It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by network dude

What a joke, the guy who hangs out with other people in dark and dank buildings with no windows is calling us a cult? What could you be hiding in there away from prying eyes Luciferian? You pay dues, so don't pick on people who tithe. Same damn thing but with a different name. Teapot meet kettle.

wait, so it pisses you off to have your group called a cult? Hmmmm.

Pot, meet Pot, then kettle is standing by.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Murgatroid

Way to take quotes out of context. Do you mind quoting the rest of that article? I love how people admit to religion being controlled by the Illuminati, and then use the Bible to back-up the whole idea of Satanism....Christianity is no exclusion in the 'religion' category. The Bible is being used as the foundation for the most corrupted religion of all, how could this not apply?

There is a trend I have noticed with those who call Christianity false. They call the Bible corrupt, but then use the Bible to prove the premise. In one breath, the entire thing is wrong, and in the other they use the very word to demonstrate their premise. Apart from taking the Word of God as His Word, there is no platform to rest any other conclusion. Here is an example. The Illumination: The Secret Religion

This guy has an interesting approach until you get to the bottom. The further down the page you go, the more twisted he gets with the Word of God. He falsifies the word, then uses it to confirm HIS conclusions. This is a good example of nearly all works of Theosophy.

QUOTE:

-----------------------
"That's exactly right, Paul. Your preaching was in vain, and the faith of all Christians is in vain. And the biggest irony of all was that the Gospels themselves contained the proof. Resurrection is a ludicrous and false teaching that leads everyone who believes in it far from truth and enlightenment. The Eastern religions were sufficiently wise not to fall into this deadly error.

The most commonly accepted theory of resurrection asserts that we have one immaterial soul and one material body. Death kills the physical body, but the soul, being immortal, survives. On the day of resurrection, the body is fully restored.

The alternative theory is that the soul and body die together and both are restored together i.e. in this theory the soul isn't immortal because it dies with the body, but, like the body, it can be fully brought back to life. Once body and soul are restored they are both immortal from that point onwards.

The theory of resurrection is, actually, incredibly complicated when it is studied properly, and many simplistic assumptions have to be cast aside. The standard version of resurrection theory can be challenged straight away by asking why is a body needed at all for the immortal, immaterial soul i.e. what actual function is served by bodily resurrection?

Most Christians have no idea of the confusion that exists in resurrection theory. For example, they are completely unable to say what the difference is between the Last Judgment and the "Particular" Judgment."
-----------------

The trend in Theosophy is to deny Christ at all costs. That tells me all I need to know about their source of inspiration.

edit on 10-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

Only one problem with this little statement. 'Satan' and Lucifer, are not the same person, unlike most of you have been lead to believe.

Yes they are. Satan's original hebrew name was Heylel. His sins were pride and vanity. He thought he could replace Hayah but Hayah threw him down. There is only one light bearer and it is not Satan. Satan tried to pretend he was the light bearer. His whole name is Heylel ben Shachar, in hebrew it means "Crescent moon and Star" and the Mystery Babylon religions he created to cast doubt on Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) are what lead me to his name which is hinted at in Isaiah 14. Allah = Crescent moon, Bright and Morning star = Catholic Mary. Islam and Catholicism are 2 of the Mystery Babylon religions. The Whore that Rides the Beast in Revelation 17 is Heylel ben Shachar. The Beast is the Empire he controls.

3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

The Meaning of the Woman and the Beast
7 But the angel said to me, “Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.

Revelation 19:9-11 is a timeline given so that we who belong to Messiah Yeshua will know the times we live in so we can be ready. The word "Woman" or "Women" in prophetic language actually refers to religion(s). So we see a religion that sits on 7 mountains or heads. In prophetic language mountains means kingdoms or empires. At the time Revelation was written 5 of the heads had fallen. These are the 5 empires Israel ran afoul of since the decendants of Jacob became a nations. The first 5 are Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Medo-Persia and Greece. The current head of the Beast at the time John wrote Revelation was the Roman/H.R.E. (was the Beast that is in John's time) the 6th head. The next empire Israel ran afoul of was the 7th head and it had not yet come and it would be Muhammad's Islamic Caliphate/Ottoman empire and the Ottoman empire lasted for 1300+ years until it recieved a mortal wound in 1924 and ended. The 8th head of the Beast that is of the 7 will be the revived Islamic Caliphate is the Beast that was and is not and is going into perdition. We are in the time period between the 7th and 8th heads called the Time of Sorrows. The goings on in the M.E. right now is the beginning of the resurrection of the Islamic Caliphate, the 7th head of the Beast will survive it's mortal wound and be resurrected.

The muslim brotherhood was created in 1925 to resurrect the fallen Caliphate, now in the M.E. we see the MB flipping and gaining control of many nations, Lybia, Egypt, soon to be Syria and many more they got control of in the Arab Spring. The 8th head of the Beast is rising now and the Tribulation is about to begin.

Here are the Mystery religions Heylel created to obscure and confuse those looking for the Messiah since the great flood to now:

Heylel ben Shachar, Crescent moongod Allah and his wife Mary "Bright and Morning star"

Notice how all the nations God punishes in the future prophetic chapters of the OT during the End of Days are all currently held by Muslim? Less than 100 years after the 7th head fell, the 8th head arises.
edit on 10-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't understand why Christians need to be warned.

It smells like the sort of situation where someone hisses, "The boss is coming! Quick, look productive!"

Which, again, brings the ring of hypocrisy to the fore.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't understand why Christians need to be warned.

It smells like the sort of situation where someone hisses, "The boss is coming! Quick, look productive!"

