It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Top Ten UFO Books?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

In the following collection you will find someof the UFO 's books that should be on the "shelf" hope you will enjoy.

Amazing Book Colection

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Abduction by Jenny Randles. She looks at both sides of the coin and very intelligently deals with the 'psychological' theory. She is among the very best researchers.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I agree, Timothy Good is the top researcher in my opinion. This book is one of the best

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

"The Threat" - David M. Jacobs

THE THREAT

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Here is one you can add to your collection.
The Threat - By David M. Jacobs

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are many great books out there. One of my favorite books is Triangular UFOs: An Estimate of the Situation, by David Marler. Additionally, my book, Aerial Phenomena, has received excellent reviews by the community. Its not your average UFO book - it mainly concentrates on 50 cases we investigated and an analysis of the phenomena.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have a very rare book. 'How to be Kidnapped by UFOlk' by Dan Clements. Signed too
Offers welcome

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I haven't read very many books. But I did read a couple from Jacques Vallee I thought were very interesting, and "Alien Identities" from Richard Thompson I thought was just brilliant. I was surprised not to see the latter on any list on this thread. If the other books in the genre are better than THAT one, then I'd better start reading them. I thought that one was exceptionally interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Invisible Residents: The Reality of Underwater UFOs, Ivan T Sanderson with David Hatcher Childress.

Operation Trojan Horse: John Keel

The Uninvited: Clive Harold.... very few books like this that deal with specific set of events that occurred to one particular family within the context of a general UFO flap in the area they lived.

The Warminster Triangle; Ken Rogers ........... an interesting collation and overview of weird stuff happening in Wiltshire England

Phenomenon: Edited by John Spenser and Hilary Evans... a 40 year round up of British cases.

The Harmonic series 695 etc; Bruce Cathy.... A total maverick and yet, the guy genuinely seemed to have some seriously interesting ideas.

Paul Devereux's books are worth a read as well.

This is a list of alsos, not rather thans, just to expand the suggestions given previously, for instance. anything by Vallee is worth a read.
edit on 16-9-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's a little more than ten, but my god is it awesome.

concen.org...

If that doesn't work this should get you on your way ...

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here are my recommendations in no particular order:

The Missing Times -Terry Hansen

The UFO Encyclopedia Vols 1&2 -Jerome Clark

UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry -Michael Swords and Robert Powell

UFO's: A Scientific Debate -Carl Sagan and Thornton Page

The UFO Experience -J. Allen Hynek

Product Details UFOs: The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects -Edward J. Ruppelt

The Flying Saucers Are Real -Donald Keyhoe

Flying Saucers from Outer Space -Major Donald E. Keyhoe

UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1941-1973 -Richard M. Dolan

The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991 (UFOs and the National Security State, Vol. 2) -Richard M. Dolan

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

FireMoon

Operation Trojan Horse: John Keel

I have had this book in my wish list on Amazon but it was a little expensive UNTIL this weekend! I found it at the local art fair, first edition hard back for FREE, practically! It was from the Museum here and all they wanted was a donation. I got 5 books and gave them 10 bucks. I was so excited to see this book on the table and got some funny looks at my reaction when I saw it. lol I was super excited to find it!

I am starting it TODAY!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Lot of good suggestions. I will have an empty wallet now :-)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Operation Trojan horse

www.amazon.com...

OUR SKIES ARE FILLED WITH TROJAN HORSES....
"The real UFO story must encompass all of the many manifestations being observed. It is a story of ghosts and phantoms and strange mental aberrations; of an invisible world that surrounds us and occasionally engulfs us; of prophets and prophecies, and gods and demons. It is a world of illusion and hallucination where the unreal seems very real, and where reality itself is distorted by strange forces which can seemingly manipulate space, time, and physical matter-forces that are almost entirely beyond our powers of comprehension."

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Dont really have any, mainly since I dont usually remember from what i read.

The only one I can remember would be (and thats because its still sitting in the family bookcase)...

Gods of Air and Darkness. by Richard E. Mooney

Its an ancient alien theory book that is sort of an anti Chariots of the Gods (and often the author counters alot of Von Danikens ideas from his book directly). It basically shows how it wasnt aliens that made us or guided our evolution, but rather we simply ARE the aliens, devolved of the tech and knowledge we first got here with as some long lost colony or outpost thousands of years back.

Gets a little odd where it starts to theorize about a possible culture and people from the world the asteroid belt was originally and how they ended up destroying themselves and how they then arrived here. No real proof about the theories behind that part of the book, but its an interesting aside from the main ideas.

Personally I side with Mooneys ideas over Danikens, I couldnt get even through Danikens books first chapter after reading Mooneys, Danikens writing just seemed so loud and forthright it was damn off putting. Unfortunately Mooneys ideas and those of others with similar theories are overshadowed into obscurity by Daniken and his lot who seem to have the lions share of the adherents.

edit on 9-11-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
1 - Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs (his Rule by Secrecy is the best book!!!).
2 - Dark Mission - The Secret History of NASA.
3 - I read a good book on Travis Walton ... but I can't remember the name of it.

I've read a bunch, but those are probably the best ones I've read.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Unconventional Flying Objects by Paul Hill is the only book I've read on the subject that I'm impressed enough with to mention.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

lisa2012

In the following collection you will find someof the UFO 's books that should be on the "shelf" hope you will enjoy.

Amazing Book Colection

In case anyone missed this its a good share.

Thanks, lisa2012!

edit on 10-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Anything by Timothy Good, and certainly David Jacobs. These two are essentials that enable you to discuss with informed intelligence and integrity the alien subject.

A big thank you to Lisa for the book depository.

edit on 11/11/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The GUT

lisa2012

Amazing Book Colection

In case anyone missed this its a good share.

Thanks, lisa2012!

Love for Lisa, but none for hitandrun.
I smell bias.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join