It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency and Disaster 2012 Live Mega Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I checked it this morning and it should have middle America covered in severe drought signs, but, it does not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oct 25.

Nov 8.

Dec 25.

Then world peace.

Those dates are significant btw.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OP I hope you don't mind if I post this, but I found it very interesting.

Epidemic Hazard

Epidemic Hazard in India on Tuesday, 31 July, 2012 at 03:14 (03:14 AM) UTC.
Event type: Epidemic Hazard
Date/Time: Tuesday, 31 July, 2012 at 03:14 (03:14 AM) UTC
Damage level: Unknown Damage level
County / State: State of Karnataka
Area: National Law School of India University
City: Bangalore
Coordinate: N 12° 57.222, E 77° 31.089
Affected is unknown.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I don't mind in the slightest, please feel free to add to the subject,...but chickenpox? I think this will disappear from the news in a couple of days.

Biohazard level: 2/4 Medium

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
UPDATE Heat Wave in Japan on Wednesday, 25 July, 2012

Updated: Tuesday, 31 July, 2012

The Fire and Disaster Management Agency said Tuesday that 16 people died and 8,670 were taken to hospital due to heatstroke in the week of July 23-29. The Meteorological Agency said the heatwave is expected to continue at least until next Saturday.

Damage Level: EXTREME *****

Sources:

JapanToday.com

RSOE EDIS

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Landslide in China on Tuesday, 31 July, 2012

The mudslide occurred at an iron ore mine in the township of Araltobe, Xinyuan county, Kazak autonomous prefecture of Ili. The mud and debris buried 28 people, initially identified as 22 mine workers and six local residents.

Damage Level: MODERATE ***

Sources:

ChinaDaily.com

RSOE EDIS

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is nice because you can hear what is going on outside of the States.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
WARNING

Heat Wave in USA on Tuesday, 31 July, 2012

Parts of three rivers in Yellowstone National Park will be closed to fishing due to unusually warm water temperatures. Starting Wednesday, park officials will prohibit fishing on the Gibbon River below Gibbon Falls, Firehole River below Keppler Cascades, and the Madison River. The reason is water temperatures ranging into the high 70s - too warm for trout. Warm weather, hot water from thermal features and low stream flows all are causing the water to warm up. Warm water can be stressful or even fatal for trout. Yellowstone officials say the forecast calls for more warm weather and that could cause additional areas to be closed to fishing.

Damage level: Unknown

Yellowstone Caldera last activity: 14.07.2012
Yellowstone Caldera current status: Green

No current seismic activity in area.

Sources:

WashingtonExaminer.com

RSOE EDIS

edit on 31-7-2012 by Anim8tr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
Nice thread. I too often visit those websites.

Have you ever been to www.globalincidentmap.com... ?

If not, I recommend it. It has all your disaster maps all on one site. Check out the fire one, pretty much the entire west coast of the US is on fire by the looks of it.

fires.globalincidentmap.com...

It just keeps spreading more and more.

and they will continue to become much larger since the drought conditions are forecast to remain at least until October or longer.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Well if I would have looked into it a little more and found out it was just chicken pox...

That's got to be miserable to get as an adult. I'm glad I went through it when I was little.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Volcano Activity in New Zealand on Thursday, 02 August, 2012

GNS Science has issued a volcanic alert for White Island because of increased activity in the crater lake and numerous earthquakes. GNS Science duty volcanologist Michael Rosenberg says the risk of eruption has increased.

Airport(s) within 50 km (31 miles) radius

Damage Level: Unknown

Sources:

3news.co

RSOE EDIS

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Explosion in USA on Thursday, 02 August, 2012

A blaze broke out early Thursday after an explosion at an Oklahoma oil refinery, authorities reported. A Tulsa Police Department spokesperson confirmed to NBC News that it was notified about the fire at the HollyFrontier refinery in west Tulsa at 2:21 a.m. local time (3:21 a.m. ET).

Sources:

NBCNews.com

RSOE EDIS

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Forest / Wild Fire in USA on Thursday, 02 August, 2012

A large home was destroyed and three firefighters were injured battling a brush fire today in a rural area just west of Murrieta caused by mowing equipment operated by a Riverside County agency.

Sources:

MyDesert.com

RSOE EDIS

HAZMAT in United Kingdom on Friday, 03 August, 2012

A busy supermarket, doctor’s surgery and an industrial estate all had to be evacuated following a major gas leak in Musselburgh. Tesco at Mall Avenue, Musselburgh Primary Care Centre and Inveresk Industrial Estate were emptied by emergency workers after a strong smell of gas was detected at 1pm yesterday.

Damage Level: MINOR **

Sources:

BBC.com

RSOE EDIS

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
UPDATE Epidemic Hazard in Uganda on Thursday, 26 July, 2012

Updated: Thursday, 02 August, 2012 at 16:14 UTC

The hospital at the center of an Ebola outbreak in Uganda is now dealing with 30 suspected cases, including five from Kibaale prison, Dr. Dan Kyamanywa said Thursday.There is a fear that the outbreak will spread to the capital, but it is unlikely, he said. Many patients fled Kagadi hospital when Ebola was confirmed, he said, and the hospital is struggling to respond to all the call-outs to suspected cases.

Dead person(s): 16

Infected person(s): 36

Biohazard level: 4/4 Hazardous

Sources:

CNN.com

RSOE EDIS

edit on 3-8-2012 by Anim8tr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join