It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Russian Admirals: UFOs Patrol Bermuda Triangle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hmm, Interesting

Top Russian Admirals: UFOs Patrol Bermuda Triangle

Former Russian Navy Chief Fleet Admiral Vladimir Chernavin described declassified encounters Russian sailors had with three types of UFOs: saucers, cylinders, and cigar-shaped craft. The admiral stressed the former Soviet Navy observed and gathered a large number of UFO sightings over the decades from various regions around the world.

Deputy Commander-in-Chief, Fleet Admiral Nikolai Smirnov concurred with Chernavin's assessment of the cases.

Weekly meetings about the encounters with otherworldly craft were documented by the former deputy section chief of exploration for the Oceanographic Commission of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Captain First Rank Vladimir Azhazha who launched a new career as a UFO investigator after his stint in the navy.

m.zimbio.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That is very interesting! Disclosure has already happened in many parts of the world. Just not full disclosure. We can't expect TPTB to come out and say 'We lied to you all that time, we have been studying extra terrestrials and UFO's avidly since the 50's'

Although that would be nice, and courteous.. but when are the powers that be ever courteous?.....

Interesting news, S+F!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
UFO in the ocean has always intrigued me... ever since I heard William Coopers stories about them

So many cool possibilities in the ocean.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
UFO in the ocean has always intrigued me... ever since I heard William Coopers stories about them

So many cool possibilities in the ocean.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Those are technically called USO

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As for the post .. it's interesting indeed, but I can't say I know how reputable the source is .. can anyone find any reputable sources to back this up? .. I'm not being lazy I just am distracted at the moment with a sick niece so I'm only occasionally glancing at ATS .. this caught my eye.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yea but they still fly, and most of the times they are seen leaving the water and taking flight.

Rarely do they report subs encountering them, do we really need a whole nother definition for essentially the same phenomenon?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Yea but they still fly, and most of the times they are seen leaving the water and taking flight.

Rarely do they report subs encountering them, do we really need a whole nother definition for essentially the same phenomenon?

Yeah most USO sightings I've heard of deal with them leaving the ocean and then taking off .. as if they have an underwater base.. but they still tend to classify them as a USO .. I'm very interested in it ..I was very interested in the baltic anomaly but was ultimately disappointed

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

ultimately disappointed

Yea, I am a sci-fi nut.

I would love to live in a world where all the stuff we discuss on ATS where true, but really disappointment abounds...

That thing looked like the Millennium falcon lol, that whole thing reminded me of The Sphere, was really hoping it was something.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

can anyone find any reputable sources to back this up?

Well I found another source Here
And they link to ...... befo... reitsnews.com

It seems the story is older than the before its ... piece so I don't think they are the original source

edit on 20-7-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yeah, the whole USO designation is stupid. Its the same craft. Water, air...its the same. It is just a medium you pass through to those crafts.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

TheMindwar, very interesting thread mate and below are some other statements about the subject from Russian Naval personnel which were featured in an article on the Fox News website:

“On several occasions the instruments gave reading of material objects moving at incredible speed. Calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph. Speeding so fast is a challenge even on the surface. But water resistance is much higher. It was like the objects defied the laws of physics. There’s only one explanation: the creatures who built them far surpass us in development".
Russian Naval Rear Admiral Yury Beketov

“Ocean UFOs often show up wherever our or NATO’s fleets concentrate. Near Bahamas, Bermudas, Puerto Rico. They are most often seen in the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the southern part of the Bermuda Triangle, and also in the Caribbean Sea.”
Captain 1st rank Igor Barklay

“Fifty percent of UFO encounters are connected with oceans. Fifteen more – with lakes. So UFOs tend to stick to the water".
Vladimir Azhazha,Russian Naval Officer

Link

The USO Research thread also contains some very intriguing Naval USO reports and, if you've not seen it before, there are some other links here to the work of Carl Feindt who has conducted a lot of great research into unknown objects emerging from, submerging into or hovering above the surface of the world's oceans.

USO Research

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow, lately Ive been noticing a lot more people coming out and talking about UFO experiences, are we starting to see a movement from classified to declassified.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Weekly meetings about the encounters with otherworldly craft were documented by the former deputy section chief of exploration for the Oceanographic Commission of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Captain First Rank Vladimir Azhazha who launched a new career as a UFO investigator after his stint in the navy.

m.zimbio.com...

When I tried to get to the original link in THIS story I got an error message,

502 Bad Gateway

Azhazha [also spelled in the French style, Ajaja] is a UFO enthusiast who has admitted he used to be very gullible about wild rumors, but swears he's learned his lessons. It depends on how old the original material this story is based on, is -- and whether it all is merely Azhazha [post- or pre-reform, I can't tell] quoting other Russian naval officers.

So far, I can't reach any news source that quotes the named admirals directly -- it seems to be multiple-handed.

edit on 20-7-2012 by JimOberg because: fix quotes...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It seems this story dates back to 2009 .
www.theufochronicles.com...

The Soviet Navy had so many encounters with mysterious objects raising from or diving into the ocean that a special analytic group was set to make weekly reports to the naval commander-in-chief. The Russian website Free Press (svpressa.ru) interviewed that officer on July 16.

Vladimir N. Chernavin, 81, was the chief commander of the Soviet Navy and deputy minister of defense of the USSR from 1985 to 1992. He is the recipient of several high Soviet and Russian state honors. The material he presented is peppered with the names of other distinguished Soviet naval officers. Some of those officers have spoken before about their knowledge of UFOs, but others are being publicly associated with the phenomenon for the first time.

edit on 20-7-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In the link attached to this story it mentioned a diving team that encountered 'beings' and ended up with 3 dead, anyone got any more on this story? surely with 3 dead there must have been some bigger coverage than just this article? I certainly believe the navy know alot more than they let on, probably why the navy are in control of the space command as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
That is very interesting! Disclosure has already happened in many parts of the world. Just not full disclosure.

to tell you these UFO files than have nothing of importance in them are no disclosure at all

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My wife is Russian and she told me that they were taught UFO's are real and exist but they do a good job at hiding theirselves. This was taught in her gradeschool in Russia.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
As for the post .. it's interesting indeed, but I can't say I know how reputable the source is .. can anyone find any reputable sources to back this up? .. I'm not being lazy I just am distracted at the moment with a sick niece so I'm only occasionally glancing at ATS .. this caught my eye.

Don`t know about the source but here is the wiki link of the admiral
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Nice find... S+F

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

gortex, you are a Link MOnster, do0D!

top topics

<<   2 >>