It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Freedoms That Destroy American's Freedoms !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have been following events in The USA and beyond for that matter. Events that have a clear cut negative effect on The American People and the people of the world. I am not claiming to be a "God of Love" Far from it. I don't have the right or the time to make decisions on your lives. But I have a right to protect my own values.

When I look at the world around me and see the pathetic waste and deep rooted hate for simply saying you believe in God. I can't seem to love my fellow man or woman in a way that my heart tells me God would want me to.
I have to share this with you because I totally agree with it and it "Hits an issue" that I see and feel in my soul to possibly be the truth and at the very least is "Food for Thought" Here is a part of the article.

I know I may get a ton of crap for what I am going to say. I care, but, none the less, I think this needs to be said. I will admit it's a little late in coming but if nothing else I want to admit before you and the world my take on the biggest little mistake that America ( The Home ) of Americans ever made. Before I continue, I want to be on the record for saying, I don't blame anyone but those who have little understanding. Yes, morons. Those who are so busy saying yes that they have forgotten the word "no".

So what am I saying? Freedom is more than doing whatever you want or decide upon. The truth sets a person free. The truth sets all humanity free. It's not found by simply not telling a lie. Freedom is a blessing and it is a killer.

Here is a link to the full article
www.heavencanbefound.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well I guess there are not too many people with an opinion on this..

I wonder if most people even realize what life would be like without true inherent freedoms.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So anyone who doesn't think like you is wrong..... yep that's pretty american.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

You say,,,,

So anyone who doesn't think like you is wrong..... yep that's pretty american.

Where did you see me say that anyone who doesn't think like me is wrong in this thread?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
See unlike most people I actually read and critically think about the source material people post in their OP's. And the source material you posted made it quite clear that if other people have different values or think differently from you they are "destroying american freedoms."

You make it quite clear that you endorse this way of thinking in your OP and quite frankly it's sickening to me.

American Freedoms are GREAT Period Dot End of story!

It's political fractiousness in the name of divide and conquer, and people trying to get unfair advantages on their fellow man that are costing us our freedoms not people being ok with gay rights.

I find it sickening that you are in essence supporting a way of thinking designed to blame the victim.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Care to show me what your talking about or are you going to just continue to ramble on like a mental case? Your a smart guy, You should act it . If you can't show what you base your accusations on, other than your opinions, you need to tone down your critical and attention getting behavior. It sends a red flag to people who are thinking "Normally" .. You seem deep set with bitterness and hateful in your manners.

Did you ever serve? I have honorably.
You now have earned my full attention.

( E.ON U. ) 1146 c@12o00

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

You write about American Freedoms while at the same time you inject this:

When I look at the world around me and see the pathetic waste and deep rooted hate for simply saying you believe in God.

Do you wish to debate with atheists, or debate American freedoms?

If we're talking American freedoms, there is a thing called separation of church and state. So, a god shouldn't even enter the conversation.

If you want an atheist point of view, we consider the idea of a biblical god, and/or a perfect god, as childish as dragons and witches and ghouls... So, yes, when a grown adult wants to tell me they believe in a biblical god, I cringe.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well hello. I think we need to slow down and have an understanding here. You said,,

You write about American Freedoms while at the same time you inject this:

Your quoting me when I said,,,

When I look at the world around me and see the pathetic waste and deep rooted hate for simply saying you believe in God.

I was expressing 2 separate thoughts there. # 1 Pathetic waste of life by the waste of trying to dominate a free soul/person in life by those who seek power over all people. Governments, corporations and whoever is guilty of it.

# 2 - I can only speak from one side of a two sided coin, and that is as believer in a higher power. From my side it is becoming almost criminal to say you believe in god. But just as important is the fact from your side of the coin you have every right to not believe. in essence you are allowed the same freedom as me, right?

I don't care if your an atheist. Your freedom allows you to believe or dis-believe what you choose.
So to close on this issue. I have every right to say what my experience is, as a believer, without being pounced on don't I ? This has nothing to do with Church and State. Or does it? The issue Church and State was to protect people from having to follow a religious structure dictated by the Government over them. In this country it's headed that direction. The Government has a religion.
As far as you asking me,,,,

Do you wish to debate with atheists, or debate American freedoms?

