It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones analysis of Dark Knight Rises

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Alex Jones analysis of Dark Knight Rises

www.youtube.com

This video is from the Infowars.com site.

Spoiler alert***** Alex Jones talks about some of the scenes from the movie, so don't watch this if you don't want to know.

I thought his insights into psychological programming, mind control and even terrorism programming in today's movies and media was right on target.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-7-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just watching CNN now, and the minute by minute break in to the Colorado shooter's apartment that is "Booby-Trapped!' is another clear example, to me, that we are being programmed to fear, and that the govt are the only ones that can help us (but it will take a lot of invasion of privacy to do that, of course!)

We really must watch everything will a critical eye, everything!
I do hate that innocent people were killed, but I can't help but focus on that fact that this horrible situation will only benefit the passing of this newest UN treaty, and the continued invasion of personal rights.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I dont understand why people are making such a fuss about this movie.
I havent read anything about it so someone help me out, as to what is so
controversial about it

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
controversial about it

I honestly don't that much about this movie either, not my thing, but Jones' analysis is that movies like this are programming us year after year to unconsciously see that there are bad guys or groups out there that are shadowy and that we need the govt and coroporations to beat them. If you have the time to watch the vid, he gives some good examples.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All these people that are claiming there are hidden agendas in TDKR should do some research. There's nothing in this movie that wasn't introduced into Batman canon back in 1993 during the Knightfall story arc. Nolan isn't trying to program anyone. He's merely retelling a classic Batman tale set in a modern world.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I guess it's more about mass programming to me, that this actual movie.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Crummy analysis IMO. Batman doesn't stand for the state, they don't violate people's rights in the movies. The sequence where they track Joker wasn't taken lightly at all, and the machine was never used again. Pretty much his whole argument hinged on that.

The 3rd movie actually takes place without the majority of state control, in complete absence of help from outside, and Batman is actually more powerful once he loses everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I like the batman series and cant wait to see this one. As soon as its out on
DVD, ill go straight to TPB and download it

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I didn't catch anything in his analysis about a machine or tracking the joker in the video, maybe I missed it, hmmm.

I did understand that movies manipulate us, and his example of Jaws was very true.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I just came back from watching it... thought i was a great film .... as to being programmed, i just think its another movie with good guys and bad guys.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Isn't Batman a vigilantie? A rouge crime fighter?

Films and stories of all kinds tend to have a shadowy enemy, it keeps up tension and suspence, resulting in more intesive action scenes and critical scenes more, well, critical.

Even the Bible has a shadowy enemy, known as the devil.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

He isn't rouge, he wears black...

Sorry, couldn't resist

As for the OP, Alex Jones sees a conspiracy in everything. I bet he accuses his own reflection of plotting against him... This is just a film, no one is making anyone see it, so it's hardly a good "programming" tool. For all the creators might have known, it may have flopped and no-one would see it.

In short, Alex Jones is a plank.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Where they use the cell phones to listen in on everything. They were tracking the Joker's movements, trying to locate him. Batman didn't want to use it, was extremely hesitant, and the machine was built for some other reason (I believe). Once they finished using it, Lucius Fox destroyed it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I did not preface my Op with "I know this is Alex Jones so take it with a grain of salt" on purpose.

I feel like every piece of information from the media and internet could be prefaced that way.

Sometimes Alex is an idiot, and sometimes he's right on. He obviously has a style for his work, that has made him famous. He also is obviously a smart man, you don't create what he has from being unintelligent.

edit on 20-7-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, in spite of cringing every time I hear Alex Jones speak, I watched the video and he does make some valid points.
It's no secret that Hollywood has been in the propaganda business for many years, anyone that's a fan of old WW2 movies can attest to that.
I was 6 years old when Jaws came out and my Dad took me to see it and despite living within 5 miles of a beach for the last 20 years, I can count the number of times I've swam in the ocean, on one hand. That movie definitely made an impact on my psyche.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It must really suck for the people that follow this guy's every word as if it were some manuscript to life.

