It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Nice of you to join the discussion even if the over all tone of your post was somewhat acrid. Its a shame that some people think the only way they can join a debate is to try to put someone down as much as possible rather than talk about the topic.

Is a sad fact that the people claiming outrageous things about how crop circles are made and the special properties they possess and either flat out lying or quoting people who are flat out lying. You claim to know what makes 'non man made' crop circles but it is almost certain that you are just regurgitating so called facts that you have heard on documentaries , websites and books who are trying to promote the idea that they are not fakes for the sake of profit. You read it , think that sounds plausible and then log the idea in your brain as a fact. I'm sorry that you are so easily fooled.

please check the videos in this post especially the last the last part.

edit on 29-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Oh.... So who is a fool and a liar?? Really?

Your post is confusing as you are name calling ... Did the other poster name call? Didnt think so!

Argue all you want about your opinion... Thats cool.

How do you explain what officials cannot explain with some of the non man made crop circles?

edit on 29-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Im referring to the so called crop circles researchers who have claimed to be scientists and doctors in the past that have made outrageous claims which have turned out to be false along with their credentials.

No you werent. You were putting another down for the same thing you did. Like... You are above someone. You showed how you dont like yourself. Lol

You have not shown anything credible in this thread.

You have proven nothing, except you have an opinion.

Did you read anything I offered to this thread? I dont think you did.

Your opinion about all crop circles being man made has not been proven by you in the least!

I have shown many links now supporting officials DO NOT KNOW who could be responsible and didnt say anything about being man made as one that I linked had reports of ufo flying around and the next morning found the crop circle.

Open your minds people... Good god.

We are on a planet that spins in outer space! Energy, plasma.... Ya know.... Stuff happens that have nothing to do with man! Lol
edit on 29-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lol, indeed.

Still - how does this relate to august 4th? Does it depict a planetary alignment of some sort? What do the various circles in the image represent, is one earth, one the moon? What's what, here?

Notice the long, protruding line of circles there, the spacing between them isn't even, some are narrower than others.

It's easily one of the worse crop circles I've ever seen, the title of this thread suggests that it's an amazing spectacle, but it isn't. It's hideous.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Also, to the dude who pointed out that whoever edited the photo "couldn't draw a straight line" - any fool can draw a straight line with some image editing software. The reason the lines in the image are not straight is becuase they follow the lines laid out by the circles. If the lines he added to the image were straight, they wouldn't touch the edges of all the circles...the lines ain't straight because the design of the circles is hoorendous.

If you can't see or understand that...well, I dunno how to finish this sentence without being insulting, so I'll leave it at that.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here, the following site I consider to be very good RESEARCH and analysis, replete with pictures, lab results, field study, published in journals, etc.,etc., etc. ALL the evidence and research everyone's been asking for. Not only that, this company is comprised of researchers all over the world. Everything you are asking for is here. And this is just one group of researchers.

THE EVIDENCE!

I can't wait to hear the rebuttals for this one. Start writing them!
edit on 29-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

It's easily one of the worse crop circles I've ever seen, the title of this thread suggests that it's an amazing spectacle, but it isn't. It's hideous.

It is a poor, amateurish effort for sure. The skilled formation makers have likely been put off due to the bad weather and constant rain we've been having over here. As no spectacular patterns appeared the clodhoppers had a go at making one.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

It all makes perfect sense once you actually READ the linked content.. There are field reports and comments from the researchers that have completely explained why everything is what it is, in this crop circle..

One of the 'e'hem' respected members made some comments also showing they never even attempted to read or even understand this crop circle.. Not really sure what is up with that person.. They don't want to be bothered with the facts because they have made up their mind..

...just saying...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Fair point...although I'm reluctant to read or research this based on the amateur deisgn. I'll give it a miss...although the lack of response tells me perhaps not many have followed said links or those who did probably don't understand what they're reading.

If it was as pretty as some of the circles I've seen in the past I might give it a go, but...meh. I'll pass and move on, enjoy your thread.

Quick edit just to add before I go, if I'd made up my mind about this I wouldn't ask questions...the only conclusion I've made thus far is that it's absolutely horrendous...this I base on my keen eye for detail. I hope the...ahem - beings - responsible for this do read this thread and are insulted at a non-entity like me slating their shoddy work.

