It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire to start own Jurassic Park?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Summerwind
That would definitely make a place for some popular webcams. But what would you feed a T-Rex?

The tourists.

Didn't you read the book or see the movie?
I'd go see them they would be pretty damned cool but

“God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.”

“You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct.”

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The scientists that cloned Dolly the sheep would probably laugh in his face.

He should work on bringing the woolly mammoth back.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it"

The quote above is spoken by Malcom, a character in the film Jurassic Park whose profession as a theoretical chaos scientist remarking on to embark on such a endeavor would result in extreme calamity.

And I would agree with those that extinct should stay that way. Dinosaurs and other extinct species should be left to rest in peace. It's the only respectful and responsible thing to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Summerwind
That would definitely make a place for some popular webcams. But what would you feed a T-Rex?

This is how (and what) to feed a T-rex, if the billionaire plays his cards right.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Lysis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If the experiment succeeds it will surely bring the human cloning issue to the forefront.G-D forbid the thing runs amok and would have to be put down.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Future of War?

Iran would give up its nuclear program for sure if the US rode in on these things

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
we already have humanoid dinos walking on this planet, we don't need anymore

edit on 1-8-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

its already happening

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

OH-EM-GE, I really hope so. Every since I saw Stephen Spielberg's bloody masterpiece I have had wet dreams about it coming true.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

That is a quite sick thing to dream about and wanting it to become a reality. Seriously. The whole thing is simply horrific. This kind of tampering with nature and natural order will doom each and every one of us. Death by the cult of cool.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Hasnt that been the norm with all forms of new tech?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't think it would work for the big dinosaurs. Our current oxygen concentration is too low. Dinosaurs can not survive in the current environment.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This from the same guy who is building 'Titanic II'
Obviously likes his movies and has plenty of dollars,just hope he hasnt watched 'Aliens'

Its all Bs anyway(or should i say publicity)
"Colourful mining billionaire Clive Palmer may have a costly penchant for resurrecting remnants of the past, but he has no intentions of extending that to long-extinct reptiles, sources say.
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

edit on 2-8-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I had (or maybe still have somewhere) the Diplodocus....

It was sooo cool!!!! Definitely a contender for my favourite childhood toy!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Clive Palmer is also the person who proposed the Titanic 2 and many quite a few other radical idea's.
Although very rich Clive seems to say allot of radical idea's often believed to attract media attention.

Reading his article on Banning Pensioners on his new vessel it would appear he has a few screws loose.
Palmer prepares Titanic II for sail, but pensioners beware

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I was going to say, I don't think they could survive. One of the reasons they were able to get so big was because the oxygen content was much higher.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
assuming they can find mosquitoes in amber with dino blood
assuming they can extract DNA

how do you jump start mitosis ? where do you get the first egg from ?

ostrich eggs ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've been completely fascinated by dinos since I was a kid and if it was ever pulled off I'd face my phobia of flying and fly across the world ten times to see it.

However.. I just don't think its possible. The environment was so much different back then, and although you might say we could simulate the environment, I don't think it's that easy. I think that even gravity was a lot different on this planet back then. I believe that alone would make this impossible. They wouldn't be able to survive on this planet under the present conditions. That some were so incredibly large is evidence alone that gravity may have been different than it is today.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by DaemonD14

That is a quite sick thing to dream about and wanting it to become a reality. Seriously. The whole thing is simply horrific. This kind of tampering with nature and natural order will doom each and every one of us. Death by the cult of cool.

opinion.

2nd

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by SevenThunders

I was going to say, I don't think they could survive. One of the reasons they were able to get so big was because the oxygen content was much higher.

and i think i read somewhere it was A LOT warmer back then too. there was something about warmer climate that allowed for larger animals. being larger they have a naturally slower metabolism than smaller animals. then there is THERMOREGULATION, larger animals take longer to heat up to begin with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join