It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silo checkin in finally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hey curious minds, how gos the browsing? I've been lurking since 05 or 06, the wild days lol. ATS has been a staple for me and i've decided its time to break the silence =).

Anyway, i can't wait to throw ideas around while learning and expanding my understanding of...... well...... pretty much everything, this is ATS after all lol, and luckily ATS has always had a nice bank of intelligent people ready to converse with a curious guy.

To top it off. I firmly believe Curiosity is the strongest trait we have as the human race and every great thinker, great innovator, any discovery at all really is owed to this one all powerful feature.

how about you?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

Welcome to ATS...glad you decided to finally take the plunge. I look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

Congrats on become an official member of ATS. I love everything I read, learn, sharing experiences etc. See you in the forums~

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I'll be seeing you guys in the forums as well, where I'm sure you'll prove me wrong at least a couple times a day,

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Welcome,

I signed up a couple of years ago, and am still more of a lurker than a joiner, but it is nice to have the option to add to a conversation.

I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

Yea its nice to poke in and read a little and duck out. It's no fun when something really interest you or compels you to comment and you can't, on the other hand one could wind up with a headache resulting from " just have to respond" mode and now i can respond.

Should be interesting =)

Forgot to tell you that your avatar is made me laugh
edit on 31-7-2012 by Silo4 because: sweeet dog

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Welcome, and enjoy your stay,

edit on 31-7-2012 by WAKEYWAKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEYWAKEY

Hey thanks, What is this glorious gift of a grey square you have bestowed upon me?

Either that or it's a broken link =( lol

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

Sorry was trying to upload some Bill Hicks " It's just a ride" for you, but for some reason it failed..Welcome

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Silo4..I'm glad you came out of lurking mode and joined i cant wait to read your posts and threads see you soon on the main boards! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Thanks Wakey, I went and watched it and you know what. I made the choice to join ATS today because I've been really thinking about something exactly along those lines and i the first part of it in my first intro and it got deleted earlier. Seriously though, When i get to 20 post i'll put it up and i hope you'll bounce ideas off me.... That's pretty cool man, heh.

And Thanks sugar, =) Good reception here, friendly vibes, it's nice. What have i been missing lol

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

Hello Silo4

Welcome to ATS,

Yes the "Bill Hicks ' It's just a ride' " is definitely one of my favourites, its nice to experience humans with such profound insight regardless of how entertaining it may appear.

Your initial post prompted me to reconsider that very question "What is curiosity? really.." one of my interest is in the realm of artificial intelligence and that very question Silo4, makes me want to rethink a software design of mine, thank you.

an interesting ripple indeed

I hope to see you round the boards sometime.

Muzz

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We just got together and made up this banner for your 25 cent tour from old Silo parts...

Welcome Silo4

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Ah that's great, let me know how it turns out please Ormuz, sounds like you found yourself an interesting line of work.

What is Curiosity?

Curiosity - Say a gentleman building his home out of lumber, he has some family helping and they won't stop complaining about all the splinters they're getting from the work. Curiosity is the gentleman, when he gets a splinter, he examines it, yet he's not pulling it out. He starts to think, " Isn't it amazing this tiny piece of lumber started out as a tree, then the wood was milled and made usable planks which this splinter,yet even smaller broke off from this plank"........ He then pulls out his splinter and tries cutting it smaller, smaller, smaller, this man cuts it so small he can barely see it and yet he's still Curios to cut it again and again.........

That man is curious, one could assume if he kept o this path maybe he'd discover cells or made another break through. Curiosityis an evolutionary advantage imo.

It is what makes people great, Curiosity is the first caveman that finally got sick of dragging meat and supplies around etc, thought there must be a better way, this caveman starts slowing the group down by trying all different ways to carry or pull his share. The leader of the hunting pack is irritated and chases our Curious caveman off and returns to the hunters to continue..... Our Curious caveman continues walking back to the cave alone meanwhile he's still shifting his share all over his body trying to figure out a better way, when he slips on a smooth rock and nearly falls he gets angry and kicks it and watches this smooth rock roll across the ground. He drops his share of the meat and runs over to the rock staring at it Curously, slowly he places his foot on the rock and moves his foot all over with such ease..........

This caveman was curious, while others wanted nothing to do with his fumbling around etc. One could assume this man could possibly go on to develop the wheel. Why? Curiosity set him apart even in his time.

Through my studies i've come to understand curiosity is and always has been essential to human development in almost every way, mentally, physically etc. I can be like einstein and be so curios i do thought experiments in my head and produce results, or physically i can be our caveman and physically step on a rock and instead of kicking it aside and cussing like the rest, he places his foot the rock again...

It's beautiful and can be applied to pretty much every invention and revolutionary line of thought because no one would have ever wondered if there was more or an easier way. Curiosity Rules...........

Curiosity (from Latin curiosus "careful, diligent, curious," akin to cura "care") is an emotion related to natural inquisitive behavior such as exploration, investigation, and learning, evident by observation in human and many animal species. The term can also be used to denote the behavior itself being caused by the emotion of curiosity. As this emotion represents a drive to know new things, curiosity is a major driving forces behind scientific research and other disciplines of human study.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Silo4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by Silo4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hey thanks Johnny, the welcome banner is beautiful, you clearly have much skill in your Silo working abilities. impressive sir, impressive.

new topics

top topics

join