It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You do not have permission to post. A question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not really a rant, but more of a annoyance.

I have encountered the “You do not have permission to post in this forum.” Quite a few times recently. I tried to post to the following and received the above.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What gives? Am I in trouble? ( Which is nothing new in my life
)

I can reply on most threads but at least one time daily I get this message. Can anyone give me any insight?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Only had it happen when a thread get's the chop.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

This particular thread has not been chopped. It still has the reply and quote buttons. The OP did request U2U's as a reply though. Could that be it?

I also replied to a thread yesterday that met all T&C's and now it doesn't exist. Maybe the threads replies went out of bounds on T&C but the MODs usually just closed it then. It is still viewable.
edit on 5-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Tried to respond to the same thread, you have to have writer status.

To get it you need to win the contest in short stories. So I wrote a short story. Probably won't win but I like a challenge.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Suspiria

This particular thread has not been chopped. It still has the reply and quote buttons. The OP did request U2U's as a reply though. Could that be it?

Could be, but that's a new one on me. Never heard of it happening.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This has happened to me a few times recently too! Actually, more than normal. But then again, I have been told that, then reloaded my page and posted what I intended to, to begin with. I do also wonder what causes this!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I believe you need to have the status of "Writer" for that forum.
Ask a mod- they might tell you how to get it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There are several forum that need special access. This is Collaborative Fiction. You need write status. There is also the Debate Forum where you need Fighter status and the Research forum where you need Scholar status.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

To get it you need to win the contest in short stories. So I wrote a short story. Probably won't win but I like a challenge.

Ouch! That'll limit the responses. Never thought of that one.

I've written a few short stories and posted them myself. Mainly to get feedback so I can learn to write better and entertain others.

The last two writing contests though I have not been able to get my imagination to bend far enough. I tried but upon proof reading, I didn’t post.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes this ones not too hard, the theme's on personification. My story only got 2 flags though so I don't think I will be winning anytime soon.

Anyway you should give it ago. I think only a handful have entered. There's been a few good stories but there could be many more. Anyway if you decide to give it a go, I say good luck.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I've looked again through the T&C's, how do you acquire these types of status? I love a good debate and I love to write, though I am my own worst critic.

I'm sure that there is a criteria of some sort.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Access to CF is gained from participating in Short Stories competitions. I believe there is one underway right now. Debate is easier. If one wants to debate when there is no tourny going on is to find a partner, get a topic and PM TheVagabond. He can set it up.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You don't have to win the contests to gain writer status. I got mine simply by contributing alot of stories in the recent contests. I believe that if the mods deem that you've done enough work to earn it they will give it away. It seems popularity picks the winners for the most part but that's ok. I just like to write.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

so either way its the "Fair Haired Boy" club

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 8/5/2012 by Klassified because: Nevermind

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

You inspired me to try writing a little story of my own.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Op.. youre just never going to be in the IN club. No satin jacket or secret handshake for you. Sorry. Make your own club. I want : zombie trainer and behaviorist under my name.. not some lame-o writer or fighter...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Not really a rant, but more of a annoyance.

I have encountered the “You do not have permission to post in this forum.” Quite a few times recently. I tried to post to the following and received the above.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What gives? Am I in trouble? ( Which is nothing new in my life
)

I can reply on most threads but at least one time daily I get this message. Can anyone give me any insight?

I knew my ears were burning from all the way across the forum...

When I posted the thread I didn't even think about it being in a "closed" forum until people started U2U'ing me about it. I am waiting to see if a mod deems it ok to put the thread in the "Short Stories" forum instead of the "collaborative writing" forum so more people can participate if they want to.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I got writer status the same, by consistently entering the contests over a period of months. It got someone's attention and I was awarded writer status even though I didn't win a contest.

That is the main way though, by winning one of the short story contests each month. So I would go with just putting your work out there, you'll get noticed soon enough, and then be able to post in the Collaborative Writing forum.

As for fighter and scholar, you just need to U2U the appropriate Mods and they can award you the status as long you continue to post in the debate or research forums.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can't get to post on any site I try on. I'm new but not banned. Can someone help me please?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join