It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Romney desperate for support, attempts to coerce unbound Paul delegates-Calls it: "compromise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You just can't make this stuff up. This could only be found in a political comedy movie starring Will Ferrel and Steve Martin.

Remember Maine GOP Chairman, Charlie Webster? Yea the guy that spearheaded the, 'cancel-caucuses-in-Maine-where-Ron-Paul-has-support-due-to-harsh-weather-situations-when-the-girlscouts-even-came-out-to-sell-their-cookies-then-lied -about-it-scandal'.

Here he is again, along with the Romney director of Maine, Peter Chiancette, caught up in another embarrassing scandal to coerce voters to love Romney.

Cliff notes:
1) Team Romney attempts to (under no grounds) de-credential duly elected delegates of Ron Paul
2) Team Romney offers a set of stipulations to said delegates who are already UNBOUND in exchange for lifting the delegate contest
3) Team Paul responds swiftly with the FACT that they were duly elected delegates with the right to vote UNBOUND with no intimidation or coercion whatsoever.
4) Maine's Governor LePage and National Committeeman Rick Bennett have stated their support for the duly elected delegation and their right to vote the way they were elected to vote.

www.fox19.com...

In the state of Maine, it is well documented that 21 of the 24 delegates are strong supporters of Congressman Ron Paul.

Those 21 delegates plan to go to Tampa later this month and cast a vote for Dr. Paul to receive the nomination.

A little over a week ago, 20 of those 21 delegates were told that their credentials were being challenged by Mr. Peter Cianchette (who headed the Romney campaign in Maine).

The grounds for the challenge; that 20 of these 21 delegates were illegally elected to represent Maine.

Ready for the set of stipulations desperately offered to delegates that are ALREADY unbound?

Now, here is where it gets really interesting.

This weekend, the RNC, via Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster offered a "compromise"... take a look:

1. A majority of the delegates sign a statement agreeing that, if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they will vote at the Convention for Mitt Romney.

2. Instead of Brent Tweed, Charlie Webster or Paul LePage would serve as the spokesperson for the delegation and announce the votes cast for president. That spokesperson would also handle all media on behalf of the Maine delegation.

3. There will be nothing negative said about Mitt Romney or positive said about Obama (especially to media).

4. The Delegation will be admitted to the Convention, and to all committee assignments, without barrier.

5. The Contest brought by Jan Staples and Peter Cianchette will be withdrawn.

Here is the response of the representative of the duly elected delegate slate, Brent Tweed:
link to the response here:
docs.google.com...

We were rightfully elected by the Republicans of Maine to represent them as unbound delegates in Tampa. It is unreasonable for the Republican Party at either the national or state level, or for any campaign for President, to attempt to pressure the Maine Delegation to vote any particular way. We will not be intimidated into signing political deals under threat of being unseated. We are accountable to the Maine Republicans who elected us, not the Mitt Romney Campaign.

In response to this new scandal, Governor LePage's office stated:

Governor Paul LePage stands behind Maine Republican National Committeeman Rick Bennett's position that all Maine Delegates should be seated at the Republican National Convention.

References of news reports surrounding Charlie Webster's shady actions for those that ARE NOT aware of what exactly happened:

Here is the definition of BLACKMAIL

blackmail [ˈblækˌmeɪl]
n
1. (Law) the act of attempting to obtain money by intimidation, as by threats to disclose discreditable information
2. the exertion of pressure or threats, esp unfairly, in an attempt to influence someone's actions
vb (tr)
1. (Law) to exact or attempt to exact (money or anything of value) from (a person) by threats or intimidation; extort
2. to attempt to influence the actions of (a person), esp by unfair pressure or threats

edit on 7-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

So wait a second here...what I'm hearing is "We claim you were elected illegally!!...but if you do what we want, we're OK with that!"?

Isn't that...what's the word I'm looking for here...? Shady-as-#-on-several-levels?

EDIT:
In fact...I believe it might technically be blackmail?

edit on 8/7/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What's Romney so scared of? If it's just looking bad, why would he do something like this that makes him look even more like a tool?

I don't hold out any hope of him making it to the primaries, but I do hope to see more of Dr. Paul during the election. People need to hear what he has to say.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Honestly, I think they put Romney in to make sure he loses! The guy is the epitomy of the wealthy ruling class! When you look at the piss poor vetting of our current POTUS and yet, never heard a peep from the Right about the questionable background of him?? To me it just goes to show that the Left/Right are two parties that are in bed together and their agenda is far from representing We the People!

