It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A German Heils Hitler at the Opening Ceremony

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So...

Whats the big deal about heil hitler? Why does Britain sing God save the queen ,considering that the monarchy is responsible for hundreds of millions to billions of deaths in India,China and the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That man is Walther Troeger, honorary president of the German Olympic Committee.

He was the mayor of the Olympic village during the 1972 Olympic Games, when Palestinian terrorists entered the village and attacked the temporary residence of the Israeli representatives, an action that became known as the "Munich massacre", and he was part of the negotiation team and one of two people that were allowed to go to the occupied residence and see the hostages' conditions.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

no sir....YOU need to learn history. The swastika is an ANCIENT symbol found in ALL ANCIENT RELIGIONS....

and the salute is a traditional military salute....you speak from ignorance. You watch a few Hitlery-chanel shows after ancient aliens....brah.....and think you have learned something.

Read sir. READ.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Only just saw the video of this. It does look a little strange kind of wave considering Germany's history and the connotations associated with it. It wasn't a normal kind of wave you would expect. well I've never waved at anyone like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Reading comprehension
Exactly as I said. That "salute" is not even close to nazi salute. I know what a swastika is. We still use it in our military too. They're not nazis.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So what was it? It wasn't a normal wave. people do not wave like that. whatever it was it wasn't a wave I'm familiar with.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I didn't know you were the authority on waving. Well perhaps it was a salute. Not of the nazi kind thought. Not correct. So does that make all germans nazis magically?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You ask what I do with him. Let me ask you a question. A person "hails Hitler" - so what? Is this arm movement so dangerous, so vile that it makes you unable to sleep? Aww. You're so cute. But don't worry, I've got a cure for you - stop being such a pain in the arse and mind your own business. Or are you so socially conditioned, or more accurately programmed, by your rulers that you can not help but fall into a primitive rage or disgust, like a computer when you see a certain sign it works as a signal and sets off a script?

There's a very good solution for solving the "hailing Hitler" etc - it's the same solution Morgan Freeman has for curing racism: stop talking about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Reading comprehension Exactly as I said. That "salute" is not even close to nazi salute. I know what a swastika is. We still use it in our military too. They're not nazis.

Omg. That "salute" is as much a nazi salute as swastika means nazism. Some people just need to learn some history

Omg...that is NOT what you said.......

just admit you learned something and move on. It not a big deal. I like learning things, even if that means I have to be wrong.

edit on 28-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A Nazi salute was always with the right hand.This guy was simply waving.Moving on...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reup of the video... hmm olympic committee banning stuff from youtube even though its aired publicly.. stinks a little suspicious

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

This is a left handed salute

BUT - The Nazi salute is never with the left hand........

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
reup of the video... hmm olympic committee banning stuff from youtube even though its aired publicly.. stinks a little suspicious

Down already, here's another.

edit on 28-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

fixed his embed. not down, but makes fun of it with music...

sad innocent action turned into anti-German propaganda

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

Omg. That "salute" is as much a nazi salute as swastika means nazism. Some people just need to learn some history

Omg...that is NOT what you said.......

I interpreted as meaning "that is much as a Nazi salute as a swastika means Nazism, because neither is that a Nazi salute or the swastika means Nazism".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

hmm olympic committee banning stuff from youtube even though its aired publicly.. stinks a little suspicious

No, YouTube is just enforcing their policy on copyrighted material.

Portuguese channel RTP is transmitting on the Internet the sports events, but yesterday, when I looked to see if they were transmitting the opening ceremony, that had a message saying that, because of copyright reasons, they could not transmit that program on the Internet.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here's a conspiracy:

He probably did it on purpose with left since there will be a bunch of ppl defending it no end. I bet the Olympic Committee does nothing about it anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Looks like normal waving to me, taken from this angle it may resemble nazi salute somehow.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You guys never met my dad...you'd really be tripping if you had.

He used to Sieg Heil me on a daily basis...and this was when I was still wearing those little girl drawers from JC Penny with the multiple rows of lace across the rear...he was a left-handed third or fourth generation descendant down from German immigrants...who was a two time enlisted man in the Army and on his second tour was a sniper in WWII in the Pacific theater....he was orphaned very young so he was prime sniper material...a very proud American man...but I can't remember which hand he used when he'd see me coming to his workshop in the garage...snap straight to attention, throw out that arm all stiff and say HEIL HITLER...didn't laugh although he was for sure a jocular man...I remember thinking all the time...WTF? or at least the 6 year old equivalent of WTF...because I'm not German...I was adopted and I'm Scotch Irish.

My first car, he helped me buy...a VW Super Beetle.

I just figure he knew I'd be a winner and was just letting me know.

I kind of miss those salutes.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
FFS. He is not Hieling, for one he is using his left hand. it is very obvious he is waving.

You know at time I feel the people using this site, are desperate to find conspiracy in anything. Seriously you should all go into the construction industry, as you're experts at making mountains out of molehills!!!!

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join