I will debate whatever you want. I didn't start the thread for a debate on Atheism or American Freedoms. I started the thread because The American Government is taking away the freedoms of the people that it has sworn to protect. That's a fact and there is no debate. By the way I never mentioned a "Biblical God" did I ?
Nor did I say Atheists make me cringe. Is there anything I missed here?

Thanks for your opinions..
edit on 20-8-2012 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I have every right to say what my experience is, as a believer, without being pounced on don't I ?

LOL Believe me, I'm not arguing (as in fighting) with you. I'm just offering my opinion, for whatever it's worth, or not worth.

There are two sections to your above statement.
1. I have every right to say what my experience is, as a believer
Yes! You definitely do!

2. without being pounced on don't I ?
No. lol This is implying that other people don't have a right to verbally and vehementally oppose your statement.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well now that we got that out of the way. What was the thread about again

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well now that we got that out of the way. What was the thread about again

Honestly, I still don't know. If you provided a link in your op, I guess I'm going to have to go click on it. Darn you for making me study!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

UGH! I have to wait a minute for my eyes to clear from all those blinding colors on the link!

Why do I get the impression that you think the law won't let you kick people out of your home? People can say anything they want in public, but your home is still your castle. If you don't like what's being said in your own home, by all means, kick away!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have to tell you I have no clue where you got that from. Thanks for your contributions..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I have to tell you I have no clue where you got that from. Thanks for your contributions..

What??? is that your link? Did you write what is on that other site? Didn't you write:

But hey, they have the right, don't they? NO - Not in my home.

????

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I said I don't know where you got your statement from because you said,,

Why do I get the impression that you think the law won't let you kick people out of your home? People can say anything they want in public, but your home is still your castle. If you don't like what's being said in your own home, by all means, kick away!

Now your quoting from the article ,,

But hey, they have the right, don't they? NO - Not in my home.

I think you are taking the comment out of context. I took it to mean America allowing anybody and everybody in it's borders. Even enemies.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

We have allowed ourselves to become whatever the world wants to throw at us. If you're homosexual, no problem. Atheist, come on down. Communist ,sure, the very God you make fun of and disbelieve in , you blame and say he created you like this. You want to walk all over people and build your empire on the backs of other's sorrow? Then we have just what you need and if we don't , we will get it. If you want to be angry at those who have traditional beliefs, then stomp your feet and cry foul and in no time at all the very things that made the men great who founded and wrote The Constitution will be meaningless and yes, we will get presidents from the same garbage can that destroy the freedoms of the only people that will or could preserve freedom.

Now I have quite a few problems with this entire concept that you seem to be pimping in this thread.

NO it's not your RIGHT to be hateful towards homosexuals and expect them to just take it. They have every right to fight back and fight for the rights everyone else gets by default just for being BORN.

NO it's not your RIGHT to muzzle (communists) or anyone else who disagrees with you. That's not the American way. Instead it's your RIGHT and DUTY to oppose the ideas you consider to be dangerous with logic and a quick wit. It's your RIGHT to educate and wheedle and even whine if you have to to try to get your point across but I REPEAT it is NOT YOUR RIGHT TO MUZZLE ANYONE!

NO it's not your RIGHT to muzzle those who believe differently than you do. Once again it is your RIGHT to do your best to EDUCATE and ILLUMINATE them onto what you consider to be a better path.

As usual your posts are hateful and hurtful and come off half cocked all while accusing others of being the same.....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Apparently you didn't read the link you posted.

We have allowed ourselves to become whatever the world wants to throw at us. If you're homosexual, no problem. Atheist, come on down. Communist ,sure, the very God you make fun of and disbelieve in , you blame and say he created you like this.

Sounds like hate to me.
edit on Tue Aug 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Sounds like you don't care enough to ask what I think so believe what you like. Do you have anything to add to the topic of the thread. I take it your an American?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

Sounds like you don't care enough to ask what I think so believe what you like. Do you have anything to add to the topic of the thread. I take it your an American?

You made it perfectly clear what you think:

I have to share this with you because I totally agree with it and it "Hits an issue" that I see and feel in my soul to possibly be the truth and at the very least is "Food for Thought" Here is a part of the article.

You "totally agree with it." And it's spouting hate. While you may not see it that way, anytime someone starts talking about certain groups "blaming" God for making them that way, it's a clear indication of how the author feels about those groups.

A post about God, degrading Atheists. A post about Americans, degrading Communists. A post about God and Americans, degrading homosexuals.

A post you "totally agree with."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join