It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Plymouth uk just now.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi.first time to comment on this site,even though im on all the time so better say hello.i live in exeter,i doubt if ill see anything,but im going for a cig so will keep an eye out.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
ISS Just passed over the UK. [url=http://www.heavens-above.com...

2nd

Not over, should have typed visible

edit on 9-8-2012 by weedev because: Inaccurate description...

Out of curiosity how fast does that thing appear to travel across the sky ? Me and my mate saw a very bright light at what appeared to be high altitude last weekend. I assumed it was ISS, it was travelling South to North and took about 5 minutes to go from horizon to horizon,

I see these on regular basis out my back garden when the sky is clear most go west to east and the odd few go north to south their always high uo and very bright travelling quite slow. I've always assumed they're satelites and such.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Thread closed I suppose.
Thanks to everyone that contributed.
Sorry that it was a wet blanket, but I wanted to bring it to the forum just in case.
Maybe next time ey?

On the contrary, a post like yours is a heads up..I haven't figured out the blueness though, the satellite reflects the sun, which is white, and all the colours.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We saw it here in Wiltshire too, I have no idea if it was the ISS but whatever it was it lit up the sky above it too. It took about a couple of minutes to cross above us. At one point it seemed to stop then it swerved slightly and changed direction.
We actually lit a lantern just to check wind directions and to see how different it looked. The lantern floated off in the opersite direction and was orange in colour while this was bright white with a bright halo all round it. Whatever it was it was really cool

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
around 10:30-11 ish i saw the ISS pass over NW UK
it was very bright tonight and a very clear calm night
not seen any of the meteor shower tho
any one have an idea of which way to look and time to see the shower please?
NW UK

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
around 10:30-11 ish i saw the ISS pass over NW UK
it was very bright tonight and a very clear calm night

Originally posted by GezinhoKikonot seen any of the meteor shower tho
any one have an idea of which way to look and time to see the shower please?
NW UK

North east starting 11th Aug

2nd

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

The Perseids are the main shower that peak around the next couple of days. The meteors will appear across various parts of the sky however many of their apparent source will seem to track back to the constellation Perseus. Perseus is, currently, rising from the East North East.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Totally gutted clearly I saw the ISS, sigh flipping IFO's get on my last nerve

Second line and another weary sigh..

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
To OP:

What a coincidence, I saw my first one ever at the age of 30 as well like 2 months ago, I was in the town called Beer on the Jurassic Coast which is very close to Plymouth, I was campin with some friends.

It must have been around 1-2am, at first I was wondering if it was a satellite or not, it was a white dot... even then I thought it was probably bigger than most satellites because the skies were so clear.

But suddenly it stopped and it seemed to shoot up towards the blackness of space and dissapeared in literally a fraction of a second.... I have always believed that UFO's can travel through dimensions so I'd rather say it moved to another dimension instead of travelling at ludicrous speed...

If I had to guess I'd say it was 500ft round and it must have been travelling really fast before it dissapeared.... it was coming from an East origin, heading West...

I always look at the sky and see things, but can always identify them, this is the first truly "wtf was that?" moment I have ever had.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
ISS Just passed over the UK. [url=http://www.heavens-above.com...

2nd

Not over, should have typed visible

edit on 9-8-2012 by weedev because: Inaccurate description...

After googling ISS sightings and looking at images I'm disappointed to say that explains what I saw a few years ago, I had no answer back then but plenty of images show the 'glow' around it..

Thanks for this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No worries to everyone disappointed about it being ISS. Seeing ISS is pretty amazing in itself.

Learning what it looks like at different times, how it disappear into the Earth's shadow, how it's sometimes brighter looking at some observable times than others due to atmospheric conditions and/or viewing angle through atmosphere is all part of the fun.

It's also quite very common for people to mistake a satellite, the ISS included, for a UFO.
People will often mistake Venus, or Jupiter for an UFO too.
It happens.

There's even groups of people that will sell you tickets for hundreds of $, quid, ducats, Euros, or whatever you got to take you out on a dark night to flash lasers at the sky to see "UFOs" where in reality, they're just showing you satellites, and you've paid to see them.

