It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One sided Propaganda & Journalism The Desperate News Media On Syria Continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The Desperate Mainstream News
The guardian One side Journalism
[Plus More Updates]

Since the failure of the attack on The battle of Damascus, last week's attack on the Capital city looked more of a terrorist attack rather then an full blown assault as for claimed by the FSA commander in which he stated that they had around 30,000 fighters.

After the attack on Damascus not surprisingly the western mainstream news outlets with the likes of CNN,BBC,and other outlets rallied around the rebels with the all the fancy heroic news stories and pictures featuring there heroic hero's in all of them covering there faces with face masks which makes them look like the mujahideen terrorist fighters.

Yesterday BBC took no time to further spread and repeat the propaganda narrative as it was once used in Libya the claim that the Gaddafi was bombing.

His own people in Benghazi but the question did he really bomb the people in Benghazi, the answer is no the only reason solo reason the mainstream claimed that he has is because of those two Libyan pilots who defected.

Why at that time did only those pilots defected why not the entire air force? its more likely they were bribed by the western countries to defect to Malta, in order to create a news story for the public to believe into, in which with that as it was led with the creation of a covert intervention under the guise of protecting civilians by the UN resolution.

A few days ago the BBC had secretly send one of its reporters in Aleppo. Ian Pannell who had secretly embedded with the rebels in Aleppo but with that it does rise a very serious question are Journalists really Journalists or government infiltrators?

Since the Sryian conflict started CNN has long proclaimed the following statement which reused by CNN multiple of times.

"CNN cannot independently verify reports of deaths and violence because the Syrian government has severely restricted access by international media."

In reality then it seems that the mainstream news outlets aren't real journalists but Spooks on the ground.
The guardian Proclaiming the end for Assad Yet Again this time in Aleppo

BBC isn't the only western news outlet that has embedded its journalists with the Sryian Rebels not surprisingly the guardian has embedded its Luke Harding into Aleppo along with Ian Pannel so now the question raises are they really journalists?

Luke Harding previously on the dawn of the battle for Damascus as for claimed that it would be an victory for the rebels and an end for Assad, that has not happened. And has quoted number of times of people claiming to live near the capital in which he nor the guardian couldn't verify but writes it down anyway.

"Majid Arar, who lives closer to the scene of the attack, told the Guardian. "After hearing the news of the generals being killed there was some excitement and some joy, because people are furious [with the regime]. But when the government started bombarding people started to feel very scared. It's joy and at the same time fear for the future. People are now more open to talk about what's going on in the city, even on the telephone. People usually fear that the government is listening but are now more open to talking. Some barriers have been broken."

The lines "was some excitement and some joy, because people are furious [with the regime]" was added by Luke.

"even on the telephone"

This person Majid Arar does not exist in Sryia, if you search for his name on google it would usual show the same guardian news article. With the same person but however.

The name Majid Arar comes from this news story.
Source

Rather then the mainstream news outlets like giving us his real name they started using dead's peoples names.
As the story of this person reads.

"A large force of Israeli army surrounded the home of Majid Arar .. "All residents in the house left immediately ..." , They kept shouting through loudspeakers"

As the bold texts shows that was added in by Luke Harding not the Guardian if the western mainstream news outlets and there journalists are been restricted from entering Sryia then how can the person Majid Arar talk to the guardian immediately?

This is the article.
Syria crisis: 'a huge snowball that can destroy everything'

"The regime may have succeeded in quelling the rebellion in Damascus, for the moment. But virtually the entire country is in the grip of a popular revolution."

Read through Luke's propaganda desperate lines here.

Syria's war is sometimes streamed live for the YouTube generation.

"Victory is coming soon. Almost half of Aleppo is now with the FSA," Abdul Gabbar Kaidi, the colonel in charge of the rebel battle for Aleppo, said bullishly. Kaidi was sitting in his HQ, a former school. Walkie-talkies sat on a table and a whiteboard showed his plans for attack. He broke off the conversation to take a phone call – the rebels, he said, had just succeeded in downing an army helicopter.

The FSA Rebels have claiming that victory would come since 17 months and since two weeks ago when they launched a terrorist attack on Damascus.

Anyone remember these headlines?
Syrian rebels start 'liberate Damascus' operation

"There is no going back. The Damascus battle has priority for us. We have started the operation to liberate Damascus," Saadeddine said, adding the rebels had called their operation "Damascus volcano and Syrian earthquake".

Well what an volcano that was, it looked more like an Terrorist attack then an uprising in Damascus as i stated previously.

Heres an old clip from two weeks by AJ.
Damascus Volcano: The Beginning of the End for the Assad Regime?

