It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Michael Moore sway voters?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would say that if they did they are very ignorant of the facts. I mean come on, I bet you guys are glad he is pro-Kerry. he would have a field day with Kerry!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wasn't aware Moore was pro-Kerry, just anti-Bush. Anyway, I know a guy who became even more against Bush as a result of Moore's film. In particular, he didn't like the relationship between the Bush family and the Saudis. And the footage of when Jeb Bush and George Bush were in a plane together prior to the election and saying "Yea, we're going to win Florida."

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
And the footage of when Jeb Bush and George Bush were in a plane together prior to the election and saying "Yea, we're going to win Florida."

And?

He did win Florida? After all the recounts and hanging chads from idiot voters, he still won, without the military absentee vote that Gore ahd supressed, HE STILL WON!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And? LOL. I am just telling you what the guy didn't like. I've never seen it. Frankly, I didn't like it either and it seemed very suspicious. He also told about a part when a lot of Black senators were trying to talk to Al Gore about all the uncounted votes of their largely black demographic. Oddly enough, Gore told them to stop talking.

Vote Badnarik.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know about a dozen Bush supporters who were swayed into Kerry, or undecided after seeing the movie. The problem is most people will not research a subject and in turn they take it at face value. So Yes, I believe he will be able to sway voters. I know some he has.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Gore told them to stop talking.

Vote Badnarik.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

I find that one funny m8!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was at my favorite video store the other day. A woman in there said that the MM movie was REALLY worth seeing. She couldn't believe all the things she learned in the movie, like everything was THE truth. Her eyes actually got big.
(Geez, she may be a candidite for ATS...and get the real story on things!!)

I can't say whether it would affect her vote. But, she has to be one among many who think this movie was factual.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well that just shows how easliy folks are swayed. that is why one needs to see both sidesof the story!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not really sure why Ann Coulter keeps getting brought up. I have not seen anyone on this thread defend her and quite honestly I think I've only seen her on T.V. one time so I don't know much about her.

Michael Moore may get his 'facts' from the newspaper, but let me give you an example of what he does to those facts. I believe it was the NY Times or WA Post that first mentioned Bush's vacation time. In the newspaper article it said that 45% of Bush's first however many months in office was spent on vacation ... they went on to mention that time was not solely vacation but they added travel time to and from locations, working holidays, time spent at Camp David where he is fully able to work, AND weekends. That added up to about 45%. However, if you took out all of those working holidays, weekends, etc. His actual vacation time only amounted to 13%. Moore failed to mention that fact. (Coincidentally, 13% is the amount of time that Kerry has spent DOING his Senatorial job this year so I guess using Michael Moores own logic that would mean that it would be accurate to say that he has been on vacation 77% of the time).

Anyway, Michael Moore may use reputible sources for his movies, but he neglects to give all of the facts and twists things around to make them appear much more vicious than they are. It's pretty disgusting to be so misleading and to think that you are doing people a favor by doing so.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I'm not really sure why Ann Coulter keeps getting brought up. I have not seen anyone on this thread defend her and quite honestly I think I've only seen her on T.V. one time so I don't know much about her.

Jemison

Well she is a guest on Hannity and Colmes a lot. She is VERY vocal about anti-liberal causes. I think she is liberal

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Michael Moore may get his 'facts' from the newspaper,...
Anyway, Michael Moore may use reputible sources for his movies, but he neglects to give all of the facts and twists things around to make them appear much more vicious than they are. It's pretty disgusting to be so misleading and to think that you are doing people a favor by doing so.

Jemison

It has been my eaxperience that if you have first-hand knowledge of an event and then later read it in the paper, you will find that the fact of the event and the reporting of it vary greatly. You may not even recognize the event as one you witnessed.
If Moore gets his stuff from print media, it is most likely even less truthful than we suspect.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Which is why it is an even scarier thought that there are Americans out there that are willing to take his movie at it's word rather than look into these 'facts' for themselves.

And those that believe every word of Fahrenheit 9/11 seem to be adamently opposed to sitting down and watching Fahrenhype 9/11. I guess they are afraid that they might end up discovering that Moore was full of it so they would rather just keep their eyes closed to anything other than Moores garbage.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Have any of you even seen the movie?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

Which film? 'hype or 'heit? - lol

Personally...I've seen Fahrenheit several times...I don't think I need an anti-Moore film on his anti-Bush falsehoods however to learn fact from fiction...IMO I think it's all "hype" for someone to make an anti film to disprove an anti film...

I'll use my own judgement and reasoning...To claim that Moore is 100% BS is a lie, but to worship him is equally disturbing....I suggest people find a "nice happy place" somewhere in between...on their own....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by goose

Which film? 'hype or 'heit? - lol

Personally...I've seen Fahrenheit several times...I don't think I need an anti-Moore film on his anti-Bush falsehoods however to learn fact from fiction...IMO I think it's all "hype" for someone to make an anti film to disprove an anti film...

I'll use my own judgement and reasoning...To claim that Moore is 100% BS is a lie, but to worship him is equally disturbing....I suggest people find a "nice happy place" somewhere in between...on their own....

I was taking about the film Fahrenheit 911 since most of the people here trashing it don't seem to have seen it, some of them even seem a little afraid to see it. I do not worship Moore, as a matter of fact I even went online and searched to make sure his facts are facts and they are. A lot of his facts have been investigated by the 911 commission and they hold up (when the 911 commission investigated the events of 911 a lot of what Moore says is proven)
I think the one thing that the republicans don't like is how in the film Moore points out the close ties of the Bush family and the Saudi royalty and the Bin Laden family. This is something that Bush knows might hurt him it does not look good. It does not look good that 15 of the 19 terrorists are Saudi but yet we sent the royal family and the Bin Ladens that were here home without the first question. Tell me EOH do you think if one of your family members killed over 3000 people, that the FBI wouldn't knock on your door with a few questions. Of course the 911 commission said that most of the money that financed 911 came from Saudi Arabia, shocker. I think people are afraid to see the movie that dearly love Bush and voted for him and want to vote for him again. The thing is they should see the movie and investigate it themselves, they should investigate the facts, they should not listen to Moore or the guy who wrote the 59 deceits but they should go for the facts and not the spin from either person.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join