It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ever think that the guy attaching the flags was an idiot and didn't do it correctly or just that he dislikes America and wanted to prank them at a crucial time. I mean come on people this isn't anything, and if this is the 'flag' to finally 'wake us up'... it's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We arent really jews......

shhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shypeir
Everyone started laughing and cheering. Who was in the audience??

British sense of humour I think, similar to the Irish. The laughing is at the failure rather than at the country. Kind of like at school dinners when some poor mug trips with their tray of food, everyone laughs and cheers, nothing personnel to the guy, just laughing at cheering at the situation.

Well that is my take on it, no conspiracy, and at best mildly funny, personally I wouldn't care if the Irish flag falls at the boxing, would just be typical though, I would hope the boxer just picks it up and wraps it round themselves, and such a big up yours in the unlikely event of it being rigged.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well, if you think the Olympics might be an occult extravaganza, seeing an omen like that isn't a good sign, heh. Bad omens however, don't necessarily have to come true, and afterall, our Nation's eagle can be thought of as the Phoenix.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

1. Flag pole configuration in section.
2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
3. Self-weight of flag unhooks flag after a small period of time.
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

Just uncanny coincidental timing and physics.

Life is funny sometimes... ;-j
Cheers
edit on 9-8-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

A very rational, logical and simple explanation, and yet it gets only 1 star...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well, this is London and maybe the British are still bitter about losing? Just like the American South are still bitter that they lost the Civil War.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't care what you guys think, but that $#!T was HILARIOUS!

Am I right or am I right?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well, this is London and maybe the British are still bitter about losing? Just like the American South are still bitter that they lost the Civil War.

But we don't feel like we are losing, we've done fantastically and exceeded our own expectations. If you want bitter, go look at the french papers...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by IllGoose124
*snip*

Side Bar: Any kind of info on the closing ceremony? I have seen images of a ferris wheel they are calling "the eye" and other sorts of Illuminati symbols on the interweb. Maybe that's the big show we've all been hoping won't happen...

First time poster, I'll be around /
-Goose

Do you happen to have a link for that? Sounds like interesting reading! I remember reading about a lot in the Superbowl halftime show, but hadn't seen anything on the Olympics. Interesting.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
edit on 9-8-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional comment

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
Comments and ratings have been turned off on you tube, in case the big tough americans get insulted.
Truth hurts, huh?

Butt hurt much?

second

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION folks......as *BAZ742* theorized......... this is in all likelyhood the reason.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
People OOOOOOOH'ed/AAAAAAAh'ed and then laughed.

There's no crime in laughing nor was it seemingly malicious. Besides, pardon me for knocking peoples ego a bit, but how many other people in that audience of all nations do you think actually KNOW all the words to your national anthem? I would bet not many. Not many Brits know all the words of our own, never mind anyone else's.

I would hazard a guess that those who laughed the most closest to the mic's were your fellow countrymen who immediately saw the coincidence. Everyone else would have gone "Oh # the flag dropped" but wouldn't have a clue it dropped on that specific line.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Oh I was being factious. It was just a coincidence that royally embarrassed us. That's all it was really.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Thanks BAZ!

I don't do this stuff for stars, I do it out of self-curiosity and interest (and to Deny Ignorance), though it often seems that simple logic goes unrewarded on this site...lol ;-j

reply to post by Plotus

Thanks Plotus... but my name isn't BAZ752... though he did give me an encouraging comment and a bump... so I feel it was worth the effort. ;-j

I whipped up this little graphic to show the most likely configuration of the flagpole, and how it appears in the video to have detached (not my greatest tech drawing, but will do for this purpose).

2. Flag flips over pole at 32 second mark of OP video (may be different time in different videos).
4. Flag falls!

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, but it is very clear in the video how this happened. It was NOT planned (unless someone was controlling the wind, and the the way the flag fluttered... lol)... no devices, no conspiracy, nothing nefarious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

I was about to acknowledge Plotus's credit and state that it was your content.

Would have contributed more in agreement, but sadly, I lack the patience to debate with the amount of tossers on this site. I just thought your illustration was exactly what I'd have done

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Bad omen? I guess if you choose to look at it that way. What if it's a sign things are changing, maybe a end to Western Society which don't have to mean doom and gloom. With the collapse of the US comes the collapse of all of the economies connected to it so just maybe the flag falling was prophetic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by BAZ752

Thanks BAZ!

I don't do this stuff for stars, I do it out of self-curiosity and interest (and to Deny Ignorance), though it often seems that simple logic goes unrewarded on this site...lol ;-j

reply to post by Plotus

Thanks Plotus... but my name isn't BAZ752... though he did give me an encouraging comment and a bump... so I feel it was worth the effort. ;-j

4. Flag falls!

Nice graphic but is this the actual secure fittings. I need to see a comparison photo of the actual flag pole's nuts and bolts. It's weird that this is another flag incident, so soon after the North/South Korean flag mix up
news source

It'll be triple funny if we keep having things go wrong with the flags. ?I wonder what is going to happen next.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I'm not sure if it's the exact fittings used... I have searched for an example of what is used (or an Olympic Ceremony video that has a closer shot), but can't find any. I have noticed while watching other "live" ceremonies that the flag bearers do seem to "hook" the flags onto the poles at either end and need to be able to do it quickly, but it's not of great interest, so no-one (that I have seen) gets good video of the act, or posts videos on Youtube of people hooking flags onto poles... fair enough really... lol

It is indicative of a simple bar-flag hanging solution, and is almost exactly what we had in scouts many years ago (I used to be a flag boy, and changed/hung flags in the scout hall on a regular basis when young), so am going on experience.

I do know that in engineering and object design, a simple solution is preferred as it is easier to make in a workshop using standard and readily available materials... and is cheaper than an over-engineered solution.

Also, based on the various videos available of the scene, it fits the scenario pretty much perfectly, so seems very likely that is a system very similar to my illustration.

After all... a hook is one of man's greatest inventions, used for many hanging situations... fishing anyone?... lol

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

First star, first post. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now I don't post often here, although I am always reading and browsing....

I did want to say this and forgive me if it has been mentioned already. In the high-res video, take notice that the American flag is not hanging by the supporting bar but is merely wrapped around it. I've looked very closely and it does appear something was pulled or triggered to allow the flag to slightly unravel around the bar the flag is wrapped around.

Watch it closely, you'll see. This was rigged. I am no hugely pro-American because I know our country is %@@(ed up royally by the people that run it, but this was a jab at America.

Prophecy? Omen? Unlikely, just a jab.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join