Which, again, brings the ring of hypocrisy to the fore.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You do not know anything about the bible because you don't read it, and even if you did read it you wouldn't understand it because you do not believe. We're not worried about the King coming, that's a day we long for. The only thing that brings the ring of hypocrisy to the fore is how you talk about the bible but have never actually read it. So, my advice to you is to think before you speak lest you cause yourself to look even more foolish than you already have.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You do not know anything about the bible because you don't read it, and even if you did read it you wouldn't understand it because you do not believe.

I don't need to read the Bible to know it is highly illogical. Check my threads, if you don't believe me. All I have to do is listen to sermons, read the quotes you very conveniently shove in my face, and know the basic platform for Christianity, as well as what they ask of you. I've been to church. I've tasted of the "kool aid". I know where I'm coming from, where Christianity comes from, and my understanding is exactly where my disgust originates. Similar to slavery...I've never experienced it, but I've read the whole history of it, and how mankind can do that to its own brother, is completely beyond me. Just like Christianity.

We're not worried about the King coming, that's a day we long for. The only thing that brings the ring of hypocrisy to the fore is how you talk about the bible but have never actually read it.

I've read the Bible...to a point. I've read to about the middle of it, I think. It was one of THE most boring books I've ever laid eyes on.

So, my advice to you is to think before you speak lest you cause yourself to look even more foolish than you already have.

The only people who think I look foolish are the ones who drink from the same cup as you.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The trend in Theosophy is to deny Christ at all costs. That tells me all I need to know about their source of inspiration.

As a theosophist, I can tell you right now, you're absurd. I don't seek to deny JESUS (not Christ...that's not his last name, that came later, if you knew your history at all) I admire the character's work. His existence or fabrication is neither here nor there, because his life lessons in either case are something we can all learn from. However, that's as far as it goes.

I am of the firm conviction that it is up to US to keep the world safe, not Jesus. He is not going to fall from the sky. You guys take that s**t way too literally...extremely obtuse, for a species with such intelligence. It's like you CHOOSE to be dumb.

Anyway, we don't seek to deny Jesus. We seek to deny your DEPENDENCE on him. There's a difference between looking to him for examples, and relying on him to save this planet. Is that clear enough?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You and i will never be on the same page so it is a pointless waste of time and an excersice in futility for you or i to waste energy corresponding.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And here's my big question. If the Bible is so absolute, and so undeniably the word of God, and so clearly the one and only answer to the universe...

Why in the hell is ther emore than one version, more than one religion, more than one denomination, and just so much CONFUSION as to the validity and reasoning of it?

Hell, our Constitution causes less confusion than the Bible. Funny how that works, eh? God writes something, we spend 2,000 years trying to decrypt it and rewrite it. Mankind writes something, and it's crystal from day one.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I seek knowledge.

I believe in and follow the teaching sof Jesus Christ. I do not deny that, nor is my search of knowledge in any way a form of denial. I just simply cannot believe that everyone must follow the exact same dogma that organized religion shackles its followers with.

IF we are divinely created, and given intelligence and curiosity, is it not our charge... our right... to seek and search for answers? What about using our minds scares so many Christians? I've had this very same argument with my Father for the past few months, and he tells me he relies on blind faith.

What good is faith without it being tested?

Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

If that scripture there isn't a call for us to go forth and seek the truth, than I don't know what is.

Don't fear the unknown!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Satan's name was not Heylel. It was ha-satan, we have been over this in a previous thread, which refers to a common noun, not a proper noun like a person. Heylel was translated to the latin Lucifer. Lucifer the Lightbearer, and ha-satan are not the same person, nor does the bible even confirm such a thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I am hoping that one day you will actually listen to me, instead of clinging to your faith and hoping that it will give you everything you need.

Faith alone is not enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I'll take this as proof that lonewolf adamantly refuses to listen to me despite not having a clue what he's on about.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I agree with Infinity. Denying 'Jesus Christ' is definitely one of the most absurd things I have ever heard attributed to Theosophists on top of 'Satan' worship. A) His name was not Jesus, and nor was his last name Christ. Christ actually came from the greek christos, which in turn came from the sanskrit krista. Krista was used as one of the names of Krishna in Hindu prayers. Scholars have actually debated whether Jesus spent time in Tibet and India.

As for Jesus, the letter J didn't even exist in Hebrew. We don't deny 'Jesus Christ', we just don't accept him as our 'savior'. Most Theosophists consider him to be an Ascended Master that we can learn from, much like Buddha or Confucius.

I really must protest, these ideas are ridiculous that are attributed to those of us who enjoy studying the arcane wisdom.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Most Theosophists consider him to be an Ascended Master that we can learn from, much like Buddha or Confucius.

This. Right here.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

In one breath, the entire thing is wrong, and in the other they use the very word to demonstrate their premise.

How do you prove to a child that fire is dangerous without showing them the fire?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Curious that God smites just about every non-believer he comes into contact with during the Old Testament; yet that attitude is nowhere to be seen in the New Testament.

Now that I think about it, when was the last time God really did some smiting?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Now that you think about it, when was the last time "God" was ever really nice, purely for being nice?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Way to take quotes out of context. Do you mind quoting the rest of that article?

No I don't mind, but the mods might, quoting the entire article would violate ATS T&C:

...if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

"It doesn't matter which 3 paragraphs or if they are even complete paragraphs. There is NO PROBLEM grabbing and quoting several sentences and seperating them like you illustrate."

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
...please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion.

Respect Content: Please refrain from pasting very-large portions of content from other sites, simply paste a relevant snippet and link.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

If that scripture there isn't a call for us to go forth and seek the truth, than I don't know what is.

Don't fear the unknown!!!

be looking for that quote sometime in your very near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join