It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen something we cant understand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ok last night I was up at my friends garage trying to fix a broken Nissan.. The garage is about 30 miles away from Aberdeen, Scotland. In the country. Can I just say now I did not take any photo's at the time as tbh we were in shock.

There was 3 of us working on the car, we heard a humming noise and thought it was our friend Calum coming back in his old mini. So we kept working.. This was around 3am. Shortly after the noise was still there but had turned into a more of a 'hum' - My friend D and I went outside to see what it was and there was a mega bright light..

You know when you go outside after being in the light, it takes a moment for your eyes to adjust to be able to see the stars. Well this wasnt the case. This light was so instantly bright it made us go 'WTF IS THAT!!' It was similar to a flood/spot light, really noticeable. The skies were really clear last night aswell and kinda mild. There isnt anything around that area regarding swaps, balloons, aircraft etc. A drone? Why there at that time.. :S

We kinda freaked out I wont lie. I ran to turn the lights off in the garage and get my other friend Jites. When I looked back it was moving away pretty quick, and then faded and disappeared along with the noise. We were really freaked out..

About 20 minutes later we heard another noise, but it was different from the first noise. We ran back outside and there was a fixed wing flying in the same direction but on a different heading. This fixed wing was pretty big. Alot larger than the usual flights we operate from Aberdeen to Shetland for example. It did however sound more like a jet fighter than commercial fixed wing.

Iv said before, I work in aviation and have done for years so I know the noises of helicopters and fixed wings. Im around them every day so I know 100% that what we seen last night was not a commercial aircraft. Im not saying ET but iam saying that we all seen this thing.. we were all really really freaked out, didnt know what to say as we all kinda looked at each other and said, "Are we thinking the same thing?"

I just wanted to document this as it was something.. it was weird!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Hi minto
I think its likely that the noise and the light were unrelated , I say this due to the fact that you had an ISS sighting opportunity last night at 2:45 AM .

Aberdeen .. Thu Aug 02/02:45 AM .
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

I've seen it myself and it is a cool and spooky thing to watch .
Hope that helps

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hi OP!

I am in North West England.

I couldn't sleep last night, I saw it too!!!!!!

It was around 3am maybe a little later. It was moving very slowly when I saw it.

There was a bright star higher and to the right of it. I have seen Venus before but this thing was much bigger than any 'star' or planet I have seen in the sky. Not as big as the moon appears though. It was bigger and brighter than the ISS and was moving slower from my vantage point.

I could see it for at least an hour, intermittently as I was trying to get to sleep but kept checking to see if it had moved. It was moving quicker than the stars but still slowly. It was still visible when behind some cloud cover!

I was wondering if it was the Meteor that is passing around now but maybe it was too slow to be that. I have no idea. Truly puzzling.

Wish I had taken pics but sleep was my priority.

I am so glad you saw it too OP!!

edit on 3-8-2012 by Threegirls because: to clarify

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by minto

Hi minto
I think its likely that the noise and the light were unrelated , I say this due to the fact that you had an ISS sighting opportunity last night at 2:45 AM .

Aberdeen .. Thu Aug 02/02:45 AM .
spaceflight1.nasa.gov...®ion=Scotland&city=Aberdeen

I've seen it myself and it is a cool and spooky thing to watch .
Hope that helps

Gortex, I always like your posts mate.

But seriously, I doubt if this guy saw the ISS.

He describes a very bright light and humming noise. I for one do think it was related.

Now mate, can you give any more details please. Maybe the distance, or any other details you can remember.

vvv

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the ISS information! I think I have seen the ISS before, I think what makes this odd was that it was stationary when first seen, rather obviously in my opinion.. Then when we got freaked out, killed the lights and grabbed our other friend it moved off in a very quick movement.

IMO I dont believe that was the ISS. The height it was at was far too low. Helicopter would of been my guess if I didnt spent every day of my life with them.. It was an intelligent object. I have no doubt on that.

Just weird .. If it wasnt so damm bright I wouldn't have noticed it probably!

