It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you like to be blissfully wealthy or poor with your lover ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
-Choice (A) You are rich forever. You can go anywhere buy anything and come home to you beautiful fancy mansion. The downside is you can NEVER see your current lover or children again. The plus side is you have it all.

You are rich, beautiful and can have all the cake you DESIRE.......Just give up your loved ones. You can find new love anyway. Life will be blissful, joyful, most ever so adventurously addicted to this new pleasureful state of existence you are. You WANT this LIFESTYLE. Why not GIVE IN to this desire you so deeply hunger for.

or would you rather....

-Choice (B) Have nothing as a HOMELESS person with your lover. You will FEEL PAIN and SUFFERING like never before. GOD will NOT SAVE you out there.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Easily broke with my lover( ladies still looking)

This has crossed my mind before but only if she is the woman of my dreams

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Choice A, if its "give up your lover or children" because I have neither... hell, even if I could live a life of riches and never love anyone again (lover) I would accept. I have bad experiences with "love" anyways, it always leads to longer pain than pleasure

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What are you talking about the cupcake or the girl with the cupcake? because i want them both you see..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
While most feel B is the right answer , will choose A underneath their breath.lol

Gonna go with A. Because then your financially secure and you find a new wifey , But if you go poor , then it would be such a burden on the women that you are unable to keep both of you living at a level she is happy with . Would you not feel guilty putting anywomen through that , the gentlemen code does state one must always pay the way , where he is able. If he is unable , he should go away work a long period of time , and come back then start a gf/wife realtionship , where he can support him self her in a happniess manner where she has a smile on. If you fail this obligation you are a burden on her , and love fades with years of this stressful burdon to the point where arguments are normal part of the week , and and she is more stressed being with you vs being away from u

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've been with my husband for 20+ years. For better or worse. Love Over Gold.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

GOD will NOT SAVE you out there.

U sure about that?

I mean he is wearing a Jesus shirt

JESUS RIDING A DRAGON!!

edit on 28-7-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This question is less a moral issue and more a circumstance issue. I know people who are both poor and never had a lover, so A would be an easy choice. However, with old folks who have a spouse, multiple children/grandchildren, etc., B would be an easy choice.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Well I would have gone for option B without a thought until you brought up the terrible misery. Lol

I would assume that my husband and son would also be suffering horribly then. Why would I do that to them just for the pleasure of my company? Lol. It would be selfish of me to make them suffer in pain agony povert and illness just so I would have the comfort of being with them.

If I knew us being together would cause them misfortune then I would have to let them go out of my love for them.

Option A then. It would be painful beyond measure but at least they'd be free from suffering. I love them more than my own heartbreak.
edit on 7/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

if ur rich u can still feel pain,
was it pac that said"more money more problems"
i personalty could never give up willfully the right to be with my children, but as far as women go if i was rich i could have a new women every day and try and break wilt chamberlains record,

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think I would choose option B, although homelessness is a little extreme, I lean towards wanting this lifestyle more than the lifestyle with a lot of money. I think money distracts us from what is important in life, actually.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I think money distracts us from what is important in life, actually.

Cakes, Tea, Sleep all of which you can get if you have tons of money.

Alyssa +1 point

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I would rather be dirt poor with someone I love. Unfortunately, many women need your money to make love these days.
Or thats how the media projects it and teaches our young ones, through celebrities and stories of princesses

edit: hence why some of the most beautiful women are ugly on the inside
edit on 28-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I can do one better -- I'm broke and virtually homeless, I'm divorced and have no girlfriend and my kids never come to see me.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Easy choice -- B -- broke and homeless with my darlin'. We've overcome all manner of hardship before and we'd do it again.

Thanks to her, I think of myself as 'rich in a way that matters'. yah, go ahead and make gagging sounds.
It's still true.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Choice C -
Neither rich nor poor; enjoying life, yet looking for more; loved and loving but missing loving the loved; sometimes happy, sometimes sad; living the life I live, not the one I had.

Choice C. Real life.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I would say poor definitely, but then I thought how often dirt poor is usually because of dumb choices. I am too old to be in love with someone who doesn't learn from their errors. So poor only if it included the selfless kind of love.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
"Better a dinner of herbs where love is
Than a stalled ox and hatred therewith".
Proverbs ch15 v17

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So much dishonesty in this topic. A nice warm large home, Tons of food, Beautiful (or handsome) looks, you basically have a very relaxing life. By NOT picking choice (A) you people are being selfish. All of you went with (B) because it made YOU feel good.

Choice (A) was about natural logical comfort that had nothing to do with selfishness.
Choice (B) was about YOU picking it because YOU thought it was the right thing to do. YOU want to be with your loved one because it makes YOU feel good. If choice (B) didn't make YOU feel better most of you wouldn't have picked it. All your acts of warmth and kindness toward loved ones are pure selfishness based on how good it made YOU feel.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Originally posted by Alyssa
So much dishonesty in this topic.

Not necessarily.

1. This "pain and suffering" you've talked about... What is "pain and suffering" to you? Because I've lived on the streets. I've been HUNGRY! I've lost a baby. I've had breast cancer and faced death. My mother died in front of me. And I have chronic physical pain now and live with it every single day... And I would choose it every time over losing my husband. And it's not because I NEED him. It's because he needs me... I won't mention what he's gone through and continues to face every day. But my presence in his life has saved his life. And I think he would tell you the same.

2. You said that I would feel pain and suffering. You didn't mention any pain and suffering of my loved ones...

Maybe you should be explicit about this "pain and suffering" and also mention that my husband and child would ALSO be experiencing pain and suffering before you pass this incredibly closed-minded judgment against your fellow ATS members.

I'm just saying...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join