It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire to start own Jurassic Park?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I detest the idea of cloning any living being.. that being said I wouldn't protest ethical organ cloning in the name of saving lives and the betterment of human life..

This is just exploitation for entertainment and/or money. Yeah, we could learn some stuff from this. Doesn't mean its right. The idea of cloned beings disgusts me. Partly because I believe in god and in souls. Every inch of my being screams out against cloning I can't stress this enough..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Is there a comandment that says thou shalt not clone? Nope. Why do you people put thoughts in God's mind or suppose you know how god would feel about anything. Sigh... God gave us brains and a universe to exploit.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
this man obviously stopped watching every movie half way in.
2cd line.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hmm there was a thread that talks about the possibility of cloning dinosaurs here in ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus hmmm I remember there is a rumor that dinosaurs are still alive in the deepest jungles of africa

here check this out

Mokele-mbembe: a living dinosaur?
by David Catchpoole

Over the past 100 years, there have been many reports of sightings, in a remote area of central Africa, of a swamp-dwelling animal known to local villagers as ‘mokele-mbembe’—the ‘blocker-of-rivers’.1–7 It is described as living mainly in the water, its size somewhere between that of a hippopotamus and an elephant, but with a squat body and a long neck that enables it to pluck leaves and fruit from plants near the water’s edge. The creature is said to climb the shore at daytime in search of food.8 Witnesses’ drawings show that mokele-mbembe resembles nothing recognisable as still living on Earth, but it does bear a startling likeness to a sauropod dinosaur known to us by its fossil skeletons—similar in shape to a small Apatosaurus.9

creation.com...

Now if this billionaire wants a Jurassic Park all he needs to do is capture these creatures from Africa and put them on his resort. Much more cost effective than cloning them (I don't endorse capturing them and bringing them out of their habitat though)

edit on 4-8-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My first thought is that it won't end well for the dinosaurs. Keep in mind the Earth Had a lot more oxygen and our race adapted to it. I imagine it will be a difference but i'm not an expert and i could be just talking out of my ass on this one but such a large species (In size) Would need alot of oxygen. But as i said i know nothing much of this subject so i'm only guesstimating

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

depends though rumors abound sauropod dinosaurs still exist in the jungles of africa

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If they still exist, they've adapted.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

hmm if I were the billionaire that wants dinosaurs I would mount an expedition and get them if they exist. Much better than cloning since it's more cost effective

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Indeed, Plus they come fun sized

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well this billionaire should be funding this expedition if his dream wants to come true

Dinosaur Hunter Seeks Funds For African Expedition

How's this for using the Internet in an unusual way? Stephen McCullah needs funds to finance an expedition to remote areas of the African Congo in search of unknown species of animals -- including a possible living dinosaur.

McCullah, 21, is reaching out to potential sponsors on Kickstarter, the Internet's funding site for creative projects.

"I'll be launching one of the first expeditions in this century with the goal of categorizing plant and animal species in the vastly unexplored Republic of the Congo," Missouri native McCullah wrote on Kickstarter.

"Our hope is to discover a wide variety of new species along the way," he explained. "I have a strong passion for exploring and researching the few 'impregnable' locations on Earth. The places that make people shudder are the ones I'm most drawn towards."

Dubbed "The Newmac Expedition," McCullah plans a preliminary three-month, five-man venture.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well i ain't going if i know monster movies. The nerd CAN and WILL die.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Being able to reconstruct the DNA of a Dinosaur goes a long way in the fight to reconstruct what the normal genes should look like for people with genetic deformities. Again, if we can make a Dino successful, then many of the babies that aren't viable now have a future. So, even the frivolous can lead to a better society.

reply to post by SevenThunders

Not that they can't but that they won't grow as big. We know we can grow things like dragonflies much larger than the normal world, in a specialized atmosphere, and it affects how big they grow. It's not DNA alone that determines size. Other factors come into play.

reply to post by phantom150

But we have ships larger than the Titanic, so jsut a bit of modernization, and the thing is fine--that is, until someone insists that God can't sink it, again.

reply to post by syrinx high priest

While some of the dinos are more likely to be birds, not all of them could be done this way.

reply to post by Xeven

Nah, not to exploit, but to be caretakers. Big difference, that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We need to leave cloning alone or humanity is going to end up like the Greys with no soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join