It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

LMFAO

Would you like a description of a deluded, factually incorrect, intellectually lacking piece of work? Look no further folks! Right here, right now, you are reading an internet users version of media bias and ignorant propaganda.

Stop being such a lemming, following internet banter and rumors, like new uncovered truths....

Iranian leadership has had it's hands in plenty of under board operations and funding of terrorism. To say other wise, or to post other wise, is ignorant and a blatant disregard of the facts.

edit on 8-8-2012 by MobiusShaun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by binkman
Such a shame that England isn't on that list. England had to suffer 40 years of coordinated IRA bombings funded largely by US citizens and banks.

US Americans = friend to none, enemy to all.

Ooooh, naughty naughty! It wasn't "US citizens and banks" that funded the IRA; it was Irish Americans, and that's because they're decendents of the huge numbers of immigrants who were forced to leave Ireland during the time that England was raping it like a ten dollar whore. Victims of ethnic cleansing are usually experts at holding a grudge.

Did you people ever bother to stay awake during history class?

It's sad because you actually believe what you just wrote.

It was US citizens and companies that funded the IRA, all allowed by the US Government.

Stop with the artful massaging of the facts' already. What possible reason do Mexican Americans have in donating money to the the IRA? What possible reason do African Americans have with donating to the IRA? What possible reason do Italian Americans have with donating to the IRA? They don't and no amount of artful misrepresentation on your part can overcome that. When you say "american citizens" you're necessarily saying the segment of people who DO have a reason to fund the IRA, and the biggest group in the US with such a reason...and who are among the largest groups in America...are the Irish Americans. The reason why they're one of the largest groups is because huge numbers of Irish came to the US when Queen Victoria was raping Ireland. How can you NOT know that?

...and no, the US gov't isn't allowing it any more than it's allowing drugs to be smuggled into the US. It's something that's literally impossible to stop; how can they prove the money being wired to Ireland is going to pay for a holiday to Miami or a box of AK-47 ammunition? It's Ireland, not Afghanistan.

Funny how you foreigners love to cry about what we did, especially you yanks. It's almost as if you forget what your country does on a daily basis to the world. It must be that Selective American Exception Triggered Amnesia you all suffer.

LOL I'm not crying over what you did 'cause I'm not descended from Irish immigrants. They're the ones crying what you did...and you're crying about what they're doing now. All this is, is a rant over the fact you foreigners don't like to admit you have your own dirty laundry. That's the one great thing about the US; we have know it alls here bringing up our dirty laundry all the time to the point where it's getting boring.

FYI be careful when you say "you Yanks". If you say that to a southerner he will hit you, and not for the reason you think.
edit on 8-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I understand your point but perhaps thier fearless leader Abbaramalamadingdong ought to tone down the rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Praetorius

Can't argue with a fellow Tool fan.

But, all parties do not have clean hands.

Agreed - by no means to I advocate solely for one side or the other, nor do I hate my own country (although I hate all too many of its actions, as I think we can and should do better!). I just want the scales to fall away from ALL our eyes, and for everything to be seen honestly for what it is.

I know it's a human thing, but all too often we only want to see the faults in others, while ignoring our own. And that simply doesn't work - it's a willing blindness that entirely disregards WHY certain things are happening around the world for our politicians to play against our fears.

Thanks, and take care.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't think it is intelligent for Iran, under the Islamic regime, to be framed as a completely innocent party who have never committed any wrong, because it just isn't true. They have sponsored terrorist attacks on innocent civilians abroad which is never acceptable, from anyone, and have terrorized parts of their own population.

Their crimes are not on the level of the US in the past 33 years but they are also not free of bloodied hands. All male leadership seems to inevitably end up in conflict and killing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am pretty sure Iran attacked Iraq in the late 70's early 80's. In fact I am positive of it.. this alone discredits this whole image. As well as the fact Iran has used different terrorists groups to destabilize various Middle East Countries.
edit on 8-8-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

You are incorrect on that point. Both leaderships were responsible but it was Iraq which launched a massive attack on Iranian territory to start the conflict proper.

