It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speaks freudian slip during Aurora CO speech, did anyone catch it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Am I hearing things, or did Obama say, "the GUNMEN entered and threw CANISTERS"... WTF, folks. i don't have video, as it just aired. did anyone else hear this? he got quiet (pregnant pause) after that slipped, imo.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:17:49 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"Gunman" and "Gunmen" sound pretty much the same when speaking. Also, everything I've seen has said he used at least 2 canisters. Didn't see him speaking, but that's probably what you heard.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicslop

what are you talking about, I think you need more input.
Wait I think mod will tell you in minute.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

he did throw cannister of smoke innit.

but i think alot of people are trying not to slip up.... one guy said he got shrapnel from a shotgun...i didnt realiose he had a shottie

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It seems like peoples hatred of Obama completely overrides there common sense.

Everything bad that happens in the world isn't Obama's fault!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Well at least it makes it easier to pick out the nutjobs...

OP, say the following out loud:

"There was only one gunman."

"There were several gunmen."

They are pronounced the same

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is the Presidential Candidate who'd been to 57 States in his campaign. Remember?

Even the President gets tired...and goofs...and maybe with World War III about to break out on his other side, this is honestly not high enough on his list to focus on better than making that goof.

That's just my take, but even I'm not inclined to hunt for Obama-Bash moments on all this. Not unless he outright makes one, entirely by his own doing. Otherwise? I look at 'Ol Glory hanging at Half Staff right now and hope the victims of this tragedy find peace where they are now.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i don't hate obama. i just think he is a FAKE and a LIAR. i don't attribute the "world's" problems to obama and his masters; just AMERICA's.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicslop

i don't hate obama. i just think he is a FAKE and a LIAR. i don't attribute the "world's" problems to obama and his masters; just AMERICA's.

funny that...because i think he has been the most genuine first world leader...ever

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hate? Its way beyond that! How about he is THE ANTI-CHRIST!!

Or at least that is true according to those NUTTY fundy Christian conservatives...

Nutty folks.

edit on 22-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

hrmmm... i liked your opinions on cleopatra's offspring. although, i am unsure how you think this warlord is "genuine". i am no fan of bush or romney, either. are you unaware that he LIES CONSTANTLY? his lies have been documented and archived. check out www.obamalies.net, its one archive of several. how is a habitual liar "genuine"?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

funny that...because i think he has been the most genuine first world leader...ever

peace

I think you accidentally wrote "genuine" when you were really thinking "fake, plastic, arrogant, incompetent, ineligible".

Its OK, everyone gets distracted when typing from time to time.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

AMEN to that!

I think that the President said gunman.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

i heard the govenor shortly after say, "suspect A...". In reference to Holmes in custody. .... Eta: I watched obam speak, but I guess didnt hear him say gunman or gunmen.. Nothing stoo out like the govenors comment.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If he did say gunmen it doesnt mean anything. I mean initial reports were that two people worked together to pull this off. Later police said that there was likely only 1 shooter. The confusion came in because witnesses saw someone leave the theatre emergency exit before the shooter came in and thought the two were different people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by cosmicslop

peace

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... I really could go on forever with that. You must think "genuine" means something else

"you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apollo7keep

well, in my defense, i only heard it ONCE, when it was aired live. i might feel differently in the morning when i watch it online. sure, these words sound similar. he has terrific enunciation when he isn't speaking "uh and umm". maybe i misheard. i just don't trust one word that comes from that snake's trap; i'm just a bit gun shy.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

sure, they sound similar with my southern drawl. for a EXPERT trained orator, they are different. i've never had any problems understanding his words (after i filter out the ums, ohhs, and pauses).

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
From Dictionary.com:

gunmen [guhn-muhn]

gunman [guhn-muhn]

There is no difference. No matter how trained he may be as an orator, gunman is not pronounced differently. Just let it go
edit on 22-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join