Au revoir!
edit on 29-7-2012 by samerulesapply because: Additional.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
Here, the following site I consider to be very good RESEARCH and analysis, replete with pictures, lab results, field study, published in journals, etc.,etc., etc. ALL the evidence and research everyone's been asking for. Not only that, this company is comprised of researchers all over the world. Everything you are asking for is here. And this is just one group of researchers.

THE EVIDENCE!

It's Nancy Talbott so it should be the "evidence"!

BLT Inc. was incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt U.S. corporation in 1999. All funding to-date has been from private-sector donations and gifts, which are tax-deductible. Significant advances in the scientific understanding of crop circle formation and related phenomena are heavily dependent upon such contributions -- all major financial gifts can be designated for specific research projects, if desired by the donor. Financial support in any amount is welcome.

Talbott is a supporter of Robert van den Broeke

Talbott, van den Broeke and crop circles -

edit on 29-7-2012 by torsion because: added video

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

It is worth reading the linked info, all the details in it make sense, plus some are very clever once you find out about them..

Maybe sometimes function should win over form, just for the sake of knowledge, but it takes some effort to appreciate things in that respect.. More beautiful designs do have a much better wow factor for sure..

It isn't my thread, but I have found it interesting...

It's a given that a lot of people are not interested in these topics, and some even love trashing them at all costs, even at the cost of their so called reputations, which boggles the mind actually... shows other agendas are at work though. Not saying this reflects on you at all though..
edit on 29-7-2012 by alienreality because: fix

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, during my rush to point out other things researchers have found out about crop circles, I didn't check out the source. My bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If you want misinterpret what i said in your own little way thats fine by me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Aaaargh, why can't I resist responding to that having said goodby to this thread twice already...I hate me. To be honest it's not that I don't find it interesting, I could read the sopurce material and might understand a lot of it. I don't know much about the heavenly bodies to verify anything, and quite frankly lack the time and interest to research such a vast subject.

I do find crop circles interesting, and have seen some designs that were...quite frankly - mind boggling. This isn't one, if function is their only purpose, why not send a hand written note...or simply come and tell us whatever they're trying to convey here?

The reason I asked the question regarding august 4th was thus - I want to know what that line of circles protruding from the large, central circle represent, from the OP I gather it's a planet...and the other 2 circles are planets...and that it depicts a planetary alignment.

Reading the source material probably won't help me for the following reason - as I mentioned earlier, I've a reasonably keen eye for detail, particularly with basic geometry, patterns, shaps, etc. What I want to ask is basically this, does the planet represented by the line of circles actually follow that skewed path...in other words - is the fact that it isn't perfectly straight and symmetrical on purpose or a mistake?

If it depicts the movements of heavently bodies on the date of august the 4th, exactly how accurate is it in that regard? I was slating the poor design most probably because I'm quite the pedant, I like symmetry and seem to zoom in on it. If this was symmetrical in design...and that large line of connected circles was perfect - all circles the same size and with the same distance between their centres...or even the circles getting smaller and closer to each other - it'd be far more aesthetically pleasing.

If the beings trying to convey a message don't care about the design that much then when communicate in such a grandiose fashion? The might aswell phone us or send a text message.

Sorry to chime back in, I will actually go back and read the source material in a while, got a few things to do.

Just when you think you're out...they pull you back in!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think man-made circles can be "genuine". I think the alien/human dichotomy is false.

"When teams of people go out into the fields and make large talismanic magical symbols, somehow that does actually have some effect on physical reality and strange things happen. A couple of years down the line and a lot more weird experiences had happened to us. But I don’t know how they happen, I just know they happened. I’ve seen small balls of light which have entered the field and chased us out on one occasion. I’ve seen them passing over head. On two occasions we’ve also seen black, shadowy figures. Not as clear as a person, a little bit more rounded, but a human shape. They just disappeared.

One night researchers had seen a fog bank come down where we were working, rise in the morning and reveal the crop circle. We didn’t see it and we were working very close to researchers that night and we wondered whether something else was helping us out. But there are so many things like that. People put together mathematical formulas together from the crop circle and say, "well this circle tells us something we didn’t know, something new to science."

Researchers have also looked with microscopes into the soil and found globules of metal which don’t appear outside of the circle. The metal is so pure that they think that some of it comes from space. Apparently, this meteoric metal dust is what affects compasses in the crop circle. It’s like, why would we choose a place in the field where that happened to be in the ground to create a certain crop circle around it? Or did it come out of space? Did it happen while we were making the circle or just after we left? Or how did it get there? So what’s attracting us to special places that then turn out to have a synchronistic meaning to someone else?” "

-Matthew Williams, circlemaker

www.flickr.com...

edit on 29-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

THE EVIDENCE!