As al jazeera claimed on July 17 that the attack on Damascus was a Turning point but in reality it wasn't really a turning point it looked nothing more then a rag tag group of Terrorists then Rebels.

And Today in the News.
Rebels claim success in Aleppo 0

A member of the Free Syrian Army flashes the victory sign on a captured tank after taking control of a checkpoint from government forces in Anadan, north Aleppo, July 31, 2012. REUTERS/Obeida Al Naimi

Thats right they are cheering after capturing a checkpoint of the countryside but not within the city itself See the farm land in the picture?

Continued.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Rebels Firm Regimes Grave

In the article it claims and suggests.

The regime has tried for three days to regain Salaheddine, but its attempts have failed and it has suffered heavy losses in human life, weapons and tanks, and it has been forced to withdraw,” said Colonel Abdel-Jabbar al-Oqaidi, head of the Joint Military Council, one of several rebel groups in Aleppo.

Thats because Assad forces ere focusing into areas part of the country in and around Aleppo, but since the mainstream news outlets are one sided with the terrorists yet again dont let them that tell you that fact.

A rebel commander in Aleppo said his fighters’ aim was to push towards the city centre, district by district, a goal he believed they could achieve “within days, not weeks"

Isnt that what the rebel commader of Damascus claimed about the opreation in Damascus?

The rebel commander lied that they had 30,000 fighters in Damascus, and now we have this commander in Aleppo claiming they would achieve victory within days, not weeks?
And this part is quiet Ironic.

"Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan, once a friend of Assad, has become one of his most vocal opponents. Erdogan spoke by phone to U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday."

“God willing, the brotherly Syrian people and the Middle East will soon be freed from this dictator with blood on his hands, and his regime, which was built on blood,” Erdogan said late on Tuesday in a monthly television address."

Funny another guy just like the mainstream news outlets who could see into the future first they stated If Assad leaves and now again not if but When he leaves?

Thats called wishful thinking, i highly doubt that Assad will be defeated by bunch of hired westren terrorists such with the likes of mujahideen fighters the same ones that fought in Bosnia.

In this article it Reads the following.
Rebels in Syria’s Largest City Said to Seize 2 Police Stations
Rebels in Syria’s Largest City Said to Seize 2 Police Stations

Notice this part in the article?

Residents and activists said the Syrian Army was attacking from a military base on the city’s southern edge, while rebel commanders and activists said the rebels controlled eastern sections of the city as they continued to fight for neighborhoods near the center of the city and in Salaheddiin, a large neighborhood in the southwest part of Aleppo.

That's a lie

while rebel commanders and activists said the rebels controlled eastern sections of the city

I would take my bet its those activists on twitter

He added, “People are not really moving out now because of the shelling.”

People aren't moving out now because of the shelling, they are moving out because they are not Pro FSA nor will they ever turn to be Pro FSA.

The rebels in Aleppo have been fighting in around the countryside not the city itself they use the hit and run tactics as seen in Damascus last two weeks.

Here's an article by the AFP.
Aleppo to be Syria army's 'graveyard': rebel chief

It is pitch black as he arrives at an isolated farmhouse surrounded by olive groves in northern Syria for an interview with an AFP correspondent.

He assures that the rebel Free Syrian Army will not withdraw, as it did in Damascus earlier this month, but that it will face the attack.

Thats what they claimed in Homs and yet they withdraw from Homs.

As for CNN, CNN was Busy creating Heroic articles on the FSA and you will see why most of them are nothing Propaganda, its no wonder why CNN ratings are sinking.

Faces of the Free Syrian Army
Syria: As al-Assad's grip loosens, what could come next?

this morning as usual the Guardian claims the following on its live update blog.
Live Updates.

The claim is that the FSA fighters control 70% of Aleppo and that the people are.

People are supporting us because they got fed up of the regime and the 60-year oppression – they can't wait for the day they see Syria free.

I highly doubt that claim the FSA have never been truthful to there words as seen from last week.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yawn yawn here we ago again . Yet another desperate attempt to defend your conspiracy that everything in the west is evil and the only good guys are the middle east dictators and far east dictators
. The west are no angels but the likes of Assad are just nasty nasty people and you just don't seem to be able to come terms with that. So you do your own spin. Here's one that caught my eye :

A few days ago the BBC had secretly send one of its reporters in Aleppo. Ian Pannell who had secretly embedded with the rebels in Aleppo but with that it does rise a very serious question are Journalists really Journalists or government infiltrators?

So becasue they reported things secretly that confirmed what is being reported openly ie Assad is bad guy surrounding himself with thugs! You have to "spin" the story and imply the journalist is a government stooge.

What you have done is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ACCUSE THE MSM OF DOING . well done. Give yourself a pat on the back.