The principal events that touched off the rapid deterioration in relations occurred during the spring of 1980. In April the Iranian-supported Ad Dawah attempted to assassinate Iraqi foreign minister Tariq Aziz. Shortly after the failed grenade attack on Tariq Aziz, Ad Dawah was suspected of attempting to assassinate another Iraqi leader, Minister of Culture and Information Latif Nayyif Jasim. In response, the Iraqis immediately rounded up members and supporters of Ad Dawah and deported to Iran thousands of Shias of Iranian origin. In the summer of 1980, Saddam Hussein ordered the executions of presumed Ad Dawah leader Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Baqr as Sadr and his sister.

In September 1980, border skirmishes erupted in the central sector near Qasr-e Shirin, with an exchange of artillery fire by both sides. A few weeks later, Saddam Hussein officially abrogated the 1975 treaty between Iraq and Iran and announced that the Shatt al Arab was returning to Iraqi sovereignty. Iran rejected this action and hostilities escalated as the two sides exchanged bombing raids deep into each other's territory, beginning what was to be a protracted and extremely costly war.

Baghdad originally planned a quick victory over Tehran. Saddam expected the invasion of the in the Arabic-speaking, oil-rich area of Khuzistan to result in an Arab uprising against Khomeini's fundamentalist Islamic regime. This revolt did not materialize, however, and the Arab minority remained loyal to Tehran. On September 22, 1980, formations of Iraqi MiG-23s and MiG21s attacked Iran's air bases at Mehrabad and Doshen-Tappen (both near Tehran), as well as Tabriz, Bakhtaran, Ahvaz, Dezful, Urmia (sometimes cited as Urumiyeh), Hamadan, Sanandaj, and Abadan. Their aim was to destroy the Iranian air force on the ground--a lesson learned from the Arab-Israeli June 1967 War.

They succeeded in destroying runways and fuel and ammunition depots, but much of Iran's aircraft inventory was left intact. Iranian defenses were caught by surprise, but the Iraqi raids failed because Iranian jets were protected in specially strengthened hangars and because bombs designed to destroy runways did not totally incapacitate Iran's very large airfields. Within hours, Iranian F-4 Phantoms took off from the same bases, successfully attacked strategically important targets close to major Iraqi cities, and returned home with very few losses. Simultaneously, six Iraqi army divisions entered Iran on three fronts in an initially successful surprise attack, where they drove as far as eight kilometers inland and occupied 1,000 square kilometers of Iranian territory.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
I am pretty sure Iran attacked Iraq in the late 70's early 80's. In fact I am positive of it.. this alone discredits this whole image. As well as the fact Iran has used different terrorists groups to destabilize various Middle East Countries.

No Iraq invaded Iran. Fact! End of story. OP is Accurate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k

Originally posted by GArnold

No Iraq invaded Iran. Fact! End of story. OP is Accurate.

In fact the picture says list of "countries attacked or bombed or Govt has attempted to overthrow". It makes 0 indication how it happened. Fact is Iran soldiers were on Iraqi soil.. and they bombed Iraq. Simple as that. Not to mention they support Hezbollah and have tried to undermine Isreal for at least 30 plus years. Iranian arms have been found in Afganistan.. Pakistan.. etc. This is so misleading. In fact the taking of 50 US hostages at an official US embassy is in fact an act of war as well.
Iran has also at various times tried to kill variou religious minorities in its own country..
en.wikipedia.org... (Beirut bombing 1983)
en.wikipedia.org... (List of Wars involving Iran since roughly 1944)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Isn't it just...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

And Iran is being demonized cause they are desperately fighting for their rights to nuclear energy, when those very provisions are in the NPT, and to which they have 99% complied?

Theyre not fighting for rights to nuclear energy, theyre fighting for their rights to have nuclear weapons. The West has no problems with them using nuclear energy for industrial, comercial and economic power or medical purposes. However they have gone passed the need to enrich uranium for power and medical purposes, signifying their intent is to make nuclear weapons.

So why not just let Iran have nuclear weapons? Well, because Ayatollah Khamenei has already expressed his desire to bring the islamic Mahdi, and the only way that happens is if they start a war to eradicate all the jews starting with Israel, and then all the nations harboring jew populations which is what will happen when Iran gets nukes. Terrorist organizations are already searching many western towns for who jews are via muslim doctors.

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews
(killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The
stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me,
come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (a certain kind of
tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the
Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).

