It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The reason homosexual tendencies in animals was brought up in the discussion is because Murphy here, stated that homosexual behaviors go against nature when in fact they don't. I was attempting to prove to him that homosexual behaviors are apart of nature, as animals display those exact behaviors, but instead we had someone attempting to derail what was said and personal attacks were thrown.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Also, teaching children in k-12 government indoctrination camps that homosexuality is perfectly normal, and not a sexual deviance (which it is), is certainly affecting others.
edit on 9-8-2012 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

You're right, it is affecting others. It's teaching those kids that it's okay to be different and there's no reason to be ashamed of who you are. It's teaching tolerance and acceptance. Not sure why that's such a problem.

link   
Do those "natural" behaviors in nature contribute to the survival of the species?

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

How would you know that Sharia would be the same as Amish? You have studied Sharia Law and understand it's ramifications? I bet not. Who is your source? Chris Matthews?

You are so blinded by hate - - you can't even comprehend what I said.

In America Sharia Law only applies to those of the culture/belief that follow it.

How has Amish laws affected you? They haven't. Why? Because you are not Amish.

Actually, that example is not correctly attributed. Those that live near Amish communities are most certainly affected by Amish laws and lifestyles.

Also, teaching children in k-12 government indoctrination camps that homosexuality is perfectly normal, and not a sexual deviance (which it is), is certainly affecting others.

What? They're forced to go to Amish court - - because they broke an Amish law?

No they're not.

Being accomodating in society to different cultures and beliefs - - - - does not mean you live under their laws.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

How would you know that Sharia would be the same as Amish? You have studied Sharia Law and understand it's ramifications? I bet not. Who is your source? Chris Matthews?

In America Sharia Law only applies to those of the culture/belief that follow it.

Actually, that example is not correctly attributed. Those that live near Amish communities are most certainly affected by Amish laws and lifestyles.

No they're not.

Being accomodating in society to different cultures and beliefs - - - - does not mean you live under their laws.

Actually, yes, they do live under their laws, especially when using the same roads.

Does that "accommodating" society include sacrificing one's 1st amendment rights so that others can have theirs?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think you all are not understanding what is said.

You are not as clear as us it's not our fault

Are you now telling me that most animals are "bisexual" not "homo"? (which an animal can not be because homo refers to humans)

Homo does not refer to humans. Homo means 'the same'.

If you're going to be so matter of fact it's best to be sure of your facts.

Anyways. Nothing will come from debating this aspect with you as you just don't get it. Pick another.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Do those "natural" behaviors in nature contribute to the survival of the species?

No, they have all gone extinct due to homosexuality as the human species will soon for the same reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No they're not.

Actually, yes, they do live under their laws, especially when using the same roads.

Does that "accommodating" society include sacrificing one's 1st amendment rights so that others can have theirs?

As I said - - - being accomodating in soceity to different cultures and beliefs.

If there is a difficulty - - and you are not Amish - - you will go to a US court. You are not under Amish law.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

I feel sorry for people like the OP that think that their own personal religious beliefs should trump the collective laws agreed upon (for the most part) by an organized society. Much less, a religion that uses an unproven book of tales, most of which are borrowed from other past religions (and twisted pagan practices), that was written hundreds of years after-the-fact, and then re-written and re-interpreted many times to suit whomever was in power at the given time. REALLY?

Stop trying to pass laws that govern everyone to back up your own personal beliefs and we'll let you prance around and tell your fairy tales as much as you want, no matter how implausible and contradictory they are.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Greyling2012 because: typos

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Could you perhaps supply us with a list of all the New Testament characters who were in a provable life-long monogamous heterosexual marriage (and had kids the biological way)?

You're saying this is as natural as electricity with positive and negative metaphors.
Where does the NT say one polarity MUST marry another?
In fact Jesus says three kinds of eunuchs must not marry.
St Paul says don't marry unless you burn with lust.
In Revelations the "redeemed" are male virgins who are "undefiled" by women.

So now where is the polarity?

So give me a list of provable life-long heterosexual marriages in the NT (I won't even bother with the OT), and add some species that exclusively have monogamous heterosexual coupling and relations for life.

If you're saying Jesus only came for humans because they've been heterosexually monogamous (as the evangelicals fantasize in their delusions) then He really shouldn't have bothered.