You have provided proof positive that you are spinning stories for your own agenda. Are you the MSM? Maybe you are working for the government and pretending to be a conspiracist using reverse psychology. Hey the proof is here in black and white, written in your own hand! You cannot deny it. Only a true infiltrator would deny it!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Yawn yawn here we ago again . Yet another desperate attempt to defend your conspiracy that everything in the west is evil and the only good guys are the middle east dictators and far east dictators

And i would take that you view Qatar, Saudi Arabia the same guys who are arming,funding them and sending them mujahideen fighters as Good right?

Here are some links to help you out and wake up a bit.
Saudi Arabia Arming Syrian Rebels

Saudi Arabia Is Arming the Syrian Opposition

Report: Saudi Arabia Arms Syrian Rebels

Of course heres the spin from KSA and they are denying the accusations of it but with the links its already been proven they are arming them.

Saudi Arabia denies accusation of arming Syrian rebels

I already have reported that the mujahideen are in Sryia so why are you so hard trying to deny the facts that i have provided?

That fact we are helping Radicals as we did in Egypt, Libya?

I have been investigating the mujahideen since i was 17 and since when i joined ATS why did you think i made so many Bosnian threads?

link   

You have provided proof positive that you are spinning stories for your own agenda.

What story has the OP spun to suit their own agenda in this thread...it all looks legit to me. There is no denying that there is a mass propaganda campaign against the Assad regime in Syria, are you denying this? I'm not saying you are denying it but that is the tone I get from your post.

The OP has made some very good points in this thread, care to refute any?

S n F OP

link   
a well put together thread,these have been few and far between on a.t.s. lately.the whole thing stinks of Libya.while reading this the usual b.b.c. lunchtime news Syria story was on.grainy bit of footage,showing nothing but the alleged sound of shelling(by Assad troops of course)then the usual hospital scene,little blood and bandages.you are not the only one seeing the propaganda o.p.!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Only a true infiltrator would deny it!

Is this an attempt at comedy through absurdity?
What on earth did USA Supporter Agent infiltrate? ATS? No one needs to "infiltrate" this forum, you just register and anyone can be a member if they follow the guidelines. In comparison, you have reporters on the ground in Syria who obviously were not given visas by the Syrian government to be there, and had to have been given some sort of visa by the Turkish government who would have known full well the reporter's intention to illegally enter Syria from their country. So quite a big difference, one person (USA Supporter Agent infiltrate) following the rules, and the reporters who are criminals but we know will never face prosecution because the British and Turkish governments are complicit and are co-conspirators.
edit on 1-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here is another example of Journalists using blatant propaganda on the Syria situation:

gizmodo.com...&["type":"iframeUpdated","height":2243]

Here is my favorite post on this picture from one of our local comedians.

The one on the right is the Photoshop. The reverse is true from that claimed here.

Look at the shadows, the ladies head covering has far more detail in the left photo also, the right one is a complete black blur, probably touched up because all the draping folds in front could not lie about the shadows. Cheaply done also.

How easily you are all had when hatred for the MSM blinds you.

Taken like complete suckers by simple propaganda for Assad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I saw a sky news a report, about the FSA murdering Syrians loyal to Assad. Of course it was those evil terrorists `al cia da`. (American muslims fighting for democracy in the arab world.) Armed now with missiles so that they can take down Assads planes. We have seen gadaffi get his, on state news servises. Will this happen with Assad? Gadaffi and Assad are not as bad a bushs personal family friend. Good old ladin bin of crap who was given a muslim burial at see. What a crock this Syrian revolution is.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Looks like none of the usual MSM eaters are willing to come and dispute any of the claims in the OP.

Bump, star, and flag OP.

This propaganda is too much to handle

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Syria is a Civil War. Defined by the UN, even Russia or China could not put a stop to that designation.
That means Syrians are fighting Syrians. It is obvious who's side Russia and China are on, where is the outrage that they picked a side in a Civil War? What is the difference if the West has picked a side then?

What is the point of this thread?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Syria is a Civil War. Defined by the UN, even Russia or China could not put a stop to that designation.
That means Syrians are fighting Syrians. It is obvious who's side Russia and China are on, where is the outrage that they picked a side in a Civil War? What is the difference if the West has picked a side then?

What is the point of this thread?

That means Syrians are fighting Syrians.
If you took the read the whole thread which i doubt that you did, Sryia isn't fighting agaisnt Syrians but terrorists that America supports and even admits on funding them.

The other two countries that are funding and arming them are two undemocratic regimes and dictatorship countries and again if you did read the thread which i doubt that you did.