So you want to put nuclear weapons in the hands of extremists, and the same people who fund Hamas and Hezbollah? When you see a blinding flash and a mushroom cloud over your city, you have no one to blame but yourself, because they will use them or their Mahdi and his 12th Imam sidekick will never come, and they want them to come. They have no problem sacrificing millions of muslim to bring this to pass, martyrs go to heaven. Jewish, christian and muslim martyrs go to heaven. The difference is:

A jewish martyr will say "i will die for what i believe"
A christian martyr will say "i will die for what i believe"
A muslim martyr will say "you will die for what i believe"

Their Mahdi is the christian Antichrist, so by all means, give them nuclear weapons. The sooner they get them the sooner we get to go home!
edit on 8-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First, [insert major disaster here/911] to gain people sympathy.
2nd after gaining sympathy, proceed to enable [global expansion for resources] and strict power and control.
3rd point fingers
4th execute the plan that has been in store almost few decades ago (planning takes time!)

If you want to attack Afghanistan, you blame "al-qaeda" as terrorist sponsor or Osama, whatever.
If you want to attack Iran, you blame "Iran" as terrorist sponsor.
If you want to attack [insert country], you blame [insert organization in that country here] as terrorist linked.

Ok, got it, terrorist plan 101.

From now on, we can paint Middle East with stars and stripes. Expect the states to reach 60. Yippikay yay indeed America.

Btw: Heres my prediction.
America will almost win the war, but will collapse by itself due to internal revolt. The sad thing is - nobody will come to help. Iran devastated, tension running high against the communist block, economy attack ensued..you know the rest I guess.

Hey, its just my prediction, nothing serious

Oh yeah, I do "feel" WW3 coming now.
edit on 8-8-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Many Countries listed were invaded or had limited Military action taken upon them by the U.S.

Does that make the US the modern Hitler of the world?

edit on 8-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Let's not forget the US helped Iraq during their invasion of Iran by supplying them satellite intelligence along with helicopters, bombs as well as biological and chemical weapons. Iran lost over half a million men and estimates of cost to Iran for the war are around $500 Billion.
We also shot down an Iranian airliner while the USS Vincennes was in Iranian territorial waters.

Despite all our efforts to destroy Iran they have still been willing to negotiate yet we increasingly apply more and more sanctions against them which will lead to many civilian deaths even without open warfare against them.

The US stands as the paramount of hypocrisy in foreign relations and this picture quite starkly paints the real picture for us.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So why aren't there thousands of people in the streets protesting Obama? You all are waiting on a Republican president to take office first, aren't you?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Star and Flag to you OP!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Iran hasn't started any wars in recent history.. but they fight in them by proxy.. they fund terrorists, they support them with weapons .. they openly encourage attacks against their neighboring countries.. they are not the peaceful group that a lot of people are pretending they are..

And if Iran only wanted nuclear energy they could have had it .. their Ally Russia was willing to provide them with nuclear fuel enriched enough for all of their stated needs.. but did Iran accept? no .. instead they built their own centrifuges in direct opposition of the global community and their own allies.. they knew full well what would happen if they did that..

A nuclear Iran is not very good for anyone.. especially their neighboring countries.. Iran's holy leaders have been more than clear about their thoughts on Israel for example.. I don't question for a moment that if Iran had nuclear weapons they would use them.. and I don't doubt for a minute they would provide smaller nuclear weapons to terrorist groups they've already supported in the region.. as well as their buddies Syria... it would be a disaster for the entire region.

Iran would pass nuclear weapons to Syria .. Syria would probably then use that capability against Turkey.. can you see the chain? Iran would also pass some to hezbollah and any groups opposing Isreal .. they would not HAVE to declare war or launch a single missile to nuke their enemies.. just provide the weapons to the right groups.
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

I'm not for any of that doom at all.It doesn't take too many brain cells to know whats going on...Same thing for eons.

Yes nothing to see here, just the continuing Crusades to eradicate the Earth of the "dog vermin" we christians and jews call Muslims...

I mean, its not like these people would use biological, chemical or nuclear weapons on there enemies if they could...

Kill em all, let Allah sort em out eh?? Though i bet they think something similar of us...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

If they didn't want a fight they shouldn't have put their country amongst all those bases. They're asking for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
EDIT: Also, take note readers: Is this thread about Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan?

No. GoodOlNo.

You're right, it isn't...however, this IS a thread about why the US is supposedly a warmonger. Why is stopping North Korea from subjugating South Korea on your list of reasons why the US is supposedly a warmonger?

That's the statement YOU made in your OP, after all, so it's your responsibility to defend it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join