My 2 friends are on their way to my house now, I'll see what they are thinking today after some sleep.. one thing that we noticed though, that we lost around about an hour of time. I think its more likely due to working on the car (changing an s14 silvia alternator - Pain in the ***; and it still didnt work!) however we always work on cars and never have I 'lost track of time' like that.. it happened around 3.. we got kinda worried went back inside looked at each other.. then tried to continue on and kept saying "Just dont think about it." and when I looked at my phone it was after 4am.. :S I think that was just a coincidence but it was really weird.

edit on 3-8-2012 by minto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

To illustrate the brightness when I saw it, I thought it was a security light at first!!

On closer inspection it was too high, much higher than the houses. Next thought was helicopter but it was not moving anywhere near fast enough and I doubt it would be visible in the same approximate area for an hour+ if it had been a copter. Plus it was a bit bigger/brighter than a helicopter searchlight.

Awesome!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hi VVV
As I said I think the most likely explanation given that the ISS was in the sky around the time of the sighting is that it was the ISS .
My first ISS sighting threw me as it appeared to be stationary (traveling toward me) and when it moved it appeared to be in the sky not in orbit , but I guess that's due the magnitude of the reflection from the station .

As I say for me its the most likely but hey ... who knows

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Last night I was walking the dog about 9pm in sheffield it was overcast and still light and to the left of where the sun sets I saw what looked like a really bright star.

The point is as I said it was overcast and still light very strange.And very bright.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

As I understand from the OP, the light was not that high in the sky. If I understand that wrongly, I do apologize.

The mention of a plane coming past shortly after the sighting, also adds some mystery to the whole story.

So wish there was pics or video.

vvv

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
my brother mentioned seeing two lights in the sky last night.he was on his way home from work but it was one a.m. not three a.m. like your sighting.I didn't take much notice,presumed it was Jupiter and Venus.he's sleeping just now but I will ask him more later today and get back to this thread.a.t.s. misses nothing!
forgot to mention he saw this from the centre of Aberdeen,walking from union street to George street.
edit on 3/8/2012 by glen200376 because: forgot location

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Sounds like a drone or UAV. Traditionally, classical UFO reports tend to be silent or only the lightest of hums. In this case, between the hum and the bright light, I wonder if it's something more domestic?

A few years ago, Lancashire and Fylde had a run of small black triangle reports. Out in the countryside and 'whoosh' goes a low-flying object. At the time, BAE were working on the Taranis right there in Lancashire....small black triangle. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that everything was a Taranis, but it's something I wonder about.

Chances are, somebody, somewhere was flying something similar in the Aberdeen outback. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Funny you mention that. After the event I said to my friend D.. "Things Iv read on the internet always said that UFO's made no noise.. but that was a rather loud humming noise.." Which is why I thought more likely domestic a/c of some sort. However it does fit the UFO tag, As we have no clue wtf it was! lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

"Just don't think about it."

Whoa! You have just crossed the line where most of those folks unconvinced about UFOs dare not go.
The implications that there is something more at play than a mere strange aerial objects is just unbearable for them. That leaves them only one recourse, debunk andd deny.

This factor of mental control, maybe merely a given suggestion in your guys' instance if not a true time-loss, is the main reason why UFOs are a much more volatile factor for mankind than the less threatening but miraculous craft they control.

Your government could tell you at any day that the ETs are here in their craft, but they can't and won't tell you that the ETs can control your mind if they feel the need. That is not to suggest that they can swoop down and control lthe minds of everybody at once. But it has been made painfully clear that they can control small groups.

And the release of that info will be enough for the ETs to be instantly feared, hated and seen as evil. Religious peoplel will call them the devil. It would lead to worldwide unrest. That is why the ETs do not plop themselves down, open the hatch and come out with arm loads of little technological gadgets. Such gifts would mean nothing compared to what remains hidden from most of humanity.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
^ Hmm, That sounds kinda strange. Guess anything could be possible. ..

Iv spoken to the other guys now and we all agree that it was the strangest thing we'd ever seen. I dont think the time thing has much to do with it, however I havent 'forgotton' an hour before.. maybe forget stuff a few weeks ago but not like just loosing time. Even when fun is to be had!

Thanks for the input guys.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You SAW something, you didnt seen it............

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

You also are not meant to finish a sentence with multiple full stops.

new topics

top topics

join