Consider yourself wiser.
I've stared at the sky all my life since a child and I've yet to see a UFO, not one.
It'd be nice to see one, but, it would also seem that the more educated you are about what is in the sky, the less likely you are to see a UFO, if that makes sense.

Until something zigs and zags at speeds doing maneuvers beyond all known aircraft, gets close enough to be identifiable as unidentifiable, or lands in front of me to come in for tea and a chat, I'm doubtful i'll ever see one myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It was without a doubt the ISS, great isn't it, much brighter than most satellites.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Iridium flares are the best thing if you can track them, a few good sites, and Stellarium offer the utilities to do so.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

You get a star from me for not being another closed minded soul... well done for being man enough to admit what you saw was not what we all hoped for - if only more people were like you!

(maybe next time though!)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I was in the St Judes area of Plymouth last night and saw a chinese lantern heading from north to south. heading out towards the plymstock area. Typical orange glow moving steadily. Not saying what you saw was a lantern...just an FYI :-)
edit on 10/8/12 by Ashishin_no1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A week or so ago my brother spotted a light like you describe in Aberdeen.Like your sighting the I.S.S. was due to pass that night,only problem was he saw it about one a.m. and the I.S.S. wasn't due to pass until about three.
A.T.S. member Minto started a thread about it,he lives about thirty miles from Aberdeen.Strange.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lastcardfalling

Hey last card falling I hope you enjoyed your cig

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xality
To OP:

What a coincidence, I saw my first one ever at the age of 30 as well like 2 months ago, I was in the town called Beer on the Jurassic Coast which is very close to Plymouth, I was campin with some friends.

It must have been around 1-2am, at first I was wondering if it was a satellite or not, it was a white dot... even then I thought it was probably bigger than most satellites because the skies were so clear.

But suddenly it stopped and it seemed to shoot up towards the blackness of space and dissapeared in literally a fraction of a second.... I have always believed that UFO's can travel through dimensions so I'd rather say it moved to another dimension instead of travelling at ludicrous speed...

If I had to guess I'd say it was 500ft round and it must have been travelling really fast before it dissapeared.... it was coming from an East origin, heading West...

I always look at the sky and see things, but can always identify them, this is the first truly "wtf was that?" moment I have ever had.

Sounds good
Of course I know the Jurassic coast, and I wish I had been lucky enough to be there and see what you saw.
I am a avid sky watcher. Adoration of Nuit and UFO searching is a hobby for us ATS'rs.

Like Druscila said you gaze up and hope but the chances of seeing a real UFO are pretty slim.

Oh ISS you bugger, propper spoiled my fun last night.

Thanks for all the replies everybody, and keep looking up! Im sure some ships'll be coming from the Dog Star some time soon !!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashishin_no1

Nah I dont think mine was lantern I quite often see lanterns in Stoke too, this one was higher brighter and whiter blue in its glow. A stunning sight and a fast mover. The ISS so im told

I wonder where you buy chinese lantern in Plymouth city center 'cos plenty of people get their hands on them in this fair city... I want some!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
reply to post by Lagrimas

You get a star from me for not being another closed minded soul... well done for being man enough to admit what you saw was not what we all hoped for - if only more people were like you!

(maybe next time though!)

Thanks for the complement.

When I saw it I was at a bus stop and I pulled my Android camera out right away pointed it at the sky zoomed in, but got nothing.

I thought about posting, and then put my phone in my pocket 'cos I know what aliens Forum is getting like and no pictures or didnt happen is practically like a cult religious rule round these parts

But then I thought, ah **** it, what if someone else gets to see it!! I dont wanna spoil someone else's chance at excitement!!! So I posted and yea someone on a better PC did the research... Nothing wrong with that, and not afraid to admit when Im wrong.

If it aint a UFO then its an identified object and we can all move on, isnt that what being an ATS'rs all about enjoy life, but deny ignorance!!

Last night we shared in denying ignorance, as ateam, a team of UFO Sherlock Holmsers. hehe.

Glad to be a part of it with my ATS chums!!
edit on 10-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by Lagrimas because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join