Voting for the two that are chosen for us, is a losing proposition! Thus, I am writing in my vote for the person who seems to uphold the Constitution more so than any of the others.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i can't believe the GOP nomination pool was this bad. I mean i knew it was bad already because its the GOP but wow! This is a new level huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Here is the definition of blackmail, you guys be the judge:

blackmail [ˈblækˌmeɪl]
n
1. (Law) the act of attempting to obtain money by intimidation, as by threats to disclose discreditable information
2. the exertion of pressure or threats, esp unfairly, in an attempt to influence someone's actions
vb (tr)
1. (Law) to exact or attempt to exact (money or anything of value) from (a person) by threats or intimidation; extort
2. to attempt to influence the actions of (a person), esp by unfair pressure or threats

edit on 7-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
These RNC GOP shills are F*n traitors to this country!

These piece of Sh*t dirt bags need to go to jail. Elected officials committing voter fraud and intimidating/threatening delegates should go to jail forever.

These people, these crooks will get away with it right now, but when the time comes when the judges, DA's office, and the rest of these crony clowns no longer are in power(and it will happen) these crooks will be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why doesn't this surprise me?
edit on 7-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
what sad little men both the *chosen* candidates are in retrospect..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe he shouldn't have claimed a 77,000 tax loss on Rafalca.
You cannot write off a loss on a Hobby and you can't create a Business for the purpose of losing money and having a write off. .

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I will admit it, I did no more than glance through your OP. I was attracted to the headline. Especially startling was the idea that Romney was "desperate for support." Do you believe he is afraid that he won't get the nomination? If so, I may say that I admire your dedication, but . . .

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I will admit it, I did no more than glance through your OP. I was attracted to the headline. Especially startling was the idea that Romney was "desperate for support." Do you believe he is afraid that he won't get the nomination? If so, I may say that I admire your dedication, but . . .

I think a simple way to put your concerns to rest is to read the OP.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Desperation time. For an insignificant candidate that no one wants and cannot win a state, according to our opposition, Ron Paul sure attracts a lot of attention from his detractors. The media are scripted professionals that know how to ignore him but partisan muckety-mucks and the obligatory anti-Paul menials swooping in from the ATS peanut gallery are tripping over themselves to tell us how inconsequential he is. That part is all quite amusing.

I expect there will be attempts, perhaps successful ones, to lock the duly elected Paul delegates out of the Convention, though I suspect there will be enough of them in stealth-mode to cause an effect in Tampa come ballot time. I haven't yet tuned in to the Olympics but I intend to keep an eye and ear open for the Convention. Either way it goes it should be entertaining.

If people are correct in saying the GOP has every intention of losing this election then they are playing the correct strategy shutting out and marginalizing the Paul supporters. Their mistake may be in not seeing what this could do for the future of their party. People are tired of the old authoritarian crap and invasions of their privacy, realizing that those things are the primary contributors to lawlessness in society. So no-brainer is it that it must be intentional on the part of our government.

To what end is the objective of a political party that attempts to lose an election, and to a government that wishes to instil fear and loathing? Those are not being done merely for our amusement.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Desperation time. For an insignificant candidate that no one wants and cannot win a state, according to our opposition, Ron Paul sure attracts a lot of attention from his detractors. The media are scripted professionals that know how to ignore him but partisan muckety-mucks and the obligatory anti-Paul menials swooping in from the ATS peanut gallery are tripping over themselves to tell us how inconsequential he is. That part is all quite amusing.

It is amusing to say the LEAST.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Full news report by Ben Swann, with credentialed delegate interviews.

The most interesting part of this report is that the challenge came directly from Mitt Romney's presidential campaign headquarters and NOT the Maine GOP headquarters. Putting 1 and 1 together, you don't need anybody to tell you who is pulling the strings here.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Them- "Hey buddy- I noticed you came here with a lot of people to rock the show, well, tell you what; leave your lead singer, drummer and maain guitarist in the van- we will take your crowd- and they will rock out to our Automated Romney Rocks Tour"?
"Oh and once its done- we are taking the fans with us".

Us- "umm, *%$# you".
:::turns up metallica::

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
There are a lot of people around the world who know Dr. Paul better than a lot of US Citizens......why?
The media......
From the sidelines it was obvious to any watching, that RP was ignored, cheated, and marginalized whenever possible during the primaries....the whole fiasco was egregious.
If anything, RPs campaign for president has shown that there is NO democracy left in America today.....
The country is a mere shell of its former self hiding the iron fist of totalitarian goverment within.
The show and the pretense will soon be unnessessary for the OWNERS of America to get what they want.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If they are so sure that Romney is the candidate of the Republican Party, if they are so sure that Paul stands no chance, why are they still doing these things?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Exhibit # 10983 substantiating why I had to abandon the GOP after decades of support!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

exactly I'm writing in Ron Paul if he doesn't make the ballot and I think all other Paul supporters should too!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join