It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern methodologies of White racism – “Reverse Racism”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by openlocks

Read my other post, I didn't say that. Man, you are quick to jump to conclusions. May I suggest some breathing techniques?

Yes there is racism, it happens to all shades, end of story. It doesn't happen as much as it did 10 years ago, 20 years ago and so on. It will never end, unfortunately. And I constructively supplied an example/ possible solution to help quell the issue at hand, have you?

Ah, yes, attempt to quell all dissent, makes sense. You and your ATS gang sure are quick to run in here and spout your craziness. Oh, and I am not really sure how calling AA racist is a solution to racism? Wow...

This is a good case study for ATS racism. As they say, just follow the money trail, or in this case, just follow the stars.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

I feel what you are saying, I do honestly. But that was the past, if we don't move forward we will go nowhere. And I'm not stereotyping AA as a whole, but only in limited circumstances, like the ones I listed in previous posts.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Chai_An

I feel what you are saying, I do honestly. But that was the past, if we don't move forward we will go nowhere. And I'm not stereotyping AA as a whole, but only in limited circumstances, like the ones I listed in previous posts.

Look, while I can agree the way AA sometimes works is ass backward and stupid, the idea is to help equalize the wrongs of the past. That is inherently trying to move forward. Even if a person who is unqualified is put into a job, the added income will increase the likelihood of their CHILDREN being independently qualified for better jobs. That's the point. That's not a racist endeavor.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

As I always say, it is only privelaged white guys who go around saying that everyone has privilages.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

Racism comes in all colors, I'm not going to deny that. In some instances AA can be racist, like I stated in previous posts with quotas for jobs that concern saving peoples lives. You have to be narrow minded to not see that.

I do agree with AA, to an extent. And I hate to repeat myself so I will let you read my previous posts and use your God given brain to connect the dots. "note I say 'to an extent'"

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

We shouldn't have to equalize what has happened in the past. The past is the past, we learn from it, we don't make up for it. Or at least we shouldn't. Learning is knowledge, knowledge is power. Learn from the past, don't equalize it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You seriously think years and years of slavery doesn't require any work on our part to make the lives of the people we enslaved even a bit closer to equal?

Seriously?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I read this.

Anyone that I've ever seen go on about the "White males are the most discriminated against" garbage were always racist or went on to say racist things.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No one alive today was a slave, or owned a slave. It's retarded to think black people are owed something, because of something that happened 200 years ago. I see this BS attitude from my people as well. That was then, this is now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

So you're saying all white people think like that? I don't get it

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Uh, slavery put black people behind on top of all the Jim Crow laws, Separate but equal, not being able to vote, get jobs, bank loans, on and on and on. The civil rights act was signed in the 1960s, that is not 200 years ago. Racism didn't disappear over night.

edit on 3-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How very compassionate of you.

There are people alive today who dealt with segregation and lynching.

If you can't see that all people of color are still suffering from white imperialism to this day, then I don't even know what to say to you. You're just being blind.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Racism is alive and kicking, and is coming from prettymuch every race. Makes me sick.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:00:18 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Discrimination comes from every race.

Institutionalized racism powered by the government, the police, laws, and the media comes from just one.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by racists and apologists

I was a cop. My partner and I rode the violent crime unit from 8 PM to 4 AM. We responded to only violent crime calls. We saved each other's lives on numberable ocassions . He was black and we were best friends. I saw it then, encountered it then, and detest it to this day. I don't need a lecture about racism.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Boohoo. A lot of my people are on the rez still today, crying about how the white man is keeping them down. Bull brother, it's the whiskey and popping pain killers like it's candy that keeps you down. It's the poor me attitude.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You mean the jews?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Boohoo. A lot of my people are on the rez still today, crying about how the white man is keeping them down. Bull brother, it's the whiskey and popping pain killers like it's candy that keeps you down. It's the poor me attitude.

Oh good, thanks for clearing up whether or not you're a racist by perpetuating that horrifically racist stereotype. I mean it's not like the food on the rez is horrifically overpriced while jobs are non existent or anything. No, it's just that everyone's an alcoholic.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have to call BS on this one.

I don't care if someone is acknowledged as the first of their race to do something.

I will point out reverse racism when I see it though. Why should one person's skin color give them an advantage?

My son was at the top of his High School class yet he didn't get any scholarships. He was an Engineering major at a University. One of his close friends was also in the same major. He was an underrepresented minority. The underrepresented minority got a full ride scholarship. My son got nothing. Is that fair? I'd also like to point out that the underrepresented minority's family was very affluent. He didn't need a scholarship.

In California, there is no longer any racial group that is in the majority. What I'd like to see is a level playing field for all people regardless of the color of your skin our your gender. That would be fair.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They don't even want jobs, the government cuts them a check every month, they are happy just wasting away there on their handouts and complaining about the white man. If my ancestors seen how these fools are acting, they would be sick to their stomach. Proud warriors we once were, not very many of us left. I would rather die than take their hush money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join