It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Won!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Bush came out swinging and clearly was not the same man who was at the first debates. Fired up and to the point, it was one of the best perfomances from him in any debate. Kerry continues to preach his plan but fails to offer any details.

The President was strong on his points and was clearly able to paint Kerry with the L word. Solid effort on Kerry part, but Bush wins this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Though I agree in some respect..............................

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am so sick of Kerry saying "I have a plan" but not laying it out and instead telling us to look it up online. Forget that, he wants my vote, he can spell his plan out for me.

And I agree, Bush won.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Though I agree in some respect, isn't this more suited for the mudpit?

Not yet but the night is young.
Still seem like we're just discussing politics here, let's keep it that way, OK.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I agree Bush's preformance was so much better then last debate. He did indeed come to play tonight. I would have attacked Kerry record on defense voting more if I was Bush because its really just that bad. All and all a great debate for Bush and a win for the Bush campaign.

I cant wait to see those bias online polls
They had Cheney getting killed by Edwards last time what a joke.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm a Kerry supporter, but Bush won by a long shot. I'm actually starting to leans towards being a Bush supporter. It's close.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Bush came out swinging and clearly was not the same man who was at the first debates. Fired up and to the point, it was one of the best perfomances from him in any debate. Kerry continues to preach his plan but fails to offer any details.

The President was strong on his points and was clearly able to paint Kerry with the L word. Solid effort on Kerry part, but Bush wins this one.

Hardly the truth. Bush performed better, but that does not mean he won. Anyone clapping for Bush is just amazed at his sudden ability to finally think; yet, they don't realize this.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ex aequo in my view. Both candidates played to their bases, got fired up and made good us of their air time. Bush was, as some commentators said, like a "jack-in-a-box", springing up from his chair to reply to Kerry. However, Kerry seemed less didactic than he usually is and more heartfelt, and he actually looked a lot more confident when listening to Bush's retorts than the contrary - Bush still looked... pinched... when listening to Kerry. Or unsure, or not knowing what facial expression to adopt.

Interestingly enough, each candidate had a weak moment. Bush's came when he was debating more social issues like the environment - "Is my time up?" he asked. Kerry fumbled somewhat on the stem-cell issue, looking for names of diseases it would cure.

I don't think that this debate will change the opinion of the bases of each party. I'm curious to know what the undecided thought of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, if you want an objective opinion, I'll give it to you.

1st debate, didn't see it.
2nd debate- Cheney by a nose.
3rd debate- appearently Bush was better than the first, so i hear, but not enough, Kerry won it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think Bush's performance was much much better than the first debate but I don't think Bush flat out won this debate. He made a much bigger dent this time around though and I am really curious to see what the polls will show in the next few days.

Now on another note, Bush started really strong but do any of you think Bush started weakening up towards the end of the debate? He seemed like towards the end he just started sounding more fatigued and like he was in the first debate. Still overall a much better job this time around.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Kerry is a much better debater (FACT).

Bush did well but I had so many things that BUsh COULD have said but he was being politically correct. I am sad for Bush, he was 'constrained'.

WHY?

He should have hammered kerry. he didnt.

I say a draw...............but that is a win in the fight.

BUSH will win...thank GOD!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by build319
I think Bush's performance was much much better than the first debate but I don't think Bush flat out won this debate. He made a much bigger dent this time around though and I am really curious to see what the polls will show in the next few days.

CNN poll has been giving me a 404 since the first debate...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Bush was definitely better this time, but still could not keep his cool and came across as ignorant (as usual). I'm not sticking up for Kerry, but I think this debate was a clear DRAW...neither candidate did especially well, and even Bush being in "his atmosphere" did not come across as any better than Kerry.

Of course, neither one of these candidates are/were any good. If you think about it no matter who you vote for your essentially getting the same person. Just look at their stance on issues...practically the same!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shmigoli
I'm a Kerry supporter, but Bush won by a long shot. I'm actually starting to leans towards being a Bush supporter. It's close.

Good for you! The President did a fine job tonight. I am still waiting for Mr. Kerry to explain his plan on Iraq. Continuing to say he will bring allies back, in spite of France and Germany saying they would not change no matter who is President, blows my mind. Just who is he talking about then?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsingerHe should have hammered kerry. he didnt.

The goal of the debate is NOT to attack the opponent but his/her views.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'll give Bush a slight edge in this debate although I honestly believe the debate was close. My reason for giving Bush the edge is substance. I'm still not seeing it from Kerry. How, when and what is he going to do differently than Bush. When he's actually specific on an issue it's Bush's plan.

Better debate though overall - I only cringed twice.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I am so sick of Kerry saying "I have a plan" but not laying it out and instead telling us to look it up online.

Now Hillary is on with larry king and is glorifing his Plan. What Plan? Even his web page is short of specifics.

Kerry: Im an idea man, don't bug me about the details

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have to agree... Bush won the debate. There are many reasons why and I will go into a few of them.

First off Kerry says he has a wonderful education plan and that he is for the "Common People". Well his education plan better be out of site considering his choice of words in the debate. I would guess that probably 80% of Americans had no idea what he was talking about. Even those of us with a "High" education would need to look up some of the words he was using.

Another reason Bush won was that he actually ANSWERED some of the questions posed to him. Kerry simply used each opportunity to attack Bush and change the question, so that he could answer anything that he had practiced.

The third and last reason that I am giving now for why Bush won, was during the abortion portion of the debate... How can Kerry look us in the face saying he cares about our children, and talk about their future when at the same time he is trying to keep legislation that will MURDER our future generations.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by K_OS]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
The goal of the debate is NOT to attack the opponent but his/her views.

...and, hopefully, to give us some idea of why their plan is better.

from Shmigoli

You were part of the target audience for these debates; consider yourself an important component of this election. Most people are very entrenched in their choices; it's folks like you who can determine the outcome of this election.

I don't mean to pressure you or anything...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can understand someone thinking Bush won because he beat his performance last time, but he's not the gold standard here. He'd have have looked darn good just not drooling on himself after last time.

But those darn people are at it again. talking on the news about Bush SCREAMING!!!, looking defensive...I dunno.

It's the people ya gotta watch.

FOXNEWS NOW
Who won Friday night's presidential debate?

a. President Bush (30%)

b. Senator Kerry (70%)

c. I did not watch (0%)

d. None of the above (0%)

14,712 total votes

CNN NOW

Who won the second presidential debate?

President Bush 16% 4949 votes

John Kerry 83% 26448 votes

Evenly matched 1% 450 votes
Total: 31847 votes

MSNBC NOW

Who won the debate? * 239707 responses

Pres. Bush 23%
Sen. Kerry 77%

But you can tell yourselves whatever you want.

3 for 3 Baby!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join