It's Nancy Talbott so it should be the "evidence"!

BLT Inc. was incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt U.S. corporation in 1999. All funding to-date has been from private-sector donations and gifts, which are tax-deductible. Significant advances in the scientific understanding of crop circle formation and related phenomena are heavily dependent upon such contributions -- all major financial gifts can be designated for specific research projects, if desired by the donor. Financial support in any amount is welcome.

Talbott is a supporter of Robert van den Broeke

Talbott, van den Broeke and crop circles -

edit on 29-7-2012 by torsion because: added video

Yeah, I knew you would find any person in the site and go find evidence that they're ***GASP*** interested in crop circles to begin with! Doesn't mean a thing, and certainly doesn't discount the tens of dozens of researchers connected through this site who live all over the world. It is still logged evidence of strange anomalies, with published papers, etc., etc. I knew no one would accept it. So argument over, no one wins. Who cares. I know I what I believe.
It just shows me that there really is nothing that would convince you to even consider that something strange must be going on. On the other hand, if the circle makers can build circles that HAVE these strange anomalies and show me how, then I'd start on the path to considering that they ARE all man made.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ok, I had a read over it and you're right, it is well explained. But how accurate is the information on that site? I've no means of verifying this, I don't particularly want to study astronomy to simply conclude whether I think a crop circle is man made or not. If the information and images on that site are anything to go by then it may add some credibility to these circles in spite of the apparently poor design.

Forgive my ignorance on the subject of astronomy...and crop circles for that matter, although I find some of them quite intriguing. But wouldn't perspective matter, here? From what perspective should we view this curved pattern, does it accurately depict the movements of the moon from somewhere here on earth? I'd find it more fascinating even if the so-called spear acccurately represented the positions of the moon from a perspective other than here on earth, although that'd be impressive enough i guess If the curve of the spheres making up the "spear" is intentional, from what perspective would it be most accurate?

I'm not trying to dispute or debunk anything, and am on the fence to be frank. It's just not that pretty, which in my view dtracts from its credibility. If there's a logical reason as to why it's imperfect it may swing it the othyer way and make it more credible.
edit on 29-7-2012 by samerulesapply because: Spelling.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It just shows me that there really is nothing that would convince you to even consider that something strange must be going on.

When it comes to Nancy Talbott and BLT and their interpretation of "science" something strange is going on for sure.

Here's another example of their work

Broeke's Mudman hoax defended by BLT

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Why argue over opinions? Its silly.

I agree, I just like pointing out when people think they've "proven" something with some specific "proof" that turns out to be bogus and especially when they turn attention from their faux pas as if I've been rude.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

It just shows me that there really is nothing that would convince you to even consider that something strange must be going on.

When it comes to Nancy Talbott and BLT and their interpretation of "science" something strange is going on for sure.

Here's another example of their work

Broeke's Mudman hoax defended by BLT

What do you mean? They're discrediting those photos themselves.
Also, what about all the rest of the documented stuff on that site - the mudman thing disproves it? Really? Okay.....not.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
so to recap.

The debunkers have NOT proved that ALL crop circles are man made.

They also CAN'T explain the physical changes to the plants. Oh by the way just saying they are genetic mutations are a joke. Anybody claiming such ridiculous statements need to show documentation clearly showing examples of such genetic mutation that matches EXACTLY the same changes to the plants in the real crop circles.

What we DO know. Well we know for a fact there are people on this site who have taken up the cause of denying their own senses and are trying to argue a point that cant be argued. To you all who dont know whats going its ok none of us know whats going on with these crop circles..Its ok to not know.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
More data I think is interesting: Here is a link to a physicist who conducted interesting experiments, had them peer reviewed and published in the science journal Physiologia Plantarum.
DATA

Later, his published data was criticized and supposedly debunked in a science journal. So of course everyone will say, "Oh it's been debunked!" But before THAT can be relied upon, a closer look at the "debunking" must be taken. I will put forth that: 1. Are you kidding? ANYthing that baffles scientists and forces them to reevaluate the physics and possibilities they've relied upon for decades is like feeding Christians to the lions. The data outrages them, and it scares them, so let's see what physicist said in RESPONSE to the criticism, PDF, go to page 576.

RESPONSE

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join