It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Bummer, i live in Yuma, AZ and was hoping for beach front property! We have lots of beach but no water!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

The thought of Californians migrating into Arizona would be scary. It would turn Arizona into a welfare state.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ryan2s

Wow you are right about the activity. Tons of quakes still going on right now. The last one was less than an hour ago. Great link I didn't know about that live map!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Lol sorry sweetpea
Unless there is some MASSIVE erosion that takes place in a short period of time out in ol' Cali, you will just have to pretend there is water out there covering your beach in Yuma

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I really hop California doesn't ever get "The Big One." I dislike California for personal reasons, but I really hope they will be ok.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I wouldn't go to Arizona. Perhaps Nevada. Arizona is a no thank you. Unless of coarse the ocean front really did move to your state. California is the only state I know of that you can surf, and snowboard in the same day.
It would be a shame if it did "fall into the ocean" but that isn't going to happen. Could you imagine if it did the amount of people who would loot underwater if it did??? People would be searching for Beverly Hills underwater and collecting all kinds of valuables.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by ryan2s

Wow you are right about the activity. Tons of quakes still going on right now. The last one was less than an hour ago. Great link I didn't know about that live map!

Yesterday as the quakes were happening throughout the day, they started at the top of the "ring of fire" then slowly progressed south. I mean, I am not an expert by any means, but it looked strange to me the way the activity was moving...kind of like a pattern. I don't know. It could mean nothing at all, but that's what I noticed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Hmmm...sorry I know you said personal reasons, but can I have a hint. Traffic, pollution, tourists, if your inland So Cali heat in the summer like today 107°, illegal immigrants everywhere, those are just a few that come to mind that are not personal. LOL, but no really I love So Cal. I wont stay here forever, but when I leave looking back I will be glad I lived here and hopefully just as glad I left.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Not to sound overly snarky here, but why do people continue to live in SoCal?

If the wildfires don't get your house the mudslides will if you live in the hills. It's a fire dependent ecosystem, many of the seeds need fire to germinate.

And we know that in the 1600's a giant tsunami washed inland over 70 miles.

Between the fires, the mudslides, the earthquakes and the very real tsunami threat, why?

Sure the weather is always nice, but LA was and is a desert. It takes 40 gallons of water per day for each palm tree, not to mention all the lawns and golf courses.

I saw a guy on the news last year crying because it was the 3rd time he had lost his house in the last 15 years.

I'm sorry, but I had a hard time feeling sympathy for him.

If I build a new house on a snowbank every winter I shouldn't get bailed out in spring when my foundation melts.

California is a big state. Lots of things happen here. Put the physical events that happen in Indiana, Oklahoma and...pick a third state around there, together, and you would probably surpass California in weather related events alone.

Where do you get your information? 40 gallons a day for a palm tree? Give me a break. And the guy who's house burnt down 3 times? Do you think we all lose our houses to fires out here? If you don't live here, you shouldn't spout off about a state you really don't know.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sunday 11:11am August 12th

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Darn, guess i will have to cancell that ebay order for the houseboat!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4572696320436f6f6d626573

Oh yeah? Reason? I see you picked a name you are sure to remember to be a life long member here. Is that you Eric?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 4572696320436f6f6d626573

What?....No introduction?
You joined just to tell us that?

And you know this how?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 4572696320436f6f6d626573

LOL Mr. Eric Coombes and your hex code. It does no good for you to post your time and date without explaination because people who were not in the "tsunami" forum yesterday have no idea what you are talking about. If you must, feel free to start your own thread regarding your cousin's prediction.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Oh yeah? Reason? I see you picked a name you are sure to remember to be a life long member here. Is that you Eric?

LMAO...you know its him!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Link

This thread is interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Link

This thread is interesting.

We know!!! They closed it because you ruined that entire thread!! Just sayin....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FranciPants1228

OMG i thought that too as soon as i say his "name". to bad they closed the thread yesterday just becuase of him.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Do you guys think that HAARP is causing all of this unusual earthquake activity.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join