It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China keeps up block on Bloomberg website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Bloomberg's news website remains blocked by China's state censors a full month after it detailed the riches amassed by the family of Xi Jinping, the man who is expected to be the country's next president.

Although periodic outages of foreign media websites in China are common, the month-long total blackout of Bloomberg is an unusually harsh response, highlighting the extent to which its coverage angered the government.

Beijing has tried to apply pressure in other ways, too. In the weeks since the article was published, people believed to be state security agents have tailed some Bloomberg employees; Chinese bankers and financial regulators have cancelled previously arranged meetings with Matthew Winkler, Bloomberg's editor-in-chief; and Chinese investigators have visited local investment banks to see if they shared any information with Bloomberg, according to people with knowledge of these incidents.

This is quite interesting. Yes, we in the USA have been bamboozled by the elite (including Mitt Romney), but in China, they don't even get to read about how corrupt and greedy their politicians are.

I did a scan for new threads and new topics, but didn't see this....if it's a dupe, please let me know.

Another thread in this forum states that the West is no longer in control, as the East rises. But, at what expense to transparency and freedom? At least we get to hear about the "catches" of these nefarious power-monger greed addicts. Yet another thread discusses how Iceland jailed their bankers and wiped out all debts. A "reboot" for them, and they are prospering.

I suggest that every one of the tax-evading elite and uber-rich and especially the rich Politicians should continue to be exposed...

Interested in hearing feedback. Thanks, ATS.
~wild
edit on 30-7-2012 by wildtimes because: source

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hmm..just like here in the U.S., where they have blocked the Syrian News Agency, SANA.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Ugghhh.. I know, right? It's really despicable how we are treated. "Well, what they don't know won't hurt them..."

RRrriiiiigggghhhht.

I say we all drop out of the system. And don't vote at all. We don't know what we're signing up for, and it's all way too sketchy. I saw on another thread also that the GOP wants to put a stop to voting rights for minorities, and stifle education so that kids are NOT taught Higher Thinking (Critical Thinking) skills (at least in Texas). "We don't want any challenge to their fixed beliefs and parental teaching."

Shameful. Just keep us poor, ignorant, and in the dark, and aside from that, CHEAT AND LIE. It's disgusting.

edit on 30-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
cant stand censorship.

why are we all so afraid of each other? what would be so wrong if we all lived in glass houses? (metaphorically speaking) although the literal aforementioned would be equally awesome. finding like minded people to create acceptance and community while accepting others who chose differently to do as they will. maybe even one day encouraging them to be different ........

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blu3nowh3r3

why are we all so afraid of each other? what would be so wrong if we all lived in glass houses? (metaphorically speaking) although the literal aforementioned would be equally awesome. finding like minded people to create acceptance and community while accepting others who chose differently to do as they will. maybe even one day encouraging them to be different ........

Thanks for this, blu3, very much.
That's my hope for the world.
Compassion, understanding, openness, honesty, and we all have plenty.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I actually thought that this was going to be something pertaining to Mayor Bloomberg and China blocking him/his stuff.
I thought why? They are so much alike.

Censorship is wrong wherever it occurs IMO. If they are so sure their system is the right one, then they should allow their citizens to freely experience what else is out there at any time they choose. I mean, they would still love their own government surely....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Even though the communist party in China blocks websites like this, ALL the people of China know that their leaders are rich and corrupt and they even know that the communist party is fake..

Yes fake, the people in the communist party don't really believe in their own dumbshow.. They only use it to enrichen themselves, and most of the relatives of these rich elite leaders actually have United States green cards and go to colleges right here in the USA.. These people have empathy only for themselves and those in their own circles, like their family and friends, so they turn a blind eye away from the sadistic judgement the enforcers cast upon the dissenters.

There are still enough of them that have no feelings at all and enforce the communist totalitarian rule with an iron fist. They have special people who love to torture dissenters and enemies of the state.. These people move from target to target like a swarm of killer bees.. The things they do those that are considered enemies are what you might expect to see happening in hell.

They allow Christians in China to build a nice new church, and then come in when it is finished and bulldoze it in front of them, and then beat women and children while the others watch.

The people are not stupid in China, and all know of these things.they try to live life and avoid becoming a target, but sometimes enough is enough, and then they will attack and beat the police and destroy property in protests, but these are crushed by the military police very quickly.. News of those kinds of things take time to filter down through word of mouth..

Scary how the USA is beginning to look like it is taking on traits of this same thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The people are not stupid in China, and all know of these things.they try to live life and avoid becoming a target, but sometimes enough is enough, and then they will attack and beat the police and destroy property in protests, but these are crushed by the military police very quickly.. News of those kinds of things take time to filter down through word of mouth..

Scary how the USA is beginning to look like it is taking on traits of this

Yes. It is indeed, scary. Thanks for contributing.

top topics

join