I'd say Jesus came to save humans because He loved them and understood their struggles.
The Bible describes both incorrect straight and gay behavior, and we are responsible if we abuse ourselves or others.
All the gay behavior that the Bible condemns would still be seen as wrong today.
In the context it describes acts, often in a context of slavery, rather than any ideal of modern gay love or identity.
But that's actually a footnote in a book on mainly heterosexual behavior.
edit on 9-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I don't think it is a conscious choice, either. I do think it's a mental issue, though,

Not conscious but mental issue. I infer from this you mean a chemical basis in the brain?

and that a disservice is done to people by those wanting to pretend that isn't so.

It's not pretending we just don't believe that to be the case. Why is it a disservice exactly?

Instead of offering help, people are told that their issue is "normal", and this leaves a lot of people very unhappy

Actually it leaves people feeling normal. And that leaves people to be free to find happiness, or not to find it, as equally as the rest. When people show up and tell them it's a mental illness that makes them feel unhappy.

and unable to even think of seeking help.

So if it's some chemical imbalance. What is the treatment?

This person is definitely NOT bisexual.

I wasn't trying to target. As a bisexual myself, I have a more intimate perspective here. IMO most of these cases of someone going from one gender relationship to another gender is a result of bisexual orientation

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I don't think it is a conscious choice, either. I do think it's a mental issue, though,

Not conscious but mental issue. I infer from this you mean a chemical basis in the brain?

GAWD! We already have parents forcing children into Reparative Therapy.

Can you imagine the Megele effect if some doctor declared brain chemical treatments cure homosexuality.

Have you seen this report?

Shocking Report: Doctors Use Off-Label Drug to Prevent Lesbian, Bisexual, Tomboy Babies

A new report details the dangerous experiementation that's been going on in fetal engineering, in which doctors are using a synthetic steroid off-label to prevent lesbian, bisexual, intersex, and tomboy babies.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wow that's horrible. No I wasn't familiar with that

And on top of it all the "normalized" baby grows up with a higher chance for certain cancers

I will rest comfortably tonight "pretending'" the orientations are normal knowing I would never ever consider subjecting a fetus to this!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
“No, they have all gone extinct due to homosexuality as the human species will soon for the same reason.”
Lucid Lunacy
That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard. So (at most) 10% of the population decides not to have children ( actually even that is contentious as many gay couples choose artificial insemination) that means the extinction of all of mankind?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So, all the mass extinctions of other species are because they turned gay?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

I couldn't agree with you more

I was being sarcastic..was a response to another member

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Actually, if homosexuality causes a decline in the birth rate, homosexuality should be encouraged. My wife and I own a cottage in en.wikipedia.org... We used to have 3 neighbors, now 15!
www.yale.edu...

edit on 9-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

Whats up with wiki? There is a wiki article called,"Interlochen, Michigan."
edit on 9-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein

True if there is any population threat it's over-population!

Personally I would love to see less time and resources put into Military and more into space programs. If we colonized/terraformed other planets and moons we could disperse our population. Sounds far-fetched but how fast things advance is really just relative to how much we invest in it..

And to the anti-gay crowd what you should have just read from that is the gay agenda even wants to convert alien children into gays

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Lucid Lunacy, I apologize. I just got up for work and assumed (after reading your statement that I quoted) that you were one of the anti-gay posters that I have been debating.
Nothing personal but I have a lot of other things on my mind and keeping track of ATS posters is not a high priority.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
I don't think it is a conscious choice, either. I do think it's a mental issue, though, and that a disservice is done to people by those wanting to pretend that isn't so.

My emphasis in your post.

So your thought in this instance is more like another 'belief' really? You're not really sure and, even though it's doing no harm to you, you prefer to think of it as a mental illness. I suppose when I see this type of debate I consider the phrase ... there's nothing worse than someone out to do the world some good.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
a disservice is done to people by those wanting to pretend that isn't so. Instead of offering help, people are told that their issue is "normal", and this leaves a lot of people very unhappy, and unable to even think of seeking help.

What help can a Christian possibly offer in this circumstance?

Either, you're telling a person they have a near terminal attraction to the same sex and there's nothing you can do about it. ('Rehab' has been utterly useless and you don't even know what causes it)

Or, perhaps you let us get on with our lives until Christians have solved the problems and you can demonstrate thoroughly that, not only can you 'cure' me of my 'mental disorder' but, you can also substantiate that it is a mental disorder and not some non-hateful non-judgmental non-offensive brush aside of a person's being driven by a 1900 year old book.

Honestly, the most stressful part of it is other people's judgement. Regardless of how much we're told it's non-judgement. It's a bit like that 'friend' that comes over and tells you it was a mistake to marry your wife or husband ... no offense ... you know? It's not meant harshly but you don't really like having that friend over for dinner any more. But you know ... they're not judging at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join