This whole analysis is bunk, perhaps if this whole idea of Batman had come about in the past few years MAYBE I could see an inkling of resemblance to what he is stating. The fact that this movie is about a story that was written nearly 20 years ago, removes his validity.

As far as programming, just being on sites like this can "program" you to think a certain way. Advertising on television does the same thing. Just being around a group of people can program you to act a certain way.

My point is, have a brain, don't let others think for you. Go the the movie I am sure it will great.

Bane Origin

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

After reading your comment I asked the guy I work with here if he saw the movie Jaws in the theaters. He affirmed that he did in fact see it right after he got back from a WESTPAC deployment. He was stationed in San Diego at the time. I asked him if that movie caused wide spread panic and fear, he looked at me as if I were retarded. He said no way the beaches were still swarming with people in San Diego during the time the movie was in theaters and afterwards. Perhaps mileage may vary on that assumption that all beaches were empty because people are too slow to understand the difference between a movie and reality.

I was 6 years old when Jaws came out and my Dad took me to see it and despite living within 5 miles of a beach for the last 20 years, I can count the number of times I've swam in the ocean, on one hand. That movie definitely made an impact on my psyche.

So your dad thought it was a good idea to bring a 6 year old to the movie theater to watch people get eaten by sharks? At 6 you are very impressionable, so we blame the movie industry for your deep rooted fear of getting eaten by sharks in the ocean....BAD HOLLYWOOD!! Or maybe some parental responsibility should have prevailed......
edit on 20-7-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by Juggernog
controversial about it

I honestly don't that much about this movie either, not my thing, but Jones' analysis is that movies like this are programming us year after year to unconsciously see that there are bad guys or groups out there that are shadowy and that we need the govt and coroporations to beat them. If you have the time to watch the vid, he gives some good examples.

Alex has a company, it's not incorporated?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by Juggernog

After reading your comment I asked the guy I work with here if he saw the movie Jaws in the theaters. He affirmed that he did in fact see it right after he got back from a WESTPAC deployment. He was stationed in San Diego at the time. I asked him if that movie caused wide spread panic and fear, he looked at me as if I were retarded. He said no way the beaches were still swarming with people in San Diego during the time the movie was in theaters and afterwards. Perhaps mileage may vary on that assumption that all beaches were empty because people are too slow to understand the difference between a movie and reality.

You had to ask somebody? Hey, I grew up in a beach city in So Cal, I know all about it. Sure we all still went to the beach, but before that movie, I had zero fear of sharks, after, well it's 30 years later, and I still have fear of sharks even though I know that odds of a shark attack are basically nil.

If only just that one movie taught those in powerful places the value of implanting fear, it would have been enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Film, Music, Cartoons have all been used as a proganda , "brain washing" tools by the Military War Machine since they began, and I think to not examine everything we watch and listen to with a critical mind would be foolish in light of all that has been revealed about the NWO agenda.

I was reading another thread about the Laurel Canyon conspiracey recently, and it was mind blowing, could it possibly be a coincidence that many of these "stars" that came on the CA music scene in the 60's , were actually from military families envolved in mind control experiments on children, thier own children even? Was the whole hippie, rock movement an attempt to dis-credit the anti-war movement?

TPTB or wanna-be, seem to just love putting thier symbolism and ominous "intentions" in movies and hell, even in kids cartoons. I have seen and learned about too many "diabolical" connections between Hollywood, the illumanati, the government and the military to not be weary and on the look out for thier "twisted" little messages.

The crazy part is is that most of the creative people that work on these projects probably have no idea what they are actually doing...it's all in the edit room baby...hense all the "artistic" differences, but we all know who gets the final say....could make a similar argument about politicians.......you either "sell out" or very bad things will happen to you, if they let you live.....

<<   2 >>

join