouldn't allow correct reasoning in determining the correct path of wisdom and correct action.

Now humanity is faced with having taken the wrong path and is suffering.

Let's hope there is an opening to the correct path and that those of egotistical nature give up their erroneous path for the greater good.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Sure, knock yourself out: Gospel of Thomas. If you want the original Coptic text to translate it yourself, go here.

How am I supposed to know why he would do that?
I'm just telling you that he did -- that text didn't come out of Thomas.

You are correct about it being similar to something a Gnostic would say; that's why all the Gnostic parts of the Bible were left out.

They weren't "left out", they were never even considered for inclusion, because a) they were written long after the rest of the New Testament (apart from maybe 1/2 of the passages in Thomas) and b) they are representative of a different religion, so why would they be included? That makes about as much sense as incorporating books from the Koran in the Bible.

I'm going to work from the bottom up on this. Gnosticism was based primarily on the Kabbalah, which was the mystical aspects of Judaism. Yahweh/Allah, is considered to be the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God is he not?

en.wikipedia.org...

They were indeed left out, because the alternative would have been to embrace the esotericism and spirituality that Christianity tries so desperately to keep away from the masses.

You know, Judge Judy has a saying; If it doesn't make sense, it's not true. It does not make sense that the author would provide a host of legitimate quotes that can be verified and then completely make one up. You are simply not looking hard enough.

Sorry to say; but that page doesn't even cover the Gospel of Thomas.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join