It explains the hypocrisy of the double standards by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the double standards by the westren mainstream news outlets with there one sided propaganda.

Thats the point of the thread but like the user stated people like you dont want to believe the other side so what you and a few others are.

Basically you believe the mainstream news outlets. For another example of western propaganda on Sryia i will add another news link this time from Yahoo with a video

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Firstly i am not surprised you are getting likes for spamming like post (No offense meant mods) if you want mods please do so and leave this as off topic

You have provided proof positive that you are spinning stories for your own agenda. Are you the MSM? Maybe you are working for the government and pretending to be a conspiracist using reverse psychology. Hey the proof is here in black and white, written in your own hand! You cannot deny it. Only a true infiltrator would deny it!

Are you the MSM? Maybe you are working for the government and pretending to be a conspiracist

Once again not surprisingly i am been accused as a government agenda pretending to be a conspiracist nice lie but i can re sure to you that i am not an government agent in way or shape or form.

I do not have a government job nor any jobs i am unemployed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And as i promised here is the news link from today's Yahoo story.
Syrians suffering from food shortages

Longlines for bread in the Syrian city of Idlib. This is the only open bakery in the area and supplies are scarce. Some say the've been waiting for three hours. The northwestern city is just one of many in Syria suffering serious food shortages as the country heads in into the 17th month of the insurgency. Meanwhile the Turkish military conducts military exercises on the boarder --- a move that seemed to highlight Ankara's growing unease about the security climate. Particularly worrying to Turkish officials are rpeorts of Kurdish presence in northern Syria;. Twenty-five tanks were deployed to the border for the exercise which is expected to last serveral days. There were no indications on Wednesday that Turkish forces will cross the border. Deborah Gembara, Reuters.

Notice the mistake in the story? when they were typing it out? rpeorts? does he meaan reports?

And some people here say my English is bad look at that headline article with the bad grammar.

Now here's the propaganda line.

Longlines for bread in the Syrian city of Idlib. This is the only open bakery in the area and supplies are scarce. Some say the've been waiting for three hours. The northwestern city is just one of many in Syria suffering serious food shortages as the country heads in into the 17th month of the insurgency.

The video doesn't do much justice either.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The Western Media get their fake news direct from the CIA and MI6

The 'Syrian Observatory for Human Rights' is just MI6 posing as a Human Rights organization, giving out fake news to further the agenda of bringing regime change to Syria

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The West have deliberately caused these food shortages, but now we are told it as if Assad has caused them, and as if it is a reason for intervention. There are staving people in many countries around the world who we are not being told about, but now because the Bankers want to put a central bank in Syria, now Syrian's are staving and we need to save them

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And as i promised here is the news link from today's Yahoo story.
Syrians suffering from food shortages

Longlines for bread in the Syrian city of Idlib. This is the only open bakery in the area and supplies are scarce. Some say the've been waiting for three hours. The northwestern city is just one of many in Syria suffering serious food shortages as the country heads in into the 17th month of the insurgency. Meanwhile the Turkish military conducts military exercises on the boarder --- a move that seemed to highlight Ankara's growing unease about the security climate. Particularly worrying to Turkish officials are rpeorts of Kurdish presence in northern Syria;. Twenty-five tanks were deployed to the border for the exercise which is expected to last serveral days. There were no indications on Wednesday that Turkish forces will cross the border. Deborah Gembara, Reuters.

Notice the mistake in the story? when they were typing it out? rpeorts? does he meaan reports?

And some people here say my English is bad look at that headline article with the bad grammar.

Now here's the propaganda line.

Longlines for bread in the Syrian city of Idlib. This is the only open bakery in the area and supplies are scarce. Some say the've been waiting for three hours. The northwestern city is just one of many in Syria suffering serious food shortages as the country heads in into the 17th month of the insurgency.

The video doesn't do much justice either.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
The West have deliberately caused these food shortages, but now we are told it as if Assad has caused them, and as if it is a reason for intervention. There are staving people in many countries around the world who we are not being told about, but now because the Bankers want to put a central bank in Syria, now Syrian's are staving and we need to save them

Yes, anything to spur the bleeding hearts to action.

Makes me so mad how people at work etc will start talking about the hungry in Syria as if it's a real problem that only can solve by supporting a military invasion. Real people are thinking and talking like this, and i'm astonished.

TPTB really do create the reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It makes one wonder how much more of history has been rewritten from before we were born.

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by drbatstein

Yes, anything to spur the bleeding hearts to action.

Makes me so mad how people at work etc will start talking about the hungry in Syria as if it's a real problem that only can solve by supporting a military invasion. Real people are thinking and talking like this, and i'm astonished.

TPTB really do create the reality.